|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse leave to go to at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Who says, "And true he swore, though yet forsworn he were"?
3. Which two characters are conversing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What does Dromio of Syracuse have with him when he runs into Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. Finish the sentence: "Mightst thou perceive austerely in his eye that he did plead in ____."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of the loss of freedom in the play. Which characters lost their freedom? In what ways does the author give back their freedom? What might freedom represent in terms of the play's theme?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the author's use of demonic references in the play. What purpose might these have served?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dromio's role as the clown figure in the play. What characteristics does he possess that put him in this category? What purpose does he serve by portraying this role?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)