|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Where do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse go at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Centaur.
(b) The Tiger.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus' home.
(d) The palace.
3. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(a) A book.
(b) A mirror.
(d) A chain.
4. What caused Egeon and his family to become separated according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The ship hit a rock.
(b) The ship struck an iceberg.
(c) A wave knocked them over.
(d) The crew separated them.
5. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(b) The Centaur.
(c) The Tiger.
(d) The Porpentine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
2. Who says, "Thus I mend it: Time himself is bald and therefore to the world's end will have bald followers"?
3. What is the name of the inn Antipholus of Syracuse is staying at in Ephesus?
4. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
5. Who is not waiting with Antipholus of Ephesus at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Egion and his family on their journey home to Syracuse, according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is the nature of Adriana and Antipholus of Syracuse's conversation in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What offer does the Duke make to Egion at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why does Egion tell the Duke he decided to go after his son after he left home?
5. Why is Antipholus of Ephesus arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
6. How do the women react to Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse's strange behavior at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
7. Why does Antipholus of Ephesus beat Dromio of Ephesus in Act 4, Scene 4?
8. What does Antipholus of Ephesus send Dromio of Syracuse to do at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
9. Describe the conversation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1.
10. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse to an inn in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)