|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Ere I learn love, I'll practise to obey"?
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
2. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(b) A book.
(c) A chain.
(d) A mirror.
3. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse's house.
(b) A market.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(d) A palace hall.
4. During their conversation in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Balthazar tell Antipholus of Ephesus he is more pleased with than the prospect of food?
(a) The company of women.
(b) Good conversation.
(c) Antipholus' welcome.
(d) His money.
5. Who says, "Thus I mend it: Time himself is bald and therefore to the world's end will have bald followers"?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(b) Dromio of Ephesus.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
2. Whose mood does Antipholus of Ephesus try and improve upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
4. What is the name of the establishment that Balthazar suggests Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends go to for dinner?
5. What does Luciana say Antipholus of Ephesus' is "the bridle" of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1.
2. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Adriana's conversation at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What excuse does Luciana give Adriana regarding her husband's tardiness in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is the nature of Adriana and Antipholus of Syracuse's conversation in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What does Dromio of Ephesus say he needs his master for in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. Describe the interaction between Angelo and the Second Merchant at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1.
7. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus ask of Angelo at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
8. What is the nature of Adriana and Luciana's conversation at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
9. How does Antipholus of Syracuse tell Luciana he feels about her?
10. What do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse discuss in regards to Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)