|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "He gains by death that hath such means to die: let Love, being light, be drowned if she ____."
2. Who says, "Call thyself sister, sweet, for I am thee"?
3. Finish the sentence: "Go home with it and please your wife withal; and soon at supper-time I'll visit you and then receive my money for the ____."
4. Who fetches the item that Dromio of Syracuse requests in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What causes Dormio of Syracuse to express confusion in Act 3, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Duke in the play. What might the author hope for his character to represent in terms of society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of loss in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the author's use of demonic references in the play. What purpose might these have served?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)