|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sequential artist and the reader must share what kind of experience?
(a) Skill set experience.
(b) Oral communication.
(c) Life experience.
(d) Monetary trade.
2. How do comics form a language?
(a) By repetitiveness.
(b) By spontaneity.
(c) Through morphemes.
(d) Through content.
3. What are the main forums for sequential art in today's world?
(a) Daily comic strips.
(b) Weekly comic strips.
(c) Gnostic illustrations.
(d) Roman friezes.
4. As a language, what do comics need to utilize?
(a) A grammar.
(b) A pair of ears.
(c) A message.
(d) A pen and ink.
5. Expression becomes an alphabet when it undergoes what process?
Short Answer Questions
1. How can a panel have a body plunge down the right-hand margin of a page?
2. In a story by Eisner how does he make the text express the sentiment of a scene?
3. If a reader knows instinctively how gravity works, what will happen when they read panels that don't function like sentences?
4. How can a panel be diagrammed?
5. In one of Eisner's Spirit stories he analyzes a hero who wishes to do what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)