|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Syracuse do to Dromio of Ephesus after he begins talking about Antipholus' wife in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Yells at him.
(c) Makes fun of him.
(d) Beats him.
2. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
(a) Greece and Asia.
(b) Greece and France.
(c) Africa and Asia.
(d) Africa and Italy.
3. Finish the sentence: "Husband, I'll dine above with you to-day and shrive you of a thousand idle _____."
4. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
5. Who says, "Say what you will, sir, but I know what I know; that you beat me at the mart, I have your hand to show"?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls out to Antipholus of Ephesus' servants to let them inside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Who says, "I did not see you since you sent me hence, home to the Centaur, with the gold you gave me"?
3. Who says, "Fie, brother! how the world is changed with you!"?
4. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
5. Who does Antipholus of Ephesus complain is shrewish at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Antipholus of Ephesus tries to enter his home in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. How does Antipholus of Syracuse react after Dromio of Syracuse denies having had a conversation with him regarding him money in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What happened to Egion and his family on their journey home to Syracuse, according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus ask of Angelo at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse discuss in regards to Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
6. What does Adriana command of Dromio of Ephesus in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Why is Antipholus of Ephesus arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
8. How does Luciana describe Antipholus' advances to her in Act 4, Scene 2?
9. How does the Courtesan first act when she approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3?
10. What does Dromio of Ephesus say he needs his master for in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)