|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Ay, sir, the sergeant of the band, he that brings any man to answer it that breaks his ____."
2. Who says, "I cannot, nor I will not, hold me still; my tongue, though not my heart, shall have his will"?
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse.
3. Who does Antipholus of Syracuse confess his love for in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "But, sirrah, you shall buy this sport as dear as all the metal in your shop will answer"?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
(d) The Second Merchant.
5. Finish the sentence: "Far from her nest the lapwing cries away: my heart prays for him, though my tongue do ______."
6. Finish the sentence: "And in the instant that I met with you he had of me a chain: at five o'clock I shall receive the money for the _____."
7. Finish the sentence: "Here's not a man I meet but doth salute me as if I were their well-acquainted friend; and every one doth call me by my _____."
8. What does Antipholus of Ephesus do when Dromio makes a joke about the bail money?
(a) Screams at the officer.
(b) Beats Dromio.
(d) Yells at Dromio.
9. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse say he must go at the end of Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) The Porpentine.
(b) The Centaur.
(c) The Tiger.
(d) The harbor.
10. Who says, "Besides this present instance of his rage, is a mad tale he told to-day at dinner, of his own doors being shut against his entrance"?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
(b) The Courtesan.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
11. What does Luciana confess at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) That she loves Antipholus.
(b) That Antipholus made advances on her.
(c) That Dromio beat her.
(d) That she loves Dromio.
12. Which of the following characters does NOT enter the scene after the confrontation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Dromio of Ephesus?
(c) The Courtesan.
(d) A servant.
13. What does the conjuror offer to do if the officer lets Antipholus go in Act 4, Scene 4?
(a) Pay his debt.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Cure him.
(d) Imprison him.
14. What type of "limbo" does Dromio of Syracuse tell Adriana that Antipholus is in?
15. Where does the Second Merchant tell Angelo he is about to travel to during their conversation in Act 4, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Go home with it and please your wife withal; and soon at supper-time I'll visit you and then receive my money for the ____."
2. What does Dromio of Ephesus arrive with to give to Antipholus of Ephesus at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 4?
3. Where does Dromio of Syracuse go when he leaves the house at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What does Angelo tell the Second Merchant he is owed payment for in Act 4, Scene 1?
5. Who says, "To yield possession to my holy prayers and to thy state of darkness hie thee straight"?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)