|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Dromio of Syracuse agree to go to at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
2. What does Angelo give to Antipholus of Syracuse when he enters the house in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Antipholus of Syracuse say the Courtesan is after she approaches him in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. What type of "limbo" does Dromio of Syracuse tell Adriana that Antipholus is in?
5. Finish the sentence: "Belike you thought our love would last too long, if it were chain'd together, and therefore came ____."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Discuss and analyze the use of violence in the play. What does violence help to achieve in terms of character development?
Essay Topic 2Examine the nature of the relationship between the Antipholus and Dromio characters in the play.
Essay Topic 3Discuss Dromio's role as the clown figure in the play. What characteristics does he possess that put him in this category? What purpose does he serve by portraying this role?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)