|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of a young person's life are comic books said to have a role?
(a) Late puberty.
(b) The early literary diet.
(c) The philosophical years.
(d) The toddler phase.
2. What does lettering often serves as an extension of?
(a) Phrasal verbs.
3. Images without words require what in the reader or viewer?
(a) Extra sophistication.
(b) Little knowledge.
(c) Technical practice.
4. After which century, did artists start to depend on expressions, postures, and backdrops?
5. In the third example in a "Contract with God," the heavy lettering is above what creature?
(b) Horse of the Apocalypse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Imagery examines and illustrates the juxtaposition of what two things?
2. Calligraphy symbols are rendered with what three things?
3. What particular changes in sound does calligraphy relate to?
4. When speed lines indicate motion they are part of what language?
5. Does this book suggest the structures of illustration and of prose are similar?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)