|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a story by Eisner how does he make the text express the sentiment of a scene?
(a) The text is broken into many balloons.
(b) The text is lettered in teardrops.
(c) The text is lettered in a similar style.
(d) The text is fragmented across the panel.
2. How can a panel have a body plunge down the right-hand margin of a page?
(a) By breaking the right-to-left convention.
(b) By forming a new principle about pressure panels.
(c) By breaking the left-to-right convention.
(d) By using the spiral principle.
3. What are these artists trying to arrange?
(a) Complex thoughts, sounds, actions, and ideas.
(b) Neural synapses.
(c) Power and wealth.
(d) Simple questions.
4. How did comics begin?
(a) In MS Paint.
(b) As one-page illustrations.
(c) As short features.
(d) In printmaking.
5. The sequential artist and the reader must share what kind of experience?
(a) Oral communication.
(b) Monetary trade.
(c) Life experience.
(d) Skill set experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Contract with God" by Eisner, what does the stone tablet suggest?
2. What element of weather messes with the typeface in Eisner's second example?
3. What type of art does "Comics as a Form of Reading" describe?
4. Calligraphy symbols are rendered with what three things?
5. What does lettering often serves as an extension of?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)