|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to be threatened with arrest by the officer in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Finish the sentence: "Here's not a man I meet but doth salute me as if I were their well-acquainted friend; and every one doth call me by my _____."
3. In what manner does Dromio of Syracuse enter the house in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse leave to go to at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Who says, "To yield possession to my holy prayers and to thy state of darkness hie thee straight"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of the loss of freedom in the play. Which characters lost their freedom? In what ways does the author give back their freedom? What might freedom represent in terms of the play's theme?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of the relationship between the Antipholus and Dromio characters in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the Duke in the play. What might the author hope for his character to represent in terms of society?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)