|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls out to Antipholus of Ephesus' servants to let them inside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What time does Adriana complain it is at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is the first to tell Antipholus of Ephesus and his men that they cannot enter the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Finish the sentence: "Say that I linger'd with you at your shop to see the making of her ______."
5. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adriana tell Luciana she fears at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What happens when Antipholus of Ephesus tries to enter his home in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What is the nature of the conversation between the Abbess and Adriana in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. What is the nature of Adriana and Antipholus of Syracuse's conversation in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How does the Courtesan first act when she approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3?
6. Where and why does Antipholus of Syracuse go after Dromio of Ephesus at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What happened to Egion and his family after a rock broke apart the boat they were riding home on?
8. Describe the conversation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1.
9. What does Pinch ask of the officer in regards to Antipholus of Ephesus in Act 4, Scene 4?
10. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role Egeon's story at the beginning of the play had in the play as a whole. What impact does it have on the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the nature of the relationship between the Antipholus and Dromio characters in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of gold to the characters in the play. What does gold represent to them?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)