|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dromio of Syracuse go when he leaves the house at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) To the palace.
(b) To bail out Antipholus.
(c) To the port.
(d) To the market.
2. Finish the sentence: "Nay, 'tis for me to be patient; I am in ______."
3. Finish the sentence: "With what persuasion did he tempt thy ____."
4. With whom does Adriana say she will speak with to get to the bottom of the confusion surrounding her husband in Act 4, Scene 4?
(b) The Second Merchant.
5. Which of the following characters does NOT enter the scene after the confrontation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Dromio of Ephesus?
(a) A servant.
(c) The Courtesan.
6. What does Luciana say is the only reason Antipholus married her sister in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her looks.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her home.
7. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse off to in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The Centaur.
(b) The palace.
(c) The harbor.
(d) The market.
8. Finish the sentence: "He gains by death that hath such means to die: let Love, being light, be drowned if she ____."
9. Since when does the Second Merchant tell Angelo he has owed him during their conversation in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Last year.
(b) Last month.
10. What does Angelo give to Antipholus of Syracuse when he enters the house in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) A rope.
(b) A ring.
(c) A chain.
(d) A watch.
11. Where does Act 4, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The market.
(b) The palace.
(c) The Tiger.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
12. Who says, "Call thyself sister, sweet, for I am thee"?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse.
13. What does Dromio of Ephesus arrive with to give to Antipholus of Ephesus at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) A chain.
(b) A ring.
(c) The bail money.
(d) A rope's end.
14. To whom does Dromio of Syracuse agree to go to at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
15. What causes Dormio of Syracuse to express confusion in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) He has lost his ring.
(b) He can't find his belongings.
(c) He doesn't know where he is.
(d) He discovered a woman at the house had claimed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "To yield possession to my holy prayers and to thy state of darkness hie thee straight"?
2. Finish the sentence: "Mightst thou perceive austerely in his eye that he did plead in ____."
3. Who says, "And true he swore, though yet forsworn he were"?
4. In what manner does Dromio of Syracuse enter the house in Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What does Adriana question the officer about after Antipholus of Ephesus is taken off by the conjuror?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)