|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luciana tell Adriana that jealousy has caused her to become at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) A fool.
2. Who says, "Fie, how impatience loureth in your face!"?
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
3. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Starts bantering with him.
(d) Does magic.
4. Who says, "Say what you will, sir, but I know what I know; that you beat me at the mart, I have your hand to show"?
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus.
5. Who does Antipholus of Ephesus complain is shrewish at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) His mother.
(b) The Courtesan.
(c) His wife.
(d) His wife's sister.
6. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 200 marks of bronze.
(b) 500 pounds of silver.
(c) 1,000 marks of gold.
(d) 300 pounds of gold.
7. Who is described as "horn-mad"?
8. Finish the sentence: "So that my errand, due unto my tongue, I thank him, I bare home upon my ________."
9. Who asks, "Why should their liberty than ours be more"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
10. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) A market.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse's house.
(d) A palace hall.
11. Who is not waiting with Antipholus of Ephesus at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
12. What does Adriana tell Dromio of Ephesus to do after he has told his story in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Go to the jail.
(b) Bring Antipholus home.
(c) Go to the palace.
(d) Go to the market.
13. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A meeting.
(c) Dinner with a friend.
(d) Dinner with his wife.
14. Whose mood does Antipholus of Ephesus try and improve upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) Dromio of Ephesus'.
15. Finish the sentence: "The beasts, the fishes, and the winged fowls, are their males' subjects and at their _______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Adriana complain it is at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who says, "Yet this my comfort: when your words are done, my woes end likewise with the evening sun"?
3. What is the name of the establishment that Antipholus of Ephesus decides to take his friends to for dinner?
4. Finish the sentence: "Time is their master, and, when they see time, they'll go or come: if so, be patient, ______."
5. With whom does Antipholus of Ephesus tell his friends they will meet for dinner at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)