|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angelo tell the Second Merchant he is owed payment for in Act 4, Scene 1?
(a) A ring.
(b) The chain.
(c) A piece of clothing.
(d) A book.
2. What causes Dormio of Syracuse to express confusion in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) He has lost his ring.
(b) He discovered a woman at the house had claimed him.
(c) He can't find his belongings.
(d) He doesn't know where he is.
3. Finish the sentence: "He gains by death that hath such means to die: let Love, being light, be drowned if she ____."
4. Finish the sentence: "Mightst thou perceive austerely in his eye that he did plead in ____."
5. To whom does Dromio of Syracuse agree to go to at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
6. Which character wishes to flee Ephesus at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
7. What does Luciana confess at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) That she loves Dromio.
(b) That she loves Antipholus.
(c) That Antipholus made advances on her.
(d) That Dromio beat her.
8. What type of "limbo" does Dromio of Syracuse tell Adriana that Antipholus is in?
9. Who says, "That labour may you save: see where he comes"?
(a) The Second Merchant.
(b) The First Merchant.
(d) The officer.
10. Finish the sentence: "And in the instant that I met with you he had of me a chain: at five o'clock I shall receive the money for the _____."
11. What does Antipholus of Syracuse say the Courtesan is after she approaches him in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) An angel.
(c) A lamb.
12. Who says, "Call thyself sister, sweet, for I am thee"?
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
13. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse off to in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The harbor.
(b) The market.
(c) The palace.
(d) The Centaur.
14. Where does Dromio of Syracuse go when he leaves the house at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) To the palace.
(b) To bail out Antipholus.
(c) To the market.
(d) To the port.
15. Finish the sentence: "Go home with it and please your wife withal; and soon at supper-time I'll visit you and then receive my money for the ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Angelo prepared to give Antipholus of Ephesus when he approaches him in Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Who says, "Besides this present instance of his rage, is a mad tale he told to-day at dinner, of his own doors being shut against his entrance"?
3. With whom does Adriana say she will speak with to get to the bottom of the confusion surrounding her husband in Act 4, Scene 4?
4. What does Dromio of Syracuse have with him when he runs into Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. Whose physical attributes are compared to a map of the world in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)