|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The Centaur.
(b) The palace.
(c) The Tiger.
(d) The house of Antipholus of Ephesus.
2. Finish the sentence: "Husband, I'll dine above with you to-day and shrive you of a thousand idle _____."
3. What is the name of the establishment that Balthazar suggests Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends go to for dinner?
(a) The Tiger.
(b) The Porpentine.
(c) The Centaur.
(d) The Blue Monkey.
4. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To let him go in exchange for his labor.
(b) To let him go into the city and borrow money for his ransom.
(c) To let him go for nothing.
(d) To not make him pay a ransom.
5. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(a) A chain.
(b) A mirror.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse suggest that Dromio must have spoken with Adriana before in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse go at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who says, "Fie, brother! how the world is changed with you!"?
4. Who says, "Ay, ay, he told his mind upon mine ear: Beshrew his hand, I scarce could understand it"?
5. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Egion and his family on their journey home to Syracuse, according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus ask of Angelo at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What does the Courtesan wonder aloud about at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
4. Describe the exchange between Antipholus of Syracuse and Angelo at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1.
5. What is the mood of Adriana at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
6. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse become angry with Dromio of Ephesus in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What and why does Antipholus of Ephesus instruct Dromio of Ephesus to buy near the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
8. How does Dromio of Syracuse describe the woman who has claimed him?
9. What is the nature of Adriana and Antipholus of Syracuse's conversation in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. Why is Antipholus of Ephesus arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)