|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "That labour may you save: see where he comes"?
2. Finish the sentence: "Far from her nest the lapwing cries away: my heart prays for him, though my tongue do ______."
3. Who does Antipholus of Syracuse confess his love for in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Finish the sentence: "Marry sir, such claim as you would lay to your horse; and she would have me as a _____."
5. Where does Act 4, Scene 2 take place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of loss in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of puns and wordplay in the play. What purpose did the author have for using them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the author's incorporating comical characters and serious characters in the same scene. What might this be saying about the tone of the play?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)