|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Veronica's escort spending Thanksgiving?
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
2. Who eats a kosher meal on Thanksgiving?
3. Which ball are the girls invited to attend?
(a) The Brownstone.
(b) The Newport Ball.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) The Arches.
4. Who says, "work was for the masses"?
5. Who does Olympia spend Friday afternoon's with?
6. Which character does not have a job?
7. Why is Frieda excited to go to the ball?
(a) She knows it will anger Harry.
(b) She wants to steal food.
(c) She wants to spy on the Protestants.
(d) She never attended a ball.
8. Which university does Harry teach at?
(c) New York.
9. What is the name of the list of the upper class society?
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) The Social Register.
(c) The Arches List.
(d) The List of Society.
10. What does Chauncey want Charlie to do after graduation?
(a) Move to San Francisco.
(b) Become a minister.
(c) Travel the world.
(d) Move to Newport to train ponies.
11. Who is Virginia's escort to the ball?
12. What is Harry's nickname for Olympia?
13. Which accessory do the girls not need for the ball?
(b) White gloves.
(c) Evening bags.
14. Who is Margaret Washington?
(a) Olympia's coworker.
(b) Charlie's girlfriend.
(c) Harry ex-wife.
(d) Max's aunt.
15. Who will be most humiliated if the girls do not come out at the ball?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "color of blood" of the high society class?
2. What is Ginny's big news?
3. Which two sports does Veronica's escort play?
4. Where does Steve's brother go to school?
5. Who does Charlie suggest Olympia calls?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)