|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters are conversing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Who says, "And true he swore, though yet forsworn he were"?
3. Where does the Second Merchant tell Angelo he is about to travel to during their conversation in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Finish the sentence: "Mightst thou perceive austerely in his eye that he did plead in ____."
5. Since when does the Second Merchant tell Angelo he has owed him during their conversation in Act 4, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of the relationship between the Antipholus and Dromio characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role Egeon's story at the beginning of the play had in the play as a whole. What impact does it have on the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of puns and wordplay in the play. What purpose did the author have for using them?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)