|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse off to in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Finish the sentence: "Mightst thou perceive austerely in his eye that he did plead in ____."
3. What causes Dormio of Syracuse to express confusion in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "That labour may you save: see where he comes"?
5. Who says, "Besides this present instance of his rage, is a mad tale he told to-day at dinner, of his own doors being shut against his entrance"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the author's incorporating comical characters and serious characters in the same scene. What might this be saying about the tone of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of the character Luciana in the play. What traits does she possess? What role does she play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of temper in the play. What is the author trying to say about the importance of controlling one's temper?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)