|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Principles aren't like a hat you take on and off when it suits you"?
2. What happens to Olympia the weekend before the ball?
(a) She breaks her leg.
(b) She breaks her arm.
(c) She gets sick.
(d) She gets in a car accident.
3. Why is the ball important to Frieda?
(a) She never attended a ball as a child.
(b) She is bored and wants to brag about the ball to her friends.
(c) She wants to eat as much fancy food as possible.
(d) She hates staying at home.
4. What day of the week is the ball?
5. Why was Harry upset about the tattoo?
(a) It is against his religion.
(b) He thinks the tattoo is ugly.
(c) He thinks the tattoo colors are dull.
(d) He wishes the tattoo was larger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry agree to do for Olympia the day of the ball?
2. What color is Jeff's hair the day of the ball?
3. Why can't Olympia bring Frieda to the ball?
4. What ethnic food does the family order the night Charlie comes home for Winter break?
5. What does Olympia notice on Frieda's wrist in the morning while Frieda is still asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry agree to drop his mother, Frieda, off at the ball?
2. Why is Olympia concerned about Jeff, Veronica's escort the day of the ball?
3. Why is Virginia upset at the end of Chapter 7?
4. What does Olympia have to run out to buy for Virginia at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. How does Frieda solve the visible tattoo issue for the ball?
6. Why is Olympia still worried about Charlie in Chapter 8?
7. How does Harry feel about The Arches ball?
8. What happens to Max that makes life more difficult for Olympia right before the ball?
9. What is wrong with Olympia two days before the ball?
10. Why is Steve coming to the ball?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)