|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I did not see you since you sent me hence, home to the Centaur, with the gold you gave me"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
2. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) The mart.
(b) The palace.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse's home.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus' home.
3. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dinner with a friend.
(b) Dinner with his wife.
(c) A meeting.
4. Finish the sentence: "Say that I linger'd with you at your shop to see the making of her ______."
5. What does Antipholus of Syracuse do to Dromio of Ephesus after he begins talking about Antipholus' wife in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Beats him.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Makes fun of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
2. Who says, "Ay, ay, he told his mind upon mine ear: Beshrew his hand, I scarce could understand it"?
3. Finish the sentence: "You're sad, Signior Balthazar: pray God our cheer may answer my good will and your good welcome ____."
4. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "But your reason was not substantial, why there is no time to _____."
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the discussion between Antipholus of Syracuse and the First Merchant at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse's conversation at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse to an inn in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Adriana's conversation at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What does Adriana say to the Duke in Act 5, Scene 1?
6. How does Antipholus of Syracuse react after Dromio of Syracuse denies having had a conversation with him regarding him money in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Why does Egion tell the Duke he decided to go after his son after he left home?
8. Why is Antipholus of Syracuse perplexed at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What does Pinch ask of the officer in regards to Antipholus of Ephesus in Act 4, Scene 4?
10. Describe the interaction between Angelo and the Second Merchant at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)