|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their conversation in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Balthazar tell Antipholus of Ephesus he is more pleased with than the prospect of food?
(a) The company of women.
(b) Good conversation.
(c) His money.
(d) Antipholus' welcome.
2. Finish the sentence: "You're sad, Signior Balthazar: pray God our cheer may answer my good will and your good welcome ____."
3. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(a) A book.
(c) A chain.
(d) A mirror.
4. What is the name of the servant who banters with Antipholus of Ephesus and his men who are still stuck outside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) A meeting.
(c) Dinner with a friend.
(d) Dinner with his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
2. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
3. Finish the sentence: "Ay, ay, Antipholus, look strange and frown: some other mistress hath thy sweet _____."
4. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
5. Finish the sentence: "So that my errand, due unto my tongue, I thank him, I bare home upon my ________."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adriana tell Luciana she fears at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How does Adriana react after learning that her husband made advances on her sister?
3. What does Luciana say to Adriana regarding her mood at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. How does Luciana react after Antipholus of Syracuse professes his feelings towards her in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What excuse does Luciana give Adriana regarding her husband's tardiness in Act 2, Scene 1?
6. What do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse discuss in regards to Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
7. Why does Egion's son leave home at 18?
8. What does the Courtesan wonder aloud about at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
9. What does Antipholus of Ephesus say in protest to his arrest in Act 4, Scene 4?
10. Describe the conversation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)