|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
3. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
4. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
5. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse's conversation at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How do the women react to Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse's strange behavior at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does the Duke say to Egion just before allowing him to plead his case in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How does Dromio of Syracuse enter Antipholus of Ephesus' home in Act 4, Scene 2 and why does he enter this way?
5. What does Adriana command of Dromio of Ephesus in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse become angry with Dromio of Ephesus in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What happened to Egion and his family after a rock broke apart the boat they were riding home on?
8. What is the nature of the discussion between Antipholus of Syracuse and the First Merchant at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus instruct Dromio of Ephesus to buy near the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
10. What does Adriana say to the Duke in Act 5, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of loss in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of gold to the characters in the play. What does gold represent to them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of mistaken identity in the play. What factors allowed the author to be able to hide the character's true identity so well?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)