|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Belike you thought our love would last too long, if it were chain'd together, and therefore came ____."
2. Who says, "But, sirrah, you shall buy this sport as dear as all the metal in your shop will answer"?
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) Dromio of Syracuse.
(d) The Second Merchant.
3. Who says, "I cannot, nor I will not, hold me still; my tongue, though not my heart, shall have his will"?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse.
4. What type of "limbo" does Dromio of Syracuse tell Adriana that Antipholus is in?
5. Which characters are talking with each other at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Adriana and Luciana.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse and Adriana.
(c) Luce and Dromio of Syracuse.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse and Luciana.
6. What is the name of the conjuror introduced in Act 4, Scene 4?
7. Where does the Courtesan decide to go at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The Centaur.
(b) The market.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(d) The palace.
8. What does Antipholus of Syracuse offer to do after Angelo gives him the item in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) To dine with him.
(b) To go home with him.
(c) To pay him.
(d) To give him a ride.
9. Finish the sentence: "Go home with it and please your wife withal; and soon at supper-time I'll visit you and then receive my money for the ____."
10. Who says, "That labour may you save: see where he comes"?
(a) The Second Merchant.
(b) The First Merchant.
(c) The officer.
11. Finish the sentence: "Far from her nest the lapwing cries away: my heart prays for him, though my tongue do ______."
12. Who is arrested in Act 4, Scene 1?
(b) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus.
13. What does Dromio of Syracuse have with him when he runs into Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The bail money.
(b) A chain.
(c) A rope's end.
(d) A ring.
14. Which of the following characters does NOT enter the scene after the confrontation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Dromio of Ephesus?
(c) A servant.
(d) The Courtesan.
15. Where does the Second Merchant tell Angelo he is about to travel to during their conversation in Act 4, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what manner does Dromio of Syracuse enter the house in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. Whose physical attributes are compared to a map of the world in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse off in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Where does Dromio of Syracuse go when he leaves the house at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. Which two characters are conversing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)