|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Ay, ay, he told his mind upon mine ear: Beshrew his hand, I scarce could understand it"?
2. Who says, "Ere I learn love, I'll practise to obey"?
3. With whom does Antipholus of Ephesus tell his friends they will meet for dinner at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who is described as "horn-mad"?
5. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Adriana react after learning that her husband made advances on her sister?
2. Where and why does Antipholus of Syracuse go after Dromio of Ephesus at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How does the Courtesan first act when she approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. Why do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse decide to go home with Adriana at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Adriana tell Luciana she fears at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What is the nature of the conversation between the Abbess and Adriana in Act 5, Scene 1?
7. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus instruct Dromio of Ephesus to buy near the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
8. Describe the exchange between Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3 just after Dromio has left the home of Antipholus of Ephesus.
9. What does Luciana lecture Antipholus of Syracuse about at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
10. What do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse discuss in regards to Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the nature of the relationship between the Antipholus and Dromio characters in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of gold to the characters in the play. What does gold represent to them?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the significance that Ephesian law played in the play. In what ways does it add to the amount of confusion between the characters in the play?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)