|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During his speech at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, where does Antipholus of Syracuse say Dromio told him his house was located?
(a) The Phoenix.
(b) The Tiger.
(c) The Porpentine.
(d) The Centaur.
2. Where does Egeon tell the Duke he is from?
3. Who runs away in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) Dromio of Ephesus.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
4. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
(a) His wife and her sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Dinner with a friend.
(c) Dinner with his wife.
(d) A meeting.
6. Who says, "Fie, brother! how the world is changed with you!"?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
7. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Does magic.
(d) Starts bantering with him.
8. Who says, "Fie, how impatience loureth in your face!"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
9. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(b) A market.
(c) The Tiger.
(d) The Porpentine.
10. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
11. Who says, "The plainer dealer, the sooner lost: yet he loseth it in a kind of jollity"?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus.
12. Who says, "Say what you will, sir, but I know what I know; that you beat me at the mart, I have your hand to show"?
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
13. At the end of Act 3, Scene 1, what does Antipholus of Ephesus ask Angelo to get for him to give to another woman in order to spite his wife?
(a) A ring.
(b) A chain.
(c) A crown.
(d) A rope.
14. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
(a) Africa and Asia.
(b) Greece and France.
(c) Greece and Asia.
(d) Africa and Italy.
15. What caused Egeon and his family to become separated according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The crew separated them.
(b) The ship struck an iceberg.
(c) A wave knocked them over.
(d) The ship hit a rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "They say this town is full of cozenage, as, nimble jugglers that deceive the ____."
2. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
3. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
4. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
5. What does Luciana say Antipholus of Ephesus' is "the bridle" of?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)