|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dormio of Syracuse and the female servant mistake Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends for near the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Finish the sentence: "Be it my wrong you are from me exempt, but wrong not that wrong with a more _______."
3. Who is the first to tell Antipholus of Ephesus and his men that they cannot enter the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
5. What does Luciana say Antipholus of Ephesus' is "the bridle" of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the end of Act 3, Scene 2.
2. How does Dromio of Syracuse describe the woman who has claimed him?
3. What does the Duke say to Egion just before allowing him to plead his case in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Dromio of Ephesus say he needs his master for in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What causes Angelo and Antipholus of Ephesus to argue in Act 4, Scene 1?
6. Describe the interaction between Angelo and the Second Merchant at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1.
7. How does Antipholus of Syracuse react towards the Courtesan in Act 4, Scene 3?
8. What is the nature of Adriana and Luciana's conversation at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
9. How does Dromio of Ephesus respond to Antipholus of Syracuse's anger towards him in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. How does Adriana react when Dromio of Syracuse asks for bail money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of the Duke in the play. What might the author hope for his character to represent in terms of society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the use of puns and wordplay in the play. What purpose did the author have for using them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of loss in the play.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)