Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Dromio of Syracuse to "bid the servants spread for dinner"?
2. Who is the first to tell Antipholus of Ephesus and his men that they cannot enter the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
4. Finish the sentence: "Ay, ay, Antipholus, look strange and frown: some other mistress hath thy sweet _____."
5. Finish the sentence: "Be it my wrong you are from me exempt, but wrong not that wrong with a more _______."
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Courtesan first act when she approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What is the nature of Adriana and Antipholus of Syracuse's conversation in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is the nature of the discussion between Antipholus of Ephesus and Balthazar in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What is the nature of Adriana and Luciana's conversation at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse become angry with Dromio of Ephesus in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. What do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse discuss in regards to Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
7. Why does Egion tell the Duke he decided to go after his son after he left home?
8. What is the nature of the discussion between Antipholus of Syracuse and the First Merchant at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse to an inn in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What does Dromio of Ephesus say he needs his master for in Act 1, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Duke in the play. What might the author hope for his character to represent in terms of society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of puns and wordplay in the play. What purpose did the author have for using them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of loss in the play.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)