|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks, "Why should their liberty than ours be more"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
2. What is the name of the establishment that Balthazar suggests Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends go to for dinner?
(a) The Tiger.
(b) The Porpentine.
(c) The Blue Monkey.
(d) The Centaur.
3. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Visit a friend.
(b) Find some food.
(c) Wander the city.
(d) Sell some jewelry.
4. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) The First Merchant.
(d) The Second Merchant.
5. Where do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse go at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The palace.
(b) The Centaur.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus' home.
(d) The Tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "The plainer dealer, the sooner lost: yet he loseth it in a kind of jollity"?
2. Who says, "Ay, ay, he told his mind upon mine ear: Beshrew his hand, I scarce could understand it"?
3. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Who is the first to enter the scene during Adriana and Luciana's conversation at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Antipholus of Syracuse perplexed at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. How does Dromio of Syracuse enter Antipholus of Ephesus' home in Act 4, Scene 2 and why does he enter this way?
3. What does Adriana say to the Duke in Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Describe the conversation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1.
5. What does Adriana tell Luciana she fears at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
6. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse to an inn in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What happened to Egion and his family after a rock broke apart the boat they were riding home on?
8. Describe the interaction between Angelo and the Second Merchant at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1.
9. What does the Duke say to Egion just before allowing him to plead his case in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. What does Dromio of Ephesus say he needs his master for in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)