|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must convey both time and emotion, according to Chapter 5?
(a) Thought and emotion.
(b) Time and emotion.
(c) Time and travel.
(d) Emotion and Instinct.
2. What advantage do film and theater have of an audience that is forced to do what?
(a) Press rewind and play buttons.
(b) View the action as presented.
(c) Sit quietly.
(d) Charge per viewing.
3. What is determined by how much space is available and what technology is to be used to reproduce it?
(a) Size and number of ink sets.
(b) Size of pens and number of colors.
(c) Number of pages.
(d) Size and number of pages and colors.
4. In a story by Eisner how does he make the text express the sentiment of a scene?
(a) The text is lettered in a similar style.
(b) The text is lettered in teardrops.
(c) The text is broken into many balloons.
(d) The text is fragmented across the panel.
5. Where does Eisner's second example in "Contract with God" take place?
(a) Madison Avenue.
(c) Mount Sinai.
(d) The Bronx.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of art does "Comics as a Form of Reading" describe?
2. What can the frame's shape or absence convey?
3. What determines how successfully the commonality of the human body is conveyed?
4. How do comics form a language?
5. What does this alphabetic expression introduce?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)