|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which place does the family not go to in the Riviera?
(a) St. Tropez.
(c) Monte Carlo.
2. Who is always quick to take care of Max when needed?
3. What does Chauncey threaten to do if either of the girls do not attend the ball?
(a) Not buy them new cars.
(b) Not pay college tuition.
(c) Not pay for their Eurpoean vacation.
(d) Not take them shopping for new clothes.
4. Which professional does Olympia do for a living?
5. Where is the first place Max, Olympia and Harry go on their European vacation?
6. Who says, "Your a better lawyer than I was"?
7. What items does Charlie use for war paint?
(a) Blush and mascara.
(b) Markers and apple butter.
(c) Toothpaste and lipstick.
(d) Eye liner and nail polish.
8. Which item does Charlie not do when he's home from school?
(a) Take Max to Central Park.
(b) See his friends.
(c) Buy a new car.
(d) Go on a date with one of his sister's friends.
9. What is Harry's nickname for Olympia?
10. Why is Frieda excited to go to the ball?
(a) She never attended a ball.
(b) She knows it will anger Harry.
(c) She wants to steal food.
(d) She wants to spy on the Protestants.
11. Which accessory do the girls not need for the ball?
(b) Evening bags.
(c) White gloves.
12. How long has Olympia been married to her current husband?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 30 years.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 8 years.
13. How is Freida related to the twins?
(a) She is their great aunt.
(b) She is a distant cousin.
(c) She is their grandmother.
(d) She is their stepgrandmother.
14. How many other debutante balls has Jeff been to besides the upcoming event?
15. What does Olympia send to The Arches?
(a) A decline to the invitation.
(b) A check for only one girl to attend.
(c) A donation for $5,000 to the event.
(d) A check for both girls to attend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Olympia say she is going to take Frieda dress shopping?
2. What does Olympia sell to pay off her family's debt?
3. Who will be most humiliated if the girls do not come out at the ball?
4. Which ball are the girls invited to attend?
5. What special item comes in the mail on Friday afternoon?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)