|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(a) A book.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A chain.
2. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
3. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
(a) The Duke's officer.
(c) The Duke.
4. Who says, "Fie, how impatience loureth in your face!"?
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
5. Finish the sentence: "Ay, ay, Antipholus, look strange and frown: some other mistress hath thy sweet _____."
6. What do Dormio of Syracuse and the female servant mistake Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends for near the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(d) Unruly local boys.
7. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
(a) Africa and Asia.
(b) Greece and Asia.
(c) Greece and France.
(d) Africa and Italy.
8. What does Antipholus of Syracuse do to Dromio of Ephesus after he begins talking about Antipholus' wife in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Beats him.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Makes fun of him.
9. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
(a) A ring.
(b) Some papers.
(d) A chain.
10. Where does Dromio of Syracuse say one should not drop their money in during Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The street.
(b) The river.
(c) The gutter.
(d) The porridge.
11. Who does Antipholus of Syracuse call a "villain" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
12. Finish the sentence: "The gold I gave to Dromio is laid up safe at the Centaur; and the heedful slave is wander'd forth, in care to seek me out by computation and mine host's _____."
13. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
14. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Starts bantering with him.
(d) Does magic.
15. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They were made to abandon ship by the crew.
(b) The crew had become sick.
(c) An attack.
(d) Bad weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to tell Antipholus of Ephesus and his men that they cannot enter the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. Who calls out to Antipholus of Ephesus' servants to let them inside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. What is the name of the establishment that Balthazar suggests Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends go to for dinner?
4. Who says, "Ere I learn love, I'll practise to obey"?
5. Who is the first character to enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)