|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Be it my wrong you are from me exempt, but wrong not that wrong with a more _______."
2. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Dinner with a friend.
(c) A meeting.
(d) Dinner with his wife.
3. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
4. Finish the sentence: "Say that I linger'd with you at your shop to see the making of her ______."
5. Who says, "I did not see you since you sent me hence, home to the Centaur, with the gold you gave me"?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
6. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
(a) A chain.
(b) A ring.
(d) Some papers.
7. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(b) The Porpentine.
(c) A market.
(d) The Tiger.
8. During his speech at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, where does Antipholus of Syracuse say Dromio told him his house was located?
(a) The Tiger.
(b) The Phoenix.
(c) The Centaur.
(d) The Porpentine.
9. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse suggest that Dromio must have spoken with Adriana before in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because she is pretty.
(b) Because she knows his name.
(c) Because she looks familiar.
(d) Because she is nice.
10. Finish the sentence: "So that my errand, due unto my tongue, I thank him, I bare home upon my ________."
11. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To not make him pay a ransom.
(b) To let him go into the city and borrow money for his ransom.
(c) To let him go for nothing.
(d) To let him go in exchange for his labor.
12. Who says, "Ay, to a niggardly host, and more sparing guest: but though my cates be mean, take them in good part"?
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
13. What is the name of Egeon's long lost wife?
14. What time does Adriana complain it is at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) 2 o'clock.
(c) 1 o'clock.
(d) 5 o'clock.
15. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
(b) Dromio of Ephesus.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is the name of the inn Antipholus of Syracuse is staying at in Ephesus?
3. Whose mood does Antipholus of Ephesus try and improve upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is the name of the establishment that Balthazar suggests Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends go to for dinner?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)