|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dromio of Syracuse tell Antipholus of Ephesus that causes him to think Dromio is mad?
(a) The bail money.
(b) Dinner with the Courtesan.
(c) About his booking their ship to Syracuse.
(d) The chain.
2. Finish the sentence: "Nay, 'tis for me to be patient; I am in ______."
3. What does Antipholus of Ephesus instruct Dromio of Ephesus to purchase before approaching Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A flower.
(b) A chain.
(c) A ring.
(d) A rope's end.
4. Finish the sentence: "Go home with it and please your wife withal; and soon at supper-time I'll visit you and then receive my money for the ____."
5. Who says, "As from a bear a man would run for life, so fly I from her that would be my wife"?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
6. Finish the sentence: "Belike you thought our love would last too long, if it were chain'd together, and therefore came ____."
7. What is Antipholus of Ephesus hoping to get from Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A dress.
(b) A ring.
(c) A chain.
(d) A flower.
8. How does Dromio of Syracuse say he has lost his breath in Act 4, Scene 2?
(c) "By running fast".
(d) "Very carefully".
9. Who is accompanying Angelo and the Second Merchant at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) The Duke.
(b) Dromio of Ephesus.
(c) The Courtesan.
(d) An officer.
10. What does Dromio of Syracuse claim has turned itself backwards?
(c) The world.
11. What does the conjuror offer to do if the officer lets Antipholus go in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) Imprison him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Pay his debt.
(d) Cure him.
12. What does Antipholus of Syracuse ask Dromio of Syracuse about when he runs into him in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) If he has the chain.
(b) If he has found a ship to take them home.
(c) If he has bail money.
(d) If he has a ring.
13. From where has Dromio of Syracuse found a ship in Act 4, Scene 1?
14. Who says, "The fellow is distract, and so am I; and here we wander in illusions: some blessed power deliver us from hence"?
(a) The Second Merchant.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
15. Who is waiting on the street at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus and an officer.
(b) Dromio of Syracuse and Angelo.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) The Second Merchant and Angelo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since when does the Second Merchant tell Angelo he has owed him during their conversation in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. With whom does Adriana say she will speak with to get to the bottom of the confusion surrounding her husband in Act 4, Scene 4?
3. Who says, "And true he swore, though yet forsworn he were"?
4. From where has Antipholus of Ephesus just come when he approaches Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. Finish the sentence: "It was two ere I left him, and now the clock strikes ___."
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)