|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
(a) A chain.
(b) Some papers.
(d) A ring.
2. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To let him go for nothing.
(b) To not make him pay a ransom.
(c) To let him go in exchange for his labor.
(d) To let him go into the city and borrow money for his ransom.
3. What is the name of the establishment that Antipholus of Ephesus decides to take his friends to for dinner?
(a) The Porpentine.
(b) The Blue Monkey.
(c) The Tiger.
(d) The Centaur.
4. Finish the sentence: "Time is their master, and, when they see time, they'll go or come: if so, be patient, ______."
5. Who is the first character to enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
2. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
3. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
4. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
5. Who is the first to tell Antipholus of Ephesus and his men that they cannot enter the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Egion's son leave home at 18?
2. What happened to Egion and his family after a rock broke apart the boat they were riding home on?
3. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse to an inn in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse decide to go home with Adriana at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Describe the exchange between Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3 just after Dromio has left the home of Antipholus of Ephesus.
6. What is the mood of Adriana at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Describe the interaction between Angelo and the Second Merchant at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1.
8. What is the nature of Dromio of Syracuse and Antipholus of Syracuse's discussion near the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
9. What excuse does Luciana give Adriana regarding her husband's tardiness in Act 2, Scene 1?
10. How does Luce treat Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)