|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A goldsmith.
(b) A tavern owner.
(c) A jeweler.
(d) A merchant.
2. Finish the sentence: "Be it my wrong you are from me exempt, but wrong not that wrong with a more _______."
3. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse's house.
(c) A palace hall.
(d) A market.
4. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
5. Finish the sentence: "Time is their master, and, when they see time, they'll go or come: if so, be patient, ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
3. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who says, "Ay, ay, he told his mind upon mine ear: Beshrew his hand, I scarce could understand it"?
5. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus instruct Dromio of Ephesus to buy near the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Describe the conversation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1.
3. Why does Egion tell the Duke he decided to go after his son after he left home?
4. What is the nature of the discussion between Antipholus of Syracuse and the First Merchant at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is the nature of Adriana and Luciana's conversation at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
6. How does Dromio of Syracuse describe the woman who has claimed him?
7. What does the Courtesan wonder aloud about at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
8. How does Adriana react after learning that her husband made advances on her sister?
9. Why is Antipholus of Syracuse perplexed at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
10. Why is Antipholus of Ephesus arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)