|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Say that I linger'd with you at your shop to see the making of her ______."
2. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
3. Who says, "Ere I learn love, I'll practise to obey"?
(b) Dromio of Ephesus.
4. During his speech at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, where does Antipholus of Syracuse say Dromio told him his house was located?
(a) The Centaur.
(b) The Porpentine.
(c) The Phoenix.
(d) The Tiger.
5. Who interrupts the conversation between Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Luciana and Angelo.
(b) Luciana and Luce.
(c) Adriana and Luce.
(d) Adriana and Luciana.
6. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A goldsmith.
(b) A jeweler.
(c) A tavern owner.
(d) A merchant.
7. What is the name of the establishment that Antipholus of Ephesus decides to take his friends to for dinner?
(a) The Centaur.
(b) The Blue Monkey.
(c) The Tiger.
(d) The Porpentine.
8. Finish the sentence: "You're sad, Signior Balthazar: pray God our cheer may answer my good will and your good welcome ____."
9. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
(a) Greece and Asia.
(b) Africa and Asia.
(c) Africa and Italy.
(d) Greece and France.
10. Finish the sentence: "And he will bless that cross with other beating: between you I shall have a holy _____."
11. Who calls out to Antipholus of Ephesus' servants to let them inside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
12. Who says, "Say what you will, sir, but I know what I know; that you beat me at the mart, I have your hand to show"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
13. Finish the sentence: "The gold I gave to Dromio is laid up safe at the Centaur; and the heedful slave is wander'd forth, in care to seek me out by computation and mine host's _____."
14. Who says, "Fie, brother! how the world is changed with you!"?
(c) Dromio of Syracuse.
15. Where does Egeon tell the Duke he is from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
2. Where does Act 3, Scene 1 take place?
3. Who does Antipholus of Syracuse call a "villain" in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Who is the first to enter the scene during Adriana and Luciana's conversation at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)