|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "You're sad, Signior Balthazar: pray God our cheer may answer my good will and your good welcome ____."
2. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
(a) The Duke's officer.
(b) The Duke.
3. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 500 pounds of silver.
(b) 200 marks of bronze.
(c) 300 pounds of gold.
(d) 1,000 marks of gold.
4. Who interrupts the conversation between Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Luciana and Luce.
(b) Adriana and Luciana.
(c) Luciana and Angelo.
(d) Adriana and Luce.
5. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
(a) A ring.
(b) Some papers.
(d) A chain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Fie, how impatience loureth in your face!"?
2. Finish the sentence: "Say that I linger'd with you at your shop to see the making of her ______."
3. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
4. Finish the sentence: "But your reason was not substantial, why there is no time to _____."
5. Finish the sentence: "And he will bless that cross with other beating: between you I shall have a holy _____."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Courtesan wonder aloud about at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus ask of Angelo at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Why do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse decide to go home with Adriana at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Describe the exchange between Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3 just after Dromio has left the home of Antipholus of Ephesus.
5. What excuse does Luciana give Adriana regarding her husband's tardiness in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What happens when Egion claims Antipholus of Ephesus is his son near the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
7. Why does Egion tell the Duke he decided to go after his son after he left home?
8. What does Luciana lecture Antipholus of Syracuse about at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
9. What does Dromio of Ephesus tell Adriana and Luciana when he returns home in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. How does Luce treat Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)