|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material was the stole?
2. Who do the girls meet with at 7:00 the day of the ball?
3. Why is Olympia surprised that Steve is coming to the ball?
4. What item is Veronica missing for the ball?
5. What day of the week is the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Olympia upset when she sees Veronica come out of the shower?
2. Why does Harry feel bad for not helping Olympia?
3. Why is Olympia still worried about Charlie in Chapter 8?
4. How does Frieda solve the visible tattoo issue for the ball?
5. Why is Olympia angry at Harry's choice not to go to the ball?
6. Why can't Olympia call in sick to work and take care of herself and Max?
7. Why is Steve coming to the ball?
8. Why is Olympia concerned about Jeff, Veronica's escort the day of the ball?
9. What does Olympia have to run out to buy for Virginia at the beginning of Chapter 8?
10. What is wrong with Olympia two days before the ball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry and Chauncey are very different characters. Compare and contrast them using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Olympia is a good mother and wife, but she does a lot to support other people. Do you think that Olympia is too enabling to her children and husband? Explain your reasoning using support from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What was the most prominent theme in this book? Please provide examples of this theme throughout the novel.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)