|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "You're sad, Signior Balthazar: pray God our cheer may answer my good will and your good welcome ____."
2. Who says, "Fie, how impatience loureth in your face!"?
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
3. What does Adriana tell Dromio of Ephesus to do after he has told his story in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Bring Antipholus home.
(b) Go to the market.
(c) Go to the palace.
(d) Go to the jail.
4. Who is the first character to enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
5. Where do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse go at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The palace.
(b) The Tiger.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus' home.
(d) The Centaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Be it my wrong you are from me exempt, but wrong not that wrong with a more _______."
2. Who asks, "Why should their liberty than ours be more"?
3. Who says, "Fie, brother! how the world is changed with you!"?
4. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
5. Who is described as "horn-mad"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dromio of Ephesus tell Adriana and Luciana when he returns home in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is the mood of Adriana at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How does Antipholus of Syracuse react towards the Courtesan in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. What is the nature of Adriana and Luciana's conversation at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the end of Act 3, Scene 2.
6. How does Luce treat Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends in Act 3, Scene 1?
7. What is the nature of the discussion between Antipholus of Ephesus and Balthazar in Act 3, Scene 1?
8. What does Dromio of Ephesus say he needs his master for in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What is the nature of the discussion between Antipholus of Syracuse and the First Merchant at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus ask of Angelo at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)