|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the inn Antipholus of Syracuse is staying at in Ephesus?
2. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
4. Where does Egeon tell the Duke he is from?
5. Who does Antipholus of Ephesus complain is shrewish at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Egion and his family on their journey home to Syracuse, according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How does Antipholus of Syracuse react after Dromio of Syracuse denies having had a conversation with him regarding him money in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Dromio of Ephesus tell Adriana and Luciana when he returns home in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Luciana say to Adriana regarding her mood at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What causes Angelo and Antipholus of Ephesus to argue in Act 4, Scene 1?
6. Describe the conversation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1.
7. What is the nature of the conversation between the Abbess and Adriana in Act 5, Scene 1?
8. What is the nature of Adriana and Luciana's conversation at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
9. How does Dromio of Syracuse enter Antipholus of Ephesus' home in Act 4, Scene 2 and why does he enter this way?
10. How does Luciana react after Antipholus of Syracuse professes his feelings towards her in Act 3, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the use of violence in the play. What does violence help to achieve in terms of character development?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role Egeon's story at the beginning of the play had in the play as a whole. What impact does it have on the outcome of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of Adriana and Luciana's relationship in the play. How does their relationship differ from the other siblings' in the play?
This section contains 1,093 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)