|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(b) A chain.
(c) A book.
(d) A mirror.
2. Finish the sentence: "Be it my wrong you are from me exempt, but wrong not that wrong with a more _______."
3. Who says, "Ay, to a niggardly host, and more sparing guest: but though my cates be mean, take them in good part"?
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
4. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Wander the city.
(b) Find some food.
(c) Visit a friend.
(d) Sell some jewelry.
5. Finish the sentence: "Ay, ay, Antipholus, look strange and frown: some other mistress hath thy sweet _____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to tell Antipholus of Ephesus and his men that they cannot enter the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Whose mood does Antipholus of Ephesus try and improve upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Who calls out to Antipholus of Ephesus' servants to let them inside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who does Antipholus of Ephesus complain is shrewish at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Luciana react after Antipholus of Syracuse professes his feelings towards her in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What happened to Egion and his family on their journey home to Syracuse, according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How does Antipholus of Syracuse react towards the Courtesan in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. What does Adriana command of Dromio of Ephesus in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the end of Act 3, Scene 2.
6. Why does Egion's son leave home at 18?
7. How does the Courtesan first act when she approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3?
8. How do the women react to Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse's strange behavior at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
9. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse's discussion near the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
10. Why is Antipholus of Ephesus arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)