|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
2. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
3. Who says, "Ay, to a niggardly host, and more sparing guest: but though my cates be mean, take them in good part"?
4. Who is the first to tell Antipholus of Ephesus and his men that they cannot enter the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus ask of Angelo at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Why does Egion's son leave home at 18?
3. Describe the interaction between Angelo and the Second Merchant at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1.
4. How do the women react to Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse's strange behavior at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How does Luciana describe Antipholus' advances to her in Act 4, Scene 2?
6. What happened to Egion and his family after a rock broke apart the boat they were riding home on?
7. What does Adriana say to the Duke in Act 5, Scene 1?
8. Why is Antipholus of Syracuse perplexed at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
9. Why does Antipholus of Ephesus beat Dromio of Ephesus in Act 4, Scene 4?
10. What does Dromio of Ephesus tell Adriana and Luciana when he returns home in Act 2, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dromio's role as the clown figure in the play. What characteristics does he possess that put him in this category? What purpose does he serve by portraying this role?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of loss in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of gold to the characters in the play. What does gold represent to them?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)