|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two family members are not going to the ball?
(a) Frieda and Virginia.
(b) Olympia and Harry.
(c) Max and Charlie.
(d) Max and Harry.
2. Who says, "Principles aren't like a hat you take on and off when it suits you"?
3. Which character has a new girlfriend before he dumps the last one?
4. What story does Frieda tell Olympia about a 17-year-old Harry?
(a) He got drunk and tried to enlist in the marines.
(b) He stole money from a local gas station.
(c) He cheated on an exam and was asked to drop out.
(d) He used drugs and was kicked out of college.
5. What kind of medicine makes Frieda loopy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Olympia while she is at work?
2. How is Frieda going to be able to attend the ball?
3. Who agrees with Olympia in that something is not right with Charlie?
4. What is happening to Margaret's mother?
5. What type of pancakes does Olympia make for Max?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Olympia so thankful to see Charlie in Chapter 6?
2. What causes Virginia to think she fails her exams?
3. Why is Olympia angry at Harry's choice not to go to the ball?
4. What happens to Frieda that adds to Olympia's stress?
5. Why is Steve coming to the ball?
6. Why does Harry feel bad for not helping Olympia?
7. How does Frieda solve the visible tattoo issue for the ball?
8. Why does the family celebrate Christmas and Chanukah?
9. Why is Olympia concerned about Jeff, Veronica's escort the day of the ball?
10. How are Veronica and Virginia different?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)