|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At whose shop does Antipholus of Ephesus plan to tell his wife he was at, which caused him to be late for dinner?
(b) The Courtesan's.
(c) The merchant's.
2. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(b) The Tiger.
(c) The Porpentine.
(d) The Centaur.
3. Finish the sentence: "Say that I linger'd with you at your shop to see the making of her ______."
4. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
(a) Egeon's misfortune in losing his family.
(b) Egeon's son being lost.
(c) Egeon's ransom amount.
(d) Egeon's execution.
5. Finish the sentence: "Time is their master, and, when they see time, they'll go or come: if so, be patient, ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
2. Finish the sentence: "The beasts, the fishes, and the winged fowls, are their males' subjects and at their _______."
3. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
4. Who calls out to Antipholus of Ephesus' servants to let them inside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Luciana tell Adriana that jealousy has caused her to become at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Courtesan wonder aloud about at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What happened to Egion and his family on their journey home to Syracuse, according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Why does Egion tell the Duke he decided to go after his son after he left home?
4. What is the nature of Dromio of Ephesus and Antipholus of Ephesus' discussion at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What is the nature of the discussion between Antipholus of Syracuse and the First Merchant at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
6. What does the Duke say to Egion just before allowing him to plead his case in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What does Dromio of Ephesus say he needs his master for in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. How do the women react to Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse's strange behavior at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
9. How does the Courtesan first act when she approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3?
10. Why does Egion's son leave home at 18?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)