|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character seems preoccupied and upset to Olympia?
2. What does Harry say on his voicemail?
(a) His mother is sick.
(b) He has a work emergency.
(c) He is going on a trip.
(d) He is not feeling well.
3. Who says, "Principles aren't like a hat you take on and off when it suits you"?
4. Who has bronchitis?
5. Why is the ball important to Frieda?
(a) She never attended a ball as a child.
(b) She hates staying at home.
(c) She is bored and wants to brag about the ball to her friends.
(d) She wants to eat as much fancy food as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of pancakes does Olympia make for Max?
2. What item is mandatory for girls to wear at the ball?
3. What story does Frieda tell Olympia about a 17-year-old Harry?
4. What is Max's temperature on Sunday?
5. What is happening to Margaret's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Virginia to think she fails her exams?
2. Why is Olympia angry at Harry's choice not to go to the ball?
3. Why is Olympia so angry that Steve broke up with Virginia on the night he did?
4. What happens to Frieda that adds to Olympia's stress?
5. Why can't Olympia call in sick to work and take care of herself and Max?
6. Why is Olympia concerned about Jeff, Veronica's escort the day of the ball?
7. What is wrong with Olympia two days before the ball?
8. Why is Olympia still worried about Charlie in Chapter 8?
9. Why is Harry unable to be helpful at home?
10. Why does Harry agree to drop his mother, Frieda, off at the ball?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)