|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Call thyself sister, sweet, for I am thee"?
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse.
2. What does Antipholus of Ephesus do when Dromio makes a joke about the bail money?
(a) Yells at Dromio.
(c) Screams at the officer.
(d) Beats Dromio.
3. Finish the sentence: "Nay, 'tis for me to be patient; I am in ______."
4. Who says, "That labour may you save: see where he comes"?
(b) The First Merchant.
(c) The Second Merchant.
(d) The officer.
5. What does Antipholus of Syracuse say the Courtesan is after she approaches him in Act 4, Scene 3?
(b) A lamb.
(c) An angel.
6. With whom does Adriana say she will speak with to get to the bottom of the confusion surrounding her husband in Act 4, Scene 4?
(c) The Second Merchant.
7. Who says, "Shame hath a bastard fame, well managed; ill d eeds are doubled with an evil word"?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
8. Finish the sentence: "Go home with it and please your wife withal; and soon at supper-time I'll visit you and then receive my money for the ____."
9. What does the Second Merchant ask from Angelo at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) Payment for a sum he owes.
(b) A book.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
10. What type of "limbo" does Dromio of Syracuse tell Adriana that Antipholus is in?
11. Who says, "I cannot, nor I will not, hold me still; my tongue, though not my heart, shall have his will"?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse.
12. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse say he must go at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The harbor.
(b) The Tiger.
(c) The Centaur.
(d) The Porpentine.
13. Who fetches the item that Dromio of Syracuse requests in Act 4, Scene 2?
14. What does the Courtesan claim Antipholus has taken from her during their discussion in Act 4, Scene 3?
(b) A ring.
(c) A chain.
15. What causes Dormio of Syracuse to express confusion in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) He discovered a woman at the house had claimed him.
(b) He can't find his belongings.
(c) He has lost his ring.
(d) He doesn't know where he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Syracuse ask Dromio of Syracuse about when he runs into him in Act 4, Scene 3?
2. What is Antipholus of Ephesus hoping to get from Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1?
3. What does Dromio of Syracuse tell the women he has come to the house for in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What does Antipholus of Syracuse say he wants Luciana to teach him?
5. What does Dromio of Syracuse claim has turned itself backwards?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)