|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Marry sir, such claim as you would lay to your horse; and she would have me as a _____."
2. What does Dromio of Syracuse claim has turned itself backwards?
3. What does Angelo tell the Second Merchant he is owed payment for in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Which characters are talking with each other at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Where does the Courtesan decide to go at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Duke in the play. What might the author hope for his character to represent in terms of society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role Egeon's story at the beginning of the play had in the play as a whole. What impact does it have on the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of Adriana and Luciana's relationship in the play. How does their relationship differ from the other siblings' in the play?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)