|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Second Merchant tell Angelo he is about to travel to during their conversation in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Finish the sentence: "He gains by death that hath such means to die: let Love, being light, be drowned if she ____."
3. Who says, "Shame hath a bastard fame, well managed; ill d eeds are doubled with an evil word"?
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
4. What does Luciana say is the only reason Antipholus married her sister in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her home.
5. With whom does Adriana say she will speak with to get to the bottom of the confusion surrounding her husband in Act 4, Scene 4?
(d) The Second Merchant.
6. In Act 3, Scene 2, why does Angelo NOT bring the item he gives to Antipholus of Syracuse to the restaurant as originally planned?
(a) He got caught up with a customer.
(b) He misplaced his ride.
(c) He lost the item.
(d) The item was unfinished, which made him late.
7. What does Dromio of Syracuse claim has turned itself backwards?
(d) The world.
8. Finish the sentence: "Far from her nest the lapwing cries away: my heart prays for him, though my tongue do ______."
9. Who does Antipholus of Syracuse confess his love for in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. Where does Act 4, Scene 2 take place?
(a) The market.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(c) The Tiger.
(d) The palace.
11. Which characters are talking with each other at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Adriana and Luciana.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse and Adriana.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse and Luciana.
(d) Luce and Dromio of Syracuse.
12. What does Antipholus of Syracuse say he wants Luciana to teach him?
(a) How to love.
(b) How to think and speak.
(c) How to think.
(d) How to speak.
13. What does Adriana question the officer about after Antipholus of Ephesus is taken off by the conjuror?
(a) His infidelity.
(b) The nature of his debt.
(c) His jail sentence.
(d) His possessions.
14. Finish the sentence: "Marry sir, such claim as you would lay to your horse; and she would have me as a _____."
15. Finish the sentence: "And in the instant that I met with you he had of me a chain: at five o'clock I shall receive the money for the _____."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "But, sirrah, you shall buy this sport as dear as all the metal in your shop will answer"?
2. Who says, "Not that Adam that kept the Paradise but that Adam that keeps the prison: he that goes in the calf's skin that was killed for the Prodigal"?
3. In what manner does Dromio of Syracuse enter the house in Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What is the name of the conjuror introduced in Act 4, Scene 4?
5. What does the Courtesan claim Antipholus has taken from her during their discussion in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)