|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are conversing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Who says, "This I wonder at, that he, unknown to me, should be in debt"?
3. What does the conjuror offer to do if the officer lets Antipholus go in Act 4, Scene 4?
4. Finish the sentence: "Marry sir, such claim as you would lay to your horse; and she would have me as a _____."
5. From where has Antipholus of Ephesus just come when he approaches Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Abbess in the play. What does she represent in societal terms?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance that Ephesian law played in the play. In what ways does it add to the amount of confusion between the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the repercussions of the impulsive nature of the Antipholus character. What does this impulsiveness cause? What might the author be saying about impulsiveness?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)