|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the establishment that Antipholus of Ephesus decides to take his friends to for dinner?
2. Finish the sentence: "The beasts, the fishes, and the winged fowls, are their males' subjects and at their _______."
3. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
4. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse to an inn in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What excuse does Luciana give Adriana regarding her husband's tardiness in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Antipholus of Ephesus send Dromio of Syracuse to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1.
5. What happens when Antipholus of Ephesus tries to enter his home in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. What do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse discuss in regards to Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
7. How does Antipholus of Syracuse tell Luciana he feels about her?
8. Where and why does Antipholus of Syracuse go after Dromio of Ephesus at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. How does Luciana describe Antipholus' advances to her in Act 4, Scene 2?
10. What does Luciana lecture Antipholus of Syracuse about at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Duke in the play. What might the author hope for his character to represent in terms of society?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of love and honor in the play. Which characters exhibit the most loyal and loving behavior in the play? What importance does this have?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the use of violence in the play. What does violence help to achieve in terms of character development?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)