|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Mightst thou perceive austerely in his eye that he did plead in ____."
2. Finish the sentence: "Go home with it and please your wife withal; and soon at supper-time I'll visit you and then receive my money for the ____."
3. Finish the sentence: "Far from her nest the lapwing cries away: my heart prays for him, though my tongue do ______."
4. What causes Dormio of Syracuse to express confusion in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Where does Act 4, Scene 2 take place?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the use of violence in the play. What does violence help to achieve in terms of character development?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of loss in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the use of puns and wordplay in the play. What purpose did the author have for using them?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)