|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of "limbo" does Dromio of Syracuse tell Adriana that Antipholus is in?
2. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse say he must go at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
3. Finish the sentence: "Here's not a man I meet but doth salute me as if I were their well-acquainted friend; and every one doth call me by my _____."
4. Who is waiting on the street at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4?
5. What does the Courtesan claim Antipholus has taken from her during their discussion in Act 4, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role Egeon's story at the beginning of the play had in the play as a whole. What impact does it have on the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of gold to the characters in the play. What does gold represent to them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of temper in the play. What is the author trying to say about the importance of controlling one's temper?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)