|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Olympia when she divorces her first husband?
2. Which accessory do the girls not need for the ball?
(a) Evening bags.
(d) White gloves.
3. Who says, "Your a better lawyer than I was"?
4. What is Olympia's husband's name?
5. Which item does Charlie not do when he's home from school?
(a) Take Max to Central Park.
(b) Go on a date with one of his sister's friends.
(c) Buy a new car.
(d) See his friends.
6. What does Chauncey threaten to do if either of the girls do not attend the ball?
(a) Not pay for their Eurpoean vacation.
(b) Not take them shopping for new clothes.
(c) Not pay college tuition.
(d) Not buy them new cars.
7. Where is Steve from?
(d) New York.
8. What type of dress does Olympia recommend for Frieda?
(a) Black velvet.
(b) White silk.
(c) Red satin.
(d) Green cotton.
9. Who does Olympia spend Friday afternoon's with?
10. Who thinks neither girl should come out?
11. Who says, "I'm not going," to Charlie and Olympia?
12. What does the family use in Central Park in place of sleds?
(a) Garbage bags.
(b) Cookie sheets.
(d) Lunch trays.
13. Which character does not have a job?
14. How many other debutante balls has Jeff been to besides the upcoming event?
15. How does Veronica find out about her father's threat not to pay for college?
(a) Charlie tells her.
(b) An email.
(c) A letter.
(d) A phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "'I'm taking Virginia as a hostage, to bring Veronica to her senses"?
2. Who does Charlie suggest Olympia calls?
3. How many children does Olympia have?
4. Which character went to both Harvard and Yale?
5. What happened to Olympia's parents?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)