|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. During their conversation in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Balthazar tell Antipholus of Ephesus he is more pleased with than the prospect of food?
3. Finish the sentence: "You're sad, Signior Balthazar: pray God our cheer may answer my good will and your good welcome ____."
4. What is the name of the servant who banters with Antipholus of Ephesus and his men who are still stuck outside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Finish the sentence: "Time is their master, and, when they see time, they'll go or come: if so, be patient, ______."
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse discuss in regards to Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
2. Why is Antipholus of Syracuse perplexed at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Antipholus of Ephesus say in protest to his arrest in Act 4, Scene 4?
4. What does Luciana say to Adriana regarding her mood at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Adriana say to the Duke in Act 5, Scene 1?
6. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the end of Act 3, Scene 2.
7. How does Luciana describe Antipholus' advances to her in Act 4, Scene 2?
8. Describe the conversation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1.
9. How does Luciana react after Antipholus of Syracuse professes his feelings towards her in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. What does Dromio of Ephesus tell Adriana and Luciana when he returns home in Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the use of puns and wordplay in the play. What purpose did the author have for using them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dromio's role as the clown figure in the play. What characteristics does he possess that put him in this category? What purpose does he serve by portraying this role?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of temper in the play. What is the author trying to say about the importance of controlling one's temper?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)