|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie's summer job?
(a) Teaching kids how to ride horses.
(b) Helping his father raise polo horses.
(c) Teaching a finance class at a local school.
(d) Being a lifeguard at a camp.
2. Who says, "I'm not going," to Charlie and Olympia?
3. Which daughter is not happy about the invitation?
4. Why is Frieda excited to go to the ball?
(a) She never attended a ball.
(b) She knows it will anger Harry.
(c) She wants to steal food.
(d) She wants to spy on the Protestants.
5. How many children does Olympia have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the street the family lives on?
2. What does Chauncey want Charlie to do after graduation?
3. What is Olympia's husband's name?
4. Where is the first place Max, Olympia and Harry go on their European vacation?
5. Who is interested in joining the ministry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of a debutante ball?
2. Why is Veronica mad at Chauncey at the end of Chapter 2?
3. Why is Olympia worried about Charlie?
4. How does Max feel about the ball?
5. Why does Charlie want to meet Veronica's escort?
6. How do the twins react to hearing about The Arches invitation?
7. What are Charlie's summer plans?
8. How does Chauncey feel about the invitation to The Arches?
9. What does Chauncey threaten to do if Veronica refuses to attend the ball?
10. What are the reasons that Veronica finally agrees to go to the ball?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)