|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Ephesus instruct Dromio of Ephesus to purchase before approaching Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Where does Dromio of Syracuse go when he leaves the house at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "Ay, sir, the sergeant of the band, he that brings any man to answer it that breaks his ____."
4. Who is accompanying Angelo and the Second Merchant at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
5. Who says, "Not that Adam that kept the Paradise but that Adam that keeps the prison: he that goes in the calf's skin that was killed for the Prodigal"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of the character Luciana in the play. What traits does she possess? What role does she play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of gold to the characters in the play. What does gold represent to them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of mistaken identity in the play. What factors allowed the author to be able to hide the character's true identity so well?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)