|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Courtesan question Antipholus of Syracuse about when she first sees him in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. Who says, "To yield possession to my holy prayers and to thy state of darkness hie thee straight"?
3. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Finish the sentence: "Here's not a man I meet but doth salute me as if I were their well-acquainted friend; and every one doth call me by my _____."
5. What does Antipholus of Syracuse ask Dromio of Syracuse about when he runs into him in Act 4, Scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Abbess in the play. What does she represent in societal terms?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role Egeon's story at the beginning of the play had in the play as a whole. What impact does it have on the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of puns and wordplay in the play. What purpose did the author have for using them?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)