|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A tavern owner.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A jeweler.
(d) A goldsmith.
2. Who says, "Ay, to a niggardly host, and more sparing guest: but though my cates be mean, take them in good part"?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
3. Finish the sentence: "But your reason was not substantial, why there is no time to _____."
4. From where did Egeon say the boat was that rescued his wife and one of his sons?
5. What does Luciana say Antipholus of Ephesus' is "the bridle" of?
(a) Good deeds.
6. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife and her sister.
(d) His mother.
7. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 1,000 marks of gold.
(b) 300 pounds of gold.
(c) 200 marks of bronze.
(d) 500 pounds of silver.
8. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
(a) Beg and borrow.
(d) Work for it.
9. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What caused Egeon and his family to become separated according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The ship struck an iceberg.
(b) The crew separated them.
(c) A wave knocked them over.
(d) The ship hit a rock.
11. Finish the sentence: "They say this town is full of cozenage, as, nimble jugglers that deceive the ____."
12. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
13. Who says, "Fie, how impatience loureth in your face!"?
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
14. Who asks, "Why should their liberty than ours be more"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse.
15. What is the name of Antipholus of Ephesus' wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character to enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is the name of the servant who banters with Antipholus of Ephesus and his men who are still stuck outside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What do Dormio of Syracuse and the female servant mistake Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends for near the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)