|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a modern attempt at codifying the wide range of postures and the emotions they reflect
(a) Body language.
(b) Verbal communication.
(c) Gestural structure.
(d) Gesture and wave.
2. What do the writer and artist "pledge allegiance" to when working on comics together?
(a) The integrated whole.
(b) The message.
(c) A specific skill set.
(d) The point.
3. What method is the mainstay for facial expressions and body movement?
(a) Heavy marking.
(b) Exaggerated gesture.
(c) Simple, concise images.
(d) Clear blocking.
4. What dominates the reader's initial response?
(a) Hardbound novels.
5. In "Contract with God," how is the text lettered?
(a) Partly in Hebraic style.
(b) Partly in Celtic runes.
(c) Partly in astrological charts.
(d) Partly in Yiddish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has provided a new horizon to the industry?
2. What is one of the two examples of time measurement Eisner mentions?
3. When words are used, the task of rendering body and face grows more?
4. Does this book suggest the structures of illustration and of prose are similar?
5. What particular changes in sound does calligraphy relate to?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)