|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse off to in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Finish the sentence: "It was two ere I left him, and now the clock strikes ___."
3. What does Antipholus of Syracuse say the Courtesan is after she approaches him in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. Who says, "This I wonder at, that he, unknown to me, should be in debt"?
5. Finish the sentence: "He gains by death that hath such means to die: let Love, being light, be drowned if she ____."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance that Ephesian law played in the play. In what ways does it add to the amount of confusion between the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of mistaken identity in the play. What factors allowed the author to be able to hide the character's true identity so well?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of the character Luciana in the play. What traits does she possess? What role does she play?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)