|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Marry sir, such claim as you would lay to your horse; and she would have me as a _____."
2. What does the Courtesan claim Antipholus has taken from her during their discussion in Act 4, Scene 3?
(b) A ring.
(d) A chain.
3. What causes Dormio of Syracuse to express confusion in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) He discovered a woman at the house had claimed him.
(b) He has lost his ring.
(c) He doesn't know where he is.
(d) He can't find his belongings.
4. What does Dromio of Syracuse tell the women he has come to the house for in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) He needs money to bail out Antipholus.
(b) He needs a necklace.
(c) He needs a horse.
(d) He wants dinner.
5. What does the Courtesan question Antipholus of Syracuse about when she first sees him in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) The bail money.
(b) The rope's end.
(c) The ring.
(d) The chain.
6. What does Luciana confess at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) That she loves Dromio.
(b) That she loves Antipholus.
(c) That Dromio beat her.
(d) That Antipholus made advances on her.
7. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Angelo NOT bring the item he gives to Antipholus of Syracuse to the restaurant as originally planned?
(a) He lost the item.
(b) He misplaced his ride.
(c) He got caught up with a customer.
(d) The item was unfinished, which made him late.
8. Which characters are talking with each other at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Adriana and Luciana.
(b) Luce and Dromio of Syracuse.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse and Luciana.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse and Adriana.
9. What does Antipholus of Ephesus instruct Dromio of Ephesus to purchase before approaching Angelo in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A rope's end.
(b) A ring.
(c) A flower.
(d) A chain.
10. With whom does Adriana say she will speak with to get to the bottom of the confusion surrounding her husband in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The Second Merchant.
11. What does Antipholus of Syracuse say he wants Luciana to teach him?
(a) How to speak.
(b) How to love.
(c) How to think.
(d) How to think and speak.
12. Which character wishes to flee Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus.
13. Finish the sentence: "He gains by death that hath such means to die: let Love, being light, be drowned if she ____."
14. Who is the first person to be threatened with arrest by the officer in Act 4, Scene 1?
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) The Second Merchant.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
15. How does Dromio of Syracuse say he has lost his breath in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) "Very carefully".
(c) "By running fast".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Antipholus of Syracuse musing about at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3?
2. Finish the sentence: "Nay, 'tis for me to be patient; I am in ______."
3. Who says, "The fellow is distract, and so am I; and here we wander in illusions: some blessed power deliver us from hence"?
4. What does Antipholus of Syracuse ask Dromio of Syracuse about when he runs into him in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. Who says, "Not that Adam that kept the Paradise but that Adam that keeps the prison: he that goes in the calf's skin that was killed for the Prodigal"?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)