|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element of weather messes with the typeface in Eisner's second example?
2. Expression becomes an alphabet when it undergoes what process?
3. What are the main forums for sequential art in today's world?
(a) Gnostic illustrations.
(b) Daily comic strips.
(c) Weekly comic strips.
(d) Roman friezes.
4. What other things can lettering reflect in comics?
(a) Mentality and personality.
(b) Thought and size.
(c) Heart and mind.
(d) Character and emotion.
5. How do comics form a language?
(a) Through morphemes.
(b) Through content.
(c) By repetitiveness.
(d) By spontaneity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the nature of lettering reflect about the artist?
2. What demonstrates the meaning of the balloon?
3. What is another word for panels?
4. What can be used when facial expressions are critical?
5. What particular changes in sound does calligraphy relate to?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)