|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not waiting with Antipholus of Ephesus at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Who says, "I did not see you since you sent me hence, home to the Centaur, with the gold you gave me"?
3. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
4. Who is the first to enter the scene during Adriana and Luciana's conversation at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Adriana's conversation at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Describe the conversation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1.
3. How does Adriana react after learning that her husband made advances on her sister?
4. What does Luciana lecture Antipholus of Syracuse about at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Why does Antipholus of Ephesus beat Dromio of Ephesus in Act 4, Scene 4?
6. What happened to Egion and his family on their journey home to Syracuse, according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. How does Antipholus of Syracuse react towards the Courtesan in Act 4, Scene 3?
8. What does Adriana tell Luciana she fears at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What is the nature of Adriana and Antipholus of Syracuse's conversation in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. How do the women react to Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse's strange behavior at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of the character Luciana in the play. What traits does she possess? What role does she play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of gold to the characters in the play. What does gold represent to them?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the author's use of demonic references in the play. What purpose might these have served?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)