|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Time is their master, and, when they see time, they'll go or come: if so, be patient, ______."
2. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "Ay, ay, Antipholus, look strange and frown: some other mistress hath thy sweet _____."
4. Who is described as "horn-mad"?
5. Finish the sentence: "Husband, I'll dine above with you to-day and shrive you of a thousand idle _____."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pinch ask of the officer in regards to Antipholus of Ephesus in Act 4, Scene 4?
2. What is the mood of Adriana at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why is Antipholus of Ephesus arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. What does Luciana say to Adriana regarding her mood at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What happened to Egion and his family after a rock broke apart the boat they were riding home on?
6. What happens when Antipholus of Ephesus tries to enter his home in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. What does Adriana command of Dromio of Ephesus in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. Describe the conversation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1.
9. What does Adriana say to the Duke in Act 5, Scene 1?
10. What causes Angelo and Antipholus of Ephesus to argue in Act 4, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of the loss of freedom in the play. Which characters lost their freedom? In what ways does the author give back their freedom? What might freedom represent in terms of the play's theme?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the use of violence in the play. What does violence help to achieve in terms of character development?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the author's use of demonic references in the play. What purpose might these have served?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)