|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
2. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
3. Who says, "Fie, how impatience loureth in your face!"?
4. What is the name of the establishment that Antipholus of Ephesus decides to take his friends to for dinner?
5. Who says, "Ay, ay, he told his mind upon mine ear: Beshrew his hand, I scarce could understand it"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Egion's son leave home at 18?
2. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the end of Act 3, Scene 2.
3. What does Pinch ask of the officer in regards to Antipholus of Ephesus in Act 4, Scene 4?
4. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus ask of Angelo at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What is the nature of the conversation between the Abbess and Adriana in Act 5, Scene 1?
6. Why is Antipholus of Syracuse perplexed at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
7. What is the nature of Dromio of Ephesus and Antipholus of Ephesus' discussion at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
8. What does Adriana tell Luciana she fears at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
9. What happens when Antipholus of Ephesus tries to enter his home in Act 3, Scene 1?
10. Why does Egion tell the Duke he decided to go after his son after he left home?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance that Ephesian law played in the play. In what ways does it add to the amount of confusion between the characters in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of temper in the play. What is the author trying to say about the importance of controlling one's temper?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the nature of Adriana and Luciana's relationship in the play. How does their relationship differ from the other siblings' in the play?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)