|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' home.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse's home.
(c) The palace.
(d) The mart.
2. Who says, "The plainer dealer, the sooner lost: yet he loseth it in a kind of jollity"?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
3. What time does Adriana complain it is at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) 2 o'clock.
(c) 5 o'clock.
(d) 1 o'clock.
4. At whose shop does Antipholus of Ephesus plan to tell his wife he was at, which caused him to be late for dinner?
(a) The Courtesan's.
(b) The merchant's.
5. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
(a) The Duke's officer.
(c) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Dromio of Syracuse to "bid the servants spread for dinner"?
2. Who says, "Fie, brother! how the world is changed with you!"?
3. With whom does Antipholus of Ephesus tell his friends they will meet for dinner at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who says, "I did not see you since you sent me hence, home to the Centaur, with the gold you gave me"?
5. Who asks, "Why should their liberty than ours be more"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the women react to Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse's strange behavior at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Why is Antipholus of Syracuse perplexed at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Pinch ask of the officer in regards to Antipholus of Ephesus in Act 4, Scene 4?
4. How does Adriana react when Dromio of Syracuse asks for bail money?
5. How does Dromio of Syracuse enter Antipholus of Ephesus' home in Act 4, Scene 2 and why does he enter this way?
6. What does Adriana command of Dromio of Ephesus in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. What causes Angelo and Antipholus of Ephesus to argue in Act 4, Scene 1?
8. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse become angry with Dromio of Ephesus in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. How does Antipholus of Syracuse tell Luciana he feels about her?
10. How does Dromio of Ephesus respond to Antipholus of Syracuse's anger towards him in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)