|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "So that my errand, due unto my tongue, I thank him, I bare home upon my ________."
2. Who says, "Ere I learn love, I'll practise to obey"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
3. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' home.
(b) The mart.
(c) The palace.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse's home.
4. What does Antipholus of Syracuse do to Dromio of Ephesus after he begins talking about Antipholus' wife in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Laughs at him.
(b) Makes fun of him.
(c) Beats him.
(d) Yells at him.
5. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
(a) Beg and borrow.
(b) Work for it.
6. What time does Adriana complain it is at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) 5 o'clock.
(b) 2 o'clock.
(d) 1 o'clock.
7. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Wander the city.
(b) Sell some jewelry.
(c) Visit a friend.
(d) Find some food.
8. What does Adriana tell Dromio of Ephesus to do after he has told his story in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Go to the palace.
(b) Go to the market.
(c) Go to the jail.
(d) Bring Antipholus home.
9. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) An attack.
(c) They were made to abandon ship by the crew.
(d) The crew had become sick.
10. Who is the first to tell Antipholus of Ephesus and his men that they cannot enter the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
11. Finish the sentence: "But your reason was not substantial, why there is no time to _____."
12. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
13. Who interrupts the conversation between Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Luciana and Luce.
(b) Adriana and Luciana.
(c) Luciana and Angelo.
(d) Adriana and Luce.
14. What does Antipholus of Syracuse question Dromio of Ephesus about in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The money he gave him.
(b) The weather.
(c) If he has found a way home.
(d) Where they will go for dinner.
15. Who does Antipholus of Syracuse call a "villain" in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Yet this my comfort: when your words are done, my woes end likewise with the evening sun"?
2. What is the name of the servant who banters with Antipholus of Ephesus and his men who are still stuck outside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "They say this town is full of cozenage, as, nimble jugglers that deceive the ____."
4. From where did Egeon say the boat was that rescued his wife and one of his sons?
5. Who says, "Say what you will, sir, but I know what I know; that you beat me at the mart, I have your hand to show"?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)