|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose physical attributes are compared to a map of the world in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Finish the sentence: "Marry sir, such claim as you would lay to your horse; and she would have me as a _____."
3. What does Antipholus of Ephesus instruct Dromio of Ephesus to purchase before approaching Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Finish the sentence: "Ay, sir, the sergeant of the band, he that brings any man to answer it that breaks his ____."
5. Who says, "And true he swore, though yet forsworn he were"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of puns and wordplay in the play. What purpose did the author have for using them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of the author's incorporating comical characters and serious characters in the same scene. What might this be saying about the tone of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of jealousy in the play.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)