|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method is the mainstay for facial expressions and body movement?
(a) Heavy marking.
(b) Exaggerated gesture.
(c) Simple, concise images.
(d) Clear blocking.
2. Images without words require what in the reader or viewer?
(a) Little knowledge.
(c) Extra sophistication.
(d) Technical practice.
3. What can be used when facial expressions are critical?
(a) Narrow channels.
(b) Panoramic views.
(c) Heavy lines.
4. What can hold the whole together through changes of scenery?
5. What forces the reader to supply dialogue in an image sequence?
(a) The strained context of the image.
(b) The fluid lines of the image.
(c) The speed of the action.
(d) The proximity of the action.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the third example in a "Contract with God," the heavy lettering is above what creature?
2. Calligraphy symbols are rendered with what three things?
3. How did comics begin?
4. What does lettering often serves as an extension of?
5. What kind of introduction does "Comics as a Form of Reading" use to discuss art?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)