|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which hospital did Olympia visit?
2. Who does Olympia plan to ask to help Frieda since Harry will not help her get to the ball?
3. What has happened to Frieda?
4. Why is the ball important to Frieda?
5. Who does Olympia ask, "Are you okay" and "Something on your mind"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Olympia angry at Harry's choice not to go to the ball?
2. What happens to Frieda that adds to Olympia's stress?
3. How are Veronica and Virginia different?
4. Why does Harry feel bad for not helping Olympia?
5. How does Frieda solve the visible tattoo issue for the ball?
6. Why does Harry agree to drop his mother, Frieda, off at the ball?
7. Why is Virginia upset at the end of Chapter 7?
8. How does Harry feel about The Arches ball?
9. What makes Olympia upset when she sees Veronica come out of the shower?
10. Why is Olympia still worried about Charlie in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Veronica and Virginia, although sisters, are very different girls. Provide three similarities and differences in the characters, and determine which one you would rather be like, and explain why.
Essay Topic 2
Olympia tries to make life look easy, but in reality she juggles a marriage, children and a job. While she seems to get by, sometimes added stress and problems arise that throw her out of her routine. In the end, Olympia manages to get everything done and looks amazing doing it. Do you think Olympia portrays a strong, modern woman? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Olympia is a good mother and wife, but she does a lot to support other people. Do you think that Olympia is too enabling to her children and husband? Explain your reasoning using support from the book.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)