|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Time is their master, and, when they see time, they'll go or come: if so, be patient, ______."
2. Who is the first character to enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who says, "Thus I mend it: Time himself is bald and therefore to the world's end will have bald followers"?
4. What phrase of Antipholus' does Dromio of Ephesus continue to quote for Adriana and Luciana in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Angelo and the Second Merchant at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1.
2. What does Adriana command of Dromio of Ephesus in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Describe the conversation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1.
4. What is the nature of Adriana and Luciana's conversation at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. Where and why does Antipholus of Syracuse go after Dromio of Ephesus at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
6. How does Antipholus of Syracuse react towards the Courtesan in Act 4, Scene 3?
7. Why does Antipholus of Ephesus beat Dromio of Ephesus in Act 4, Scene 4?
8. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Adriana's conversation at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
9. What does Luciana say to Adriana regarding her mood at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
10. What is the nature of the discussion between Antipholus of Ephesus and Balthazar in Act 3, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of Adriana and Luciana's relationship in the play. How does their relationship differ from the other siblings' in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of jealousy in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of gold to the characters in the play. What does gold represent to them?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)