|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' home.
(b) The mart.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse's home.
(d) The palace.
2. Who says, "Ay, ay, he told his mind upon mine ear: Beshrew his hand, I scarce could understand it"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
3. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) A palace hall.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse's house.
(c) A market.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
4. Finish the sentence: "Ay, ay, Antipholus, look strange and frown: some other mistress hath thy sweet _____."
5. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Starts bantering with him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Does magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse go at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Finish the sentence: "Say that I linger'd with you at your shop to see the making of her ______."
3. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
4. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
5. Finish the sentence: "Be it my wrong you are from me exempt, but wrong not that wrong with a more _______."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Luciana say to Adriana regarding her mood at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How does Luciana describe Antipholus' advances to her in Act 4, Scene 2?
3. How does Luciana react after Antipholus of Syracuse professes his feelings towards her in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. How does Dromio of Ephesus respond to Antipholus of Syracuse's anger towards him in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Pinch ask of the officer in regards to Antipholus of Ephesus in Act 4, Scene 4?
6. What does the Courtesan wonder aloud about at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
7. Describe the conversation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1.
8. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus ask of Angelo at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
9. Why is Antipholus of Ephesus arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
10. What happens when Egion claims Antipholus of Ephesus is his son near the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)