|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "And true he swore, though yet forsworn he were"?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
2. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse say he must go at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The Tiger.
(b) The Porpentine.
(c) The Centaur.
(d) The harbor.
3. Finish the sentence: "Marry sir, such claim as you would lay to your horse; and she would have me as a _____."
4. Finish the sentence: "Mightst thou perceive austerely in his eye that he did plead in ____."
5. Finish the sentence: "Ay, sir, the sergeant of the band, he that brings any man to answer it that breaks his ____."
6. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse off to in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The harbor.
(b) The market.
(c) The palace.
(d) The Centaur.
7. Finish the sentence: "It was two ere I left him, and now the clock strikes ___."
8. Who says, "But, sirrah, you shall buy this sport as dear as all the metal in your shop will answer"?
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
(c) The Second Merchant.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus.
9. What does Dromio of Ephesus arrive with to give to Antipholus of Ephesus at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) A chain.
(b) A ring.
(c) The bail money.
(d) A rope's end.
10. What does Luciana say is the only reason Antipholus married her sister in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her home.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her looks.
11. What does Dromio of Syracuse claim has turned itself backwards?
(b) The world.
12. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Angelo NOT bring the item he gives to Antipholus of Syracuse to the restaurant as originally planned?
(a) He misplaced his ride.
(b) He lost the item.
(c) He got caught up with a customer.
(d) The item was unfinished, which made him late.
13. Who fetches the item that Dromio of Syracuse requests in Act 4, Scene 2?
14. Finish the sentence: "Nay, 'tis for me to be patient; I am in ______."
15. What type of "limbo" does Dromio of Syracuse tell Adriana that Antipholus is in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Angelo tell the Second Merchant he is owed payment for in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse leave to go to at the end of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who says, "Shame hath a bastard fame, well managed; ill d eeds are doubled with an evil word"?
4. Whose physical attributes are compared to a map of the world in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Which character wishes to flee Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)