|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "And in the instant that I met with you he had of me a chain: at five o'clock I shall receive the money for the _____."
2. Who is waiting on the street at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse and Angelo.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Ephesus.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus and an officer.
(d) The Second Merchant and Angelo.
3. Finish the sentence: "It was two ere I left him, and now the clock strikes ___."
4. Finish the sentence: "Go home with it and please your wife withal; and soon at supper-time I'll visit you and then receive my money for the ____."
5. Since when does the Second Merchant tell Angelo he has owed him during their conversation in Act 4, Scene 1?
(c) Last year.
(d) Last month.
6. Who says, "As from a bear a man would run for life, so fly I from her that would be my wife"?
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) Dromio of Syracuse.
7. Whose physical attributes are compared to a map of the world in Act 3, Scene 2?
8. Where does Dromio of Syracuse go when he leaves the house at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) To the palace.
(b) To bail out Antipholus.
(c) To the market.
(d) To the port.
9. Which two characters are conversing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Adriana and Dromio of Ephesus.
(b) Adriana and Luce.
(c) Luciana and Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Adriana and Luciana.
10. Which of the following characters does NOT enter the scene after the confrontation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Dromio of Ephesus?
(a) The Courtesan.
(b) A servant.
11. What does the Second Merchant ask from Angelo at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Payment for a sum he owes.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A book.
(d) A ring.
12. Who says, "To yield possession to my holy prayers and to thy state of darkness hie thee straight"?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) The conjuror.
(d) The officer.
13. Who says, "That labour may you save: see where he comes"?
(a) The officer.
(c) The Second Merchant.
(d) The First Merchant.
14. What does Luciana say is the only reason Antipholus married her sister in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her home.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her looks.
15. Who does Antipholus of Syracuse confess his love for in Act 3, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 4, Scene 2 take place?
2. Who says, "Not that Adam that kept the Paradise but that Adam that keeps the prison: he that goes in the calf's skin that was killed for the Prodigal"?
3. What does Antipholus of Syracuse say the Courtesan is after she approaches him in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. Who says, "Besides this present instance of his rage, is a mad tale he told to-day at dinner, of his own doors being shut against his entrance"?
5. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse off in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)