|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Nay, 'tis for me to be patient; I am in ______."
2. What does Dromio of Syracuse claim has turned itself backwards?
3. From where has Dromio of Syracuse found a ship in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Finish the sentence: "Go home with it and please your wife withal; and soon at supper-time I'll visit you and then receive my money for the ____."
5. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of gold to the characters in the play. What does gold represent to them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the use of violence in the play. What does violence help to achieve in terms of character development?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance that Ephesian law played in the play. In what ways does it add to the amount of confusion between the characters in the play?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)