|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the family going for Christmas vacation?
2. Who is not going to be at Olympia's table at the ball?
3. What field is Olympia's occupation?
(b) Civil rights.
(c) Health care.
4. How is Freida related to the twins?
(a) She is their great aunt.
(b) She is their stepgrandmother.
(c) She is their grandmother.
(d) She is a distant cousin.
5. Which child is Olympia worried about in Chapter 3 because of quiet and odd behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie's summer job?
2. What month is the ball going to be held?
3. Which character is African American?
4. What religion does Olympia convert to for her new husband?
5. Who eats a kosher meal on Thanksgiving?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Olympia so surprised about how pleasant Chauncey is during their phone conversation in Chapter 4?
2. What is the purpose of a debutante ball?
3. How does Chauncey feel about the invitation to The Arches?
4. What are Charlie options for post graduation plans?
5. What are some things that the family does in Paris?
6. Why is it unusual for Olympia to invite Frieda and Margaret to the ball?
7. Why does Olympia take Frieda shopping?
8. Why does Charlie want to meet Veronica's escort?
9. What is Virginia's big news?
10. Why is Olympia worried about Charlie?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)