|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8: Deep Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sentenced Jesus Christ to death?
(b) Pontius Pilate.
2. What book did Copernicus have published near the time of his death?
(a) "The Almagest."
(b) "Sidereus Nuncius."
(c) "On the Origin of Species."
(d) "De Revolutionibus."
3. When did Galileo Galilei die?
4. When was William Herschel born?
5. Who launched one of the most renowned transit expeditions was launched by the Royal Society in August 1768?
(a) Claudius Ptolemy.
(b) Prince Henry the Navigator.
(c) Marco Polo.
(d) Captain James Cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a model of the solar system published by Tycho Brahe in the late 16th century which combined what he saw as the mathematical benefits of the Copernican system with the philosophical and "physical" benefits of the Ptolemaic system?
2. What word means small or tiny?
3. When was Isaac Newton born?
4. William Herschel became most famous for the discovery of which planet?
5. The Middle Ages encompassed the period from the 5th century to when?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)