1. ______"Buddy" Bolden is the protagonist of "Coming Through Slaughter."
2. The neighborhoods in "Coming Through Slaughter" have notorious stories of gamblers, prostitutes, and _______.
3. How is liquor handled in the barbershop?
(a) It's kept secret.
(b) It's forbidden.
(c) It's used for show.
(d) It's passed around.
4. What time is Buddy usually drunk by?
(a) 8 AM.
(c) 4 PM.
5. Why do smart customers come to the barbershop early?
(a) To avoid Buddy being drunk.
(b) To get good seats.
(c) To avoid the lunch rush.
(d) To beat the heat.
6. Buddy walks his kids to school by ____ AM.
7. Buddy cuts hair until ____ PM.
8. Buddy is with Nora until ____ PM.
9. At the end of Buddy's day what does he do?
(a) Plays music.
(b) Goes to the bar.
(d) Plays with his kids.
10. What kind of newspaper is The Cricket?
(c) International news.
This section contains 3,431 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)