|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
(a) Offer money.
(b) Tied themselves to the mast.
(c) Went underboard.
(d) Hid under the life rafts.
2. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) A meeting.
(c) Dinner with a friend.
(d) Dinner with his wife.
3. What does Luciana tell Adriana that jealousy has caused her to become at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) A fool.
4. What is the name of Egeon's long lost wife?
5. Where does Egeon tell the Duke he is from?
6. Finish the sentence: "They say this town is full of cozenage, as, nimble jugglers that deceive the ____."
7. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) The First Merchant.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) The Second Merchant.
8. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse suggest that Dromio must have spoken with Adriana before in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because she is nice.
(b) Because she looks familiar.
(c) Because she is pretty.
(d) Because she knows his name.
9. Who is the first to tell Antipholus of Ephesus and his men that they cannot enter the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) Dromio of Syracuse.
10. What caused Egeon and his family to become separated according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A wave knocked them over.
(b) The crew separated them.
(c) The ship struck an iceberg.
(d) The ship hit a rock.
11. Who is described as "horn-mad"?
12. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Starts bantering with him.
(d) Does magic.
13. Where do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse go at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' home.
(b) The Centaur.
(c) The Tiger.
(d) The palace.
14. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A jeweler.
(c) A goldsmith.
(d) A tavern owner.
15. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
(a) Africa and Italy.
(b) Greece and Asia.
(c) Africa and Asia.
(d) Greece and France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts the conversation between Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who calls out to Antipholus of Ephesus' servants to let them inside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
4. What phrase of Antipholus' does Dromio of Ephesus continue to quote for Adriana and Luciana in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who says, "What, wilt thou flout me thus unto my face, being forbid? There, take you that, sir knave"?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)