|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "They say this town is full of cozenage, as, nimble jugglers that deceive the ____."
2. During their conversation in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Balthazar tell Antipholus of Ephesus he is more pleased with than the prospect of food?
(a) His money.
(b) Good conversation.
(c) Antipholus' welcome.
(d) The company of women.
3. Who does Antipholus of Syracuse call a "villain" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Dromio of Syracuse.
4. Who says, "Ere I learn love, I'll practise to obey"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
5. Where do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse go at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Tiger.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus' home.
(c) The palace.
(d) The Centaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
3. With whom does Antipholus of Ephesus tell his friends they will meet for dinner at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who does Antipholus of Ephesus complain is shrewish at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Angelo and Antipholus of Ephesus to argue in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. What does Adriana command of Dromio of Ephesus in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse to an inn in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Dromio of Ephesus tell Adriana and Luciana when he returns home in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How does Adriana react after learning that her husband made advances on her sister?
6. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse's discussion near the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
7. What does Antipholus of Ephesus say in protest to his arrest in Act 4, Scene 4?
8. Where and why does Antipholus of Syracuse go after Dromio of Ephesus at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
9. Why is Antipholus of Syracuse perplexed at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
10. Why does Egion tell the Duke he decided to go after his son after he left home?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)