|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to be threatened with arrest by the officer in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
(b) The Second Merchant.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
2. Whose physical attributes are compared to a map of the world in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Who says, "Call thyself sister, sweet, for I am thee"?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse.
4. What does Luciana say is the only reason Antipholus married her sister in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her looks.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her money.
5. What does Dromio of Syracuse tell the women he has come to the house for in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He needs money to bail out Antipholus.
(b) He needs a necklace.
(c) He needs a horse.
(d) He wants dinner.
6. What does the Courtesan claim Antipholus has taken from her during their discussion in Act 4, Scene 3?
(b) A chain.
(d) A ring.
7. What causes Dormio of Syracuse to express confusion in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) He can't find his belongings.
(b) He discovered a woman at the house had claimed him.
(c) He doesn't know where he is.
(d) He has lost his ring.
8. What is Antipholus of Ephesus hoping to get from Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A dress.
(b) A flower.
(c) A ring.
(d) A chain.
9. Finish the sentence: "Go home with it and please your wife withal; and soon at supper-time I'll visit you and then receive my money for the ____."
10. Who is waiting on the street at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The Second Merchant and Angelo.
(b) Dromio of Syracuse and Angelo.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus and an officer.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Ephesus.
11. Where does the Courtesan decide to go at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(b) The market.
(c) The Centaur.
(d) The palace.
12. Which two characters are conversing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Adriana and Luce.
(b) Luciana and Dromio of Ephesus.
(c) Adriana and Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Adriana and Luciana.
13. Finish the sentence: "Nay, 'tis for me to be patient; I am in ______."
14. Who fetches the item that Dromio of Syracuse requests in Act 4, Scene 2?
15. Who is accompanying Angelo and the Second Merchant at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(b) An officer.
(c) The Courtesan.
(d) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the conjuror introduced in Act 4, Scene 4?
2. What does Dromio of Syracuse claim has turned itself backwards?
3. What does Luciana confess at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. Finish the sentence: "Mightst thou perceive austerely in his eye that he did plead in ____."
5. Who says, "And true he swore, though yet forsworn he were"?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)