|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Go home with it and please your wife withal; and soon at supper-time I'll visit you and then receive my money for the ____."
2. Who says, "The fellow is distract, and so am I; and here we wander in illusions: some blessed power deliver us from hence"?
3. Finish the sentence: "Far from her nest the lapwing cries away: my heart prays for him, though my tongue do ______."
4. Where does Dromio of Syracuse go when he leaves the house at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What does Dromio of Syracuse tell Antipholus of Ephesus that causes him to think Dromio is mad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Duke in the play. What might the author hope for his character to represent in terms of society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the use of violence in the play. What does violence help to achieve in terms of character development?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of the character Luciana in the play. What traits does she possess? What role does she play?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)