|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Antipholus of Ephesus tell his friends they will meet for dinner at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Second Merchant.
(b) A Courtesan.
(d) The FIrst Merchant.
2. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
(a) Went underboard.
(b) Hid under the life rafts.
(c) Tied themselves to the mast.
(d) Offer money.
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The Porpentine.
(b) The Tiger.
(c) A market.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
4. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 500 pounds of silver.
(b) 200 marks of bronze.
(c) 1,000 marks of gold.
(d) 300 pounds of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the establishment that Balthazar suggests Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends go to for dinner?
2. Who interrupts the conversation between Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "But your reason was not substantial, why there is no time to _____."
4. Where does Egeon tell the Duke he is from?
5. Who says, "I did not see you since you sent me hence, home to the Centaur, with the gold you gave me"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mood of Adriana at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Why do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse decide to go home with Adriana at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Antipholus of Ephesus tell his friends he will do to get back at his wife for locking him out of the house at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What happened to Egion and his family after a rock broke apart the boat they were riding home on?
5. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse's conversation at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What does Adriana tell Luciana she fears at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Why does Antipholus of Ephesus beat Dromio of Ephesus in Act 4, Scene 4?
8. What is the nature of the discussion between Antipholus of Ephesus and Balthazar in Act 3, Scene 1?
9. What excuse does Luciana give Adriana regarding her husband's tardiness in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. Why is Antipholus of Ephesus arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)