|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Olympia take the girls at 12:00 the day of the ball?
(a) To the hairdresser.
(b) To the rehearsal.
(c) To the department store to shop for new dresses.
(d) To the airport.
2. Which child does Harry find most unhelpful around the house?
3. What does Harry say on his voicemail?
(a) His mother is sick.
(b) He is going on a trip.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He has a work emergency.
4. Who do the girls meet with at 7:00 the day of the ball?
(a) The hairdresser.
(b) The photographer.
(c) The manicurist.
(d) The makeup artist.
5. What type of dress does Olympia wear to the event?
(a) Pink cotton.
(b) Blue satin.
(c) Red polyester.
(d) Black velvet.
6. Who does Olympia plan to ask to help Frieda since Harry will not help her get to the ball?
7. Why does Olympia not want to expose Frieda to Max's chicken pox?
(a) Frieda would be sad to see Max in pain.
(b) They may scare Frieda.
(c) Olympia does not want Frieda to take control of her family.
(d) It can cause shingles.
8. What material was the stole?
9. Who does Olympia ask, "Are you okay" and "Something on your mind"?
10. Which character seems preoccupied and upset to Olympia?
11. What item is mandatory for girls to wear at the ball?
12. Which character has a new girlfriend before he dumps the last one?
13. What day of the week is the ball?
14. Harry relates himself going to The Arches like Martin Luther King going to an event hosted by whom?
(a) Political leaders.
(b) Jewish women.
(c) The Ku Klux Klan.
(d) Hispanic immigrants.
15. How is Frieda going to be able to attend the ball?
(a) In a wheelchair.
(b) Wearing a walking cast.
(c) Using a walker.
(d) On crutches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of car does Olympia rent to take Frieda to the ball?
2. Which holiday does the family celebrate right before the ball?
3. What does Olympia notice on Veronica's back?
4. What story does Frieda tell Olympia about a 17-year-old Harry?
5. What is wrong with Max?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)