|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "To yield possession to my holy prayers and to thy state of darkness hie thee straight"?
2. What does Luciana confess at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What does Dromio of Syracuse claim has turned itself backwards?
4. What does Angelo give to Antipholus of Syracuse when he enters the house in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What does Antipholus of Syracuse say the Courtesan is after she approaches him in Act 4, Scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of mistaken identity in the play. What factors allowed the author to be able to hide the character's true identity so well?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of love and honor in the play. Which characters exhibit the most loyal and loving behavior in the play? What importance does this have?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of puns and wordplay in the play. What purpose did the author have for using them?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)