|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adriana tell Dromio of Ephesus she will do if he disobeys her near the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Fire him.
(b) Beat him.
(c) Curse him.
(d) Disown him.
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
(b) A ring.
(c) Some papers.
(d) A chain.
3. Finish the sentence: "Ay, ay, Antipholus, look strange and frown: some other mistress hath thy sweet _____."
4. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dinner with a friend.
(b) Dinner with his wife.
(c) A meeting.
5. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife and her sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
6. What is the name of Egeon's long lost wife?
7. What does Antipholus of Syracuse question Dromio of Ephesus about in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The weather.
(b) Where they will go for dinner.
(c) The money he gave him.
(d) If he has found a way home.
8. Who does Antipholus of Syracuse call a "villain" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
9. Who does Antipholus of Ephesus complain is shrewish at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The Courtesan.
(b) His wife.
(c) His wife's sister.
(d) His mother.
10. Who is not waiting with Antipholus of Ephesus at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
11. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
12. Finish the sentence: "The gold I gave to Dromio is laid up safe at the Centaur; and the heedful slave is wander'd forth, in care to seek me out by computation and mine host's _____."
13. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) The Second Merchant.
(d) The First Merchant.
14. What time does Adriana complain it is at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) 2 o'clock.
(b) 5 o'clock.
(d) 1 o'clock.
15. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
(b) The Duke's officer.
(c) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls out to Antipholus of Ephesus' servants to let them inside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
3. What phrase of Antipholus' does Dromio of Ephesus continue to quote for Adriana and Luciana in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. With whom does Antipholus of Ephesus tell his friends they will meet for dinner at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Who runs away in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)