|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dromio of Syracuse tell Antipholus of Ephesus that causes him to think Dromio is mad?
2. Who is waiting on the street at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4?
3. Who says, "I cannot, nor I will not, hold me still; my tongue, though not my heart, shall have his will"?
4. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse off in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Whose physical attributes are compared to a map of the world in Act 3, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of the loss of freedom in the play. Which characters lost their freedom? In what ways does the author give back their freedom? What might freedom represent in terms of the play's theme?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of Adriana and Luciana's relationship in the play. How does their relationship differ from the other siblings' in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of love and honor in the play. Which characters exhibit the most loyal and loving behavior in the play? What importance does this have?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)