|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did Egeon say the boat was that rescued his wife and one of his sons?
2. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
3. Who says, "Fie, brother! how the world is changed with you!"?
4. What does Adriana tell Dromio of Ephesus to do after he has told his story in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who is described as "horn-mad"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Ephesus say in protest to his arrest in Act 4, Scene 4?
2. Why does Antipholus of Ephesus beat Dromio of Ephesus in Act 4, Scene 4?
3. What does Dromio of Ephesus say he needs his master for in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Dromio of Ephesus tell Adriana and Luciana when he returns home in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Describe the exchange between Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3 just after Dromio has left the home of Antipholus of Ephesus.
6. What happens when Antipholus of Ephesus tries to enter his home in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. How does Antipholus of Syracuse tell Luciana he feels about her?
8. How does Luciana react after Antipholus of Syracuse professes his feelings towards her in Act 3, Scene 2?
9. What does Adriana tell Luciana she fears at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
10. How does Adriana react after learning that her husband made advances on her sister?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the author's use of demonic references in the play. What purpose might these have served?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of loss in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of the Abbess in the play. What does she represent in societal terms?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)