|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the servant who banters with Antipholus of Ephesus and his men who are still stuck outside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
(a) A chain.
(c) A ring.
(d) Some papers.
3. What is the name of the inn Antipholus of Syracuse is staying at in Ephesus?
(a) The River.
(b) The Tiger.
(c) The Centaur.
(d) The Porpentine.
4. What is the name of Egeon's long lost wife?
5. Who says, "Fie, brother! how the world is changed with you!"?
(c) Dromio of Syracuse.
6. During his speech at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, where does Antipholus of Syracuse say Dromio told him his house was located?
(a) The Tiger.
(b) The Porpentine.
(c) The Centaur.
(d) The Phoenix.
7. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A goldsmith.
(b) A jeweler.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A tavern owner.
8. Who does Antipholus of Syracuse call a "villain" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
9. Finish the sentence: "The beasts, the fishes, and the winged fowls, are their males' subjects and at their _______."
10. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 200 marks of bronze.
(b) 1,000 marks of gold.
(c) 500 pounds of silver.
(d) 300 pounds of gold.
11. Finish the sentence: "Time is their master, and, when they see time, they'll go or come: if so, be patient, ______."
12. At the end of Act 3, Scene 1, what does Antipholus of Ephesus ask Angelo to get for him to give to another woman in order to spite his wife?
(a) A rope.
(b) A chain.
(c) A crown.
(d) A ring.
13. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
14. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse suggest that Dromio must have spoken with Adriana before in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because she looks familiar.
(b) Because she is nice.
(c) Because she is pretty.
(d) Because she knows his name.
15. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife and her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to tell Antipholus of Ephesus and his men that they cannot enter the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
3. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. During their conversation in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Balthazar tell Antipholus of Ephesus he is more pleased with than the prospect of food?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)