|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Husband, I'll dine above with you to-day and shrive you of a thousand idle _____."
2. Who interrupts the conversation between Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Luciana and Luce.
(b) Luciana and Angelo.
(c) Adriana and Luciana.
(d) Adriana and Luce.
3. Who says, "Thus I mend it: Time himself is bald and therefore to the world's end will have bald followers"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
4. What is the name of the establishment that Antipholus of Ephesus decides to take his friends to for dinner?
(a) The Blue Monkey.
(b) The Porpentine.
(c) The Centaur.
(d) The Tiger.
5. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse's house.
(b) A market.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(d) A palace hall.
6. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Wander the city.
(b) Visit a friend.
(c) Sell some jewelry.
(d) Find some food.
7. Who tells Dromio of Syracuse to "bid the servants spread for dinner"?
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse.
8. Who is not waiting with Antipholus of Ephesus at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
9. During their conversation in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Balthazar tell Antipholus of Ephesus he is more pleased with than the prospect of food?
(a) His money.
(b) Good conversation.
(c) Antipholus' welcome.
(d) The company of women.
10. Who says, "The plainer dealer, the sooner lost: yet he loseth it in a kind of jollity"?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) Dromio of Syracuse.
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
11. Finish the sentence: "The beasts, the fishes, and the winged fowls, are their males' subjects and at their _______."
12. What do Dormio of Syracuse and the female servant mistake Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends for near the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(d) Unruly local boys.
13. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
(a) Offer money.
(b) Went underboard.
(c) Hid under the life rafts.
(d) Tied themselves to the mast.
14. Who is the first to tell Antipholus of Ephesus and his men that they cannot enter the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) Dromio of Syracuse.
15. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
(b) Beg and borrow.
(c) Work for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Ay, ay, Antipholus, look strange and frown: some other mistress hath thy sweet _____."
2. Who says, "Ay, ay, he told his mind upon mine ear: Beshrew his hand, I scarce could understand it"?
3. Whose mood does Antipholus of Ephesus try and improve upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
5. Finish the sentence: "But your reason was not substantial, why there is no time to _____."
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)