|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
(a) Work for it.
(d) Beg and borrow.
2. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) The First Merchant.
(c) The Second Merchant.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus.
3. What is the name of Antipholus of Ephesus' wife?
4. Finish the sentence: "Say that I linger'd with you at your shop to see the making of her ______."
5. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase of Antipholus' does Dromio of Ephesus continue to quote for Adriana and Luciana in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse do to Dromio of Ephesus after he begins talking about Antipholus' wife in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Where do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse go at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "Time is their master, and, when they see time, they'll go or come: if so, be patient, ______."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Ephesus say in protest to his arrest in Act 4, Scene 4?
2. How does Antipholus of Syracuse tell Luciana he feels about her?
3. How does Adriana react after learning that her husband made advances on her sister?
4. What does Antipholus of Ephesus send Dromio of Syracuse to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
5. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Adriana's conversation at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
6. What is the nature of the discussion between Antipholus of Syracuse and the First Merchant at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What does Adriana command of Dromio of Ephesus in Act 2, Scene 1?
8. Why does Egion tell the Duke he decided to go after his son after he left home?
9. How does Luciana describe Antipholus' advances to her in Act 4, Scene 2?
10. What does the Duke say to Egion just before allowing him to plead his case in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)