|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Virginia's gloves?
(a) She loses them on the bus.
(b) She rips them when trying them on.
(c) Steve steals them.
(d) Her friend's dog destroys them.
2. Who says, "Principles aren't like a hat you take on and off when it suits you"?
3. What kind of medicine makes Frieda loopy?
4. What day is Steve arriving in town?
5. Who has bronchitis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry agree to do for Olympia the day of the ball?
2. Where did Olympia take the girls at 12:00 the day of the ball?
3. What does Frieda's tattoo represent?
4. Which holiday does the family celebrate right before the ball?
5. What does Olympia notice on Veronica's back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Virginia upset at the end of Chapter 7?
2. What happens to Max that makes life more difficult for Olympia right before the ball?
3. How does Frieda solve the visible tattoo issue for the ball?
4. Why has Margaret taken a vacation?
5. Describe Charlie's relationship with Max.
6. Why is Olympia still worried about Charlie in Chapter 8?
7. What does Olympia have to run out to buy for Virginia at the beginning of Chapter 8?
8. Why is Steve coming to the ball?
9. Why is Harry unable to be helpful at home?
10. Why does Chauncey threaten to stop paying Veronica's tuition for a second time?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)