|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
(a) Work for it.
(d) Beg and borrow.
2. What is the name of the servant who banters with Antipholus of Ephesus and his men who are still stuck outside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does Antipholus of Syracuse do to Dromio of Ephesus after he begins talking about Antipholus' wife in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Laughs at him.
(c) Beats him.
(d) Makes fun of him.
4. At the end of Act 3, Scene 1, what does Antipholus of Ephesus ask Angelo to get for him to give to another woman in order to spite his wife?
(a) A rope.
(b) A crown.
(c) A chain.
(d) A ring.
5. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 500 pounds of silver.
(b) 1,000 marks of gold.
(c) 200 marks of bronze.
(d) 300 pounds of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his speech at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, where does Antipholus of Syracuse say Dromio told him his house was located?
2. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who says, "Ere I learn love, I'll practise to obey"?
5. Who says, "Ay, ay, he told his mind upon mine ear: Beshrew his hand, I scarce could understand it"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Ephesus send Dromio of Syracuse to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Why is Antipholus of Ephesus arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. How do the women react to Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse's strange behavior at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Adriana command of Dromio of Ephesus in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse's discussion near the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
6. What does Adriana say to the Duke in Act 5, Scene 1?
7. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1.
8. What happened to Egion and his family on their journey home to Syracuse, according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. How does Luciana react after Antipholus of Syracuse professes his feelings towards her in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. How does Adriana react after learning that her husband made advances on her sister?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)