|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 4, Scene 2 take place?
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse say he wants Luciana to teach him?
3. What does Dromio of Syracuse tell the women he has come to the house for in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Who is the first person to be threatened with arrest by the officer in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. Finish the sentence: "Go home with it and please your wife withal; and soon at supper-time I'll visit you and then receive my money for the ____."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the use of violence in the play. What does violence help to achieve in terms of character development?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dromio's role as the clown figure in the play. What characteristics does he possess that put him in this category? What purpose does he serve by portraying this role?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of love and honor in the play. Which characters exhibit the most loyal and loving behavior in the play? What importance does this have?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)