|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harry think is in the den?
(c) One of Charlie's friends.
(d) The dog.
2. What type of shoes does Olympia buy Veronica?
(a) Manolo Blahnik.
(b) Christian Louboutin.
(c) Kate Spade.
(d) Jimmy Choo.
3. What type of special diet does Olympia try to prepare for Frieda?
(b) Sugar free.
(d) Gluten free.
4. Which two family members are not going to the ball?
(a) Olympia and Harry.
(b) Max and Charlie.
(c) Frieda and Virginia.
(d) Max and Harry.
5. Which member of the family manages to not get sick?
6. Why does Olympia not want to expose Frieda to Max's chicken pox?
(a) They may scare Frieda.
(b) Olympia does not want Frieda to take control of her family.
(c) Frieda would be sad to see Max in pain.
(d) It can cause shingles.
7. Why was Harry upset about the tattoo?
(a) He thinks the tattoo is ugly.
(b) It is against his religion.
(c) He thinks the tattoo colors are dull.
(d) He wishes the tattoo was larger.
8. What has happened to Frieda?
(a) She has a broken ankle.
(b) She has been arrested.
(c) She has lost track of time and thinks it is the evening of the ball.
(d) She has been robbed.
9. Where is Frieda staying for the next few weeks?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Olympia's den.
(c) Harry's office.
(d) Chauncey's guest room.
10. How is Frieda going to be able to attend the ball?
(a) Wearing a walking cast.
(b) In a wheelchair.
(c) On crutches.
(d) Using a walker.
11. Who tells Chauncey to "grow up" at the end of Chapter 8?
12. Why does Jeff have to change his hair color for the ball?
(a) The current color does not match his outift.
(b) He will not be allowed to be Veronica's escort if he doesn not change it.
(c) He does not like the color he chose.
(d) He is allergic to the hair dye he has used.
13. Harry relates himself going to The Arches like Martin Luther King going to an event hosted by whom?
(a) Hispanic immigrants.
(b) The Ku Klux Klan.
(c) Political leaders.
(d) Jewish women.
14. Who calls Olympia while she is at work?
15. Where is Harry a judge?
(a) The court of appeals.
(b) The city of Newark court system.
(c) The Supreme Court.
(d) The State of New York court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the ball important to Frieda?
2. What does Harry agree to do for Olympia the day of the ball?
3. What is the weather like the day of the ball?
4. Who does Olympia ask, "Are you okay" and "Something on your mind"?
5. What does Harry say on his voicemail?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)