|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Ay, ay, Antipholus, look strange and frown: some other mistress hath thy sweet _____."
2. Who does Antipholus of Ephesus complain is shrewish at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) His wife.
(b) The Courtesan.
(c) His wife's sister.
(d) His mother.
3. Finish the sentence: "So that my errand, due unto my tongue, I thank him, I bare home upon my ________."
4. Who interrupts the conversation between Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Luciana and Angelo.
(b) Adriana and Luce.
(c) Luciana and Luce.
(d) Adriana and Luciana.
5. Finish the sentence: "Husband, I'll dine above with you to-day and shrive you of a thousand idle _____."
6. During their conversation in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Balthazar tell Antipholus of Ephesus he is more pleased with than the prospect of food?
(a) Antipholus' welcome.
(b) The company of women.
(c) His money.
(d) Good conversation.
7. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) An attack.
(b) They were made to abandon ship by the crew.
(c) The crew had become sick.
(d) Bad weather.
9. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
(a) A chain.
(b) A ring.
(d) Some papers.
10. Whose mood does Antipholus of Ephesus try and improve upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) Dromio of Ephesus'.
11. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
(a) Went underboard.
(b) Tied themselves to the mast.
(c) Offer money.
(d) Hid under the life rafts.
12. From where did Egeon say the boat was that rescued his wife and one of his sons?
13. Who says, "Ay, to a niggardly host, and more sparing guest: but though my cates be mean, take them in good part"?
(b) Dromio of Ephesus.
(c) Dromio of Syracuse.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus.
14. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A jeweler.
(b) A tavern owner.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A goldsmith.
15. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) Dromio of Ephesus.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
2. Where does Egeon tell the Duke he is from?
3. What is the name of the establishment that Antipholus of Ephesus decides to take his friends to for dinner?
4. What does Adriana tell Dromio of Ephesus to do after he has told his story in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)