|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) A palace hall.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse's house.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(d) A market.
2. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(a) A chain.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A book.
3. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Sell some jewelry.
(b) Wander the city.
(c) Find some food.
(d) Visit a friend.
4. Finish the sentence: "Husband, I'll dine above with you to-day and shrive you of a thousand idle _____."
5. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) The Second Merchant.
(c) The First Merchant.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose mood does Antipholus of Ephesus try and improve upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Who says, "I did not see you since you sent me hence, home to the Centaur, with the gold you gave me"?
3. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
4. What does Adriana tell Dromio of Ephesus she will do if he disobeys her near the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is the name of Egeon's long lost wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Ephesus say in protest to his arrest in Act 4, Scene 4?
2. What does Luciana say to Adriana regarding her mood at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What does Adriana tell Luciana she fears at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is the nature of the conversation between the Abbess and Adriana in Act 5, Scene 1?
5. How does Dromio of Syracuse describe the woman who has claimed him?
6. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the end of Act 3, Scene 2.
7. What do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse discuss in regards to Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
8. What happened to Egion and his family after a rock broke apart the boat they were riding home on?
9. How does Adriana react when Dromio of Syracuse asks for bail money?
10. What is the nature of Dromio of Ephesus and Antipholus of Ephesus' discussion at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)