|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other example of time measurement does Eisner mention?
(a) Musical notation.
(d) Symmetric space.
2. What does this alphabetic expression introduce?
(a) Simple principles.
(b) Syntactic process.
(c) Deeper meanings and complexities.
(d) Heartfelt communication.
3. What does the nature of lettering reflect about the artist?
(a) The artist's weight.
(b) The artist's soul.
(c) The artist's style.
(d) The artist's race.
4. What kind of pictographs weld visual imagery and "uniform derivative" symbols?
5. Around when did daily comic strips first appear?
Short Answer Questions
1. The earliest use of balloons was in what type of art?
2. Imagery examines and illustrates the juxtaposition of what two things?
3. In which 18th century tool do inscriptions reappear?
4. What element of weather messes with the typeface in Eisner's second example?
5. What can happen after letters in comics are devised from familiar objects?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)