|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls out to Antipholus of Ephesus' servants to let them inside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Who says, "The plainer dealer, the sooner lost: yet he loseth it in a kind of jollity"?
3. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
4. Who runs away in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Luciana give Adriana regarding her husband's tardiness in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What offer does the Duke make to Egion at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What happened to Egion and his family on their journey home to Syracuse, according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does the Duke say to Egion just before allowing him to plead his case in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Why is Antipholus of Ephesus arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
6. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse to an inn in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse discuss in regards to Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
8. Describe the exchange between Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3 just after Dromio has left the home of Antipholus of Ephesus.
9. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the end of Act 3, Scene 2.
10. What does Dromio of Ephesus say he needs his master for in Act 1, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of loss in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of temper in the play. What is the author trying to say about the importance of controlling one's temper?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role Egeon's story at the beginning of the play had in the play as a whole. What impact does it have on the outcome of the play?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)