|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
2. What is the name of the inn Antipholus of Syracuse is staying at in Ephesus?
3. Who does Antipholus of Syracuse call a "villain" in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
5. Finish the sentence: "But your reason was not substantial, why there is no time to _____."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Ephesus tell his friends he will do to get back at his wife for locking him out of the house at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
2. How does Luciana describe Antipholus' advances to her in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse's conversation at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why does Egion's son leave home at 18?
5. What does Antipholus of Ephesus say in protest to his arrest in Act 4, Scene 4?
6. How does Antipholus of Syracuse react towards the Courtesan in Act 4, Scene 3?
7. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus instruct Dromio of Ephesus to buy near the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
8. What do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse discuss in regards to Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
9. Where and why does Antipholus of Syracuse go after Dromio of Ephesus at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
10. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the end of Act 3, Scene 2.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the portrayal of loss in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of the Duke in the play. What might the author hope for his character to represent in terms of society?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the author's incorporating comical characters and serious characters in the same scene. What might this be saying about the tone of the play?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)