|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
2. Who says, "Thus I mend it: Time himself is bald and therefore to the world's end will have bald followers"?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
3. What does Luciana say Antipholus of Ephesus' is "the bridle" of?
(c) Good deeds.
4. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse suggest that Dromio must have spoken with Adriana before in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because she looks familiar.
(b) Because she is pretty.
(c) Because she knows his name.
(d) Because she is nice.
5. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dinner with a friend.
(c) Dinner with his wife.
(d) A meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
4. What is the name of the inn Antipholus of Syracuse is staying at in Ephesus?
5. Who says, "The plainer dealer, the sooner lost: yet he loseth it in a kind of jollity"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the discussion between Antipholus of Ephesus and Balthazar in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. How does Adriana react when Dromio of Syracuse asks for bail money?
3. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse become angry with Dromio of Ephesus in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse's conversation at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is the nature of Adriana and Luciana's conversation at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
6. How does the Courtesan first act when she approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3?
7. What is the mood of Adriana at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
8. How does Antipholus of Syracuse react towards the Courtesan in Act 4, Scene 3?
9. What does Dromio of Ephesus tell Adriana and Luciana when he returns home in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. How do the women react to Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse's strange behavior at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)