|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is accompanying Angelo and the Second Merchant at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Who says, "Call thyself sister, sweet, for I am thee"?
3. From where has Dromio of Syracuse found a ship in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Finish the sentence: "He gains by death that hath such means to die: let Love, being light, be drowned if she ____."
5. Which character wishes to flee Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Abbess in the play. What does she represent in societal terms?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the use of violence in the play. What does violence help to achieve in terms of character development?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dromio's role as the clown figure in the play. What characteristics does he possess that put him in this category? What purpose does he serve by portraying this role?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)