|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Shame hath a bastard fame, well managed; ill d eeds are doubled with an evil word"?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
2. What does Antipholus of Ephesus do when Dromio makes a joke about the bail money?
(a) Screams at the officer.
(b) Beats Dromio.
(c) Yells at Dromio.
3. What is Antipholus of Ephesus hoping to get from Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A ring.
(b) A chain.
(c) A flower.
(d) A dress.
4. From where has Antipholus of Ephesus just come when he approaches Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) The market.
(b) The Courtesan's.
(c) The Centaur.
(d) The Tiger.
5. Which characters are talking with each other at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse and Adriana.
(b) Adriana and Luciana.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse and Luciana.
(d) Luce and Dromio of Syracuse.
6. What does Antipholus of Syracuse offer to do after Angelo gives him the item in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) To go home with him.
(b) To give him a ride.
(c) To dine with him.
(d) To pay him.
7. What is Angelo prepared to give Antipholus of Ephesus when he approaches him in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A flower.
(b) A bill for the chain.
(c) A ring.
(d) Some papers.
8. Finish the sentence: "With what persuasion did he tempt thy ____."
9. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
(b) Dromio of Ephesus.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
10. What does the Courtesan claim Antipholus has taken from her during their discussion in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) A chain.
(c) A ring.
11. What does Antipholus of Ephesus instruct Dromio of Ephesus to purchase before approaching Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A rope's end.
(b) A flower.
(c) A ring.
(d) A chain.
12. Since when does the Second Merchant tell Angelo he has owed him during their conversation in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Last month.
(d) Last year.
13. Who fetches the item that Dromio of Syracuse requests in Act 4, Scene 2?
14. Who says, "Not that Adam that kept the Paradise but that Adam that keeps the prison: he that goes in the calf's skin that was killed for the Prodigal"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus.
15. Finish the sentence: "He gains by death that hath such means to die: let Love, being light, be drowned if she ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angelo tell the Second Merchant he is owed payment for in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. What causes Dormio of Syracuse to express confusion in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Adriana question the officer about after Antipholus of Ephesus is taken off by the conjuror?
4. Who says, "Besides this present instance of his rage, is a mad tale he told to-day at dinner, of his own doors being shut against his entrance"?
5. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse off in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)