|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
(a) Africa and Asia.
(b) Africa and Italy.
(c) Greece and Asia.
(d) Greece and France.
2. What is the name of the establishment that Balthazar suggests Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends go to for dinner?
(a) The Centaur.
(b) The Porpentine.
(c) The Blue Monkey.
(d) The Tiger.
3. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
(a) Egeon's son being lost.
(b) Egeon's execution.
(c) Egeon's ransom amount.
(d) Egeon's misfortune in losing his family.
4. At whose shop does Antipholus of Ephesus plan to tell his wife he was at, which caused him to be late for dinner?
(a) The merchant's.
(d) The Courtesan's.
5. Who says, "Thus I mend it: Time himself is bald and therefore to the world's end will have bald followers"?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
2. Who is the first character to enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. During their conversation in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Balthazar tell Antipholus of Ephesus he is more pleased with than the prospect of food?
4. Finish the sentence: "Be it my wrong you are from me exempt, but wrong not that wrong with a more _______."
5. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1.
2. What excuse does Luciana give Adriana regarding her husband's tardiness in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why is Antipholus of Ephesus arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
4. Why is Antipholus of Syracuse perplexed at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse become angry with Dromio of Ephesus in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. What does Dromio of Ephesus tell Adriana and Luciana when he returns home in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. What does the Duke say to Egion just before allowing him to plead his case in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. How does Dromio of Syracuse enter Antipholus of Ephesus' home in Act 4, Scene 2 and why does he enter this way?
9. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus instruct Dromio of Ephesus to buy near the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
10. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the end of Act 3, Scene 2.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)