|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Ere I learn love, I'll practise to obey"?
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
2. Who calls out to Antipholus of Ephesus' servants to let them inside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(c) Dromio of Syracuse.
3. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
(a) Went underboard.
(b) Hid under the life rafts.
(c) Offer money.
(d) Tied themselves to the mast.
4. During their conversation in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Balthazar tell Antipholus of Ephesus he is more pleased with than the prospect of food?
(a) The company of women.
(b) Good conversation.
(c) His money.
(d) Antipholus' welcome.
5. With whom does Antipholus of Ephesus tell his friends they will meet for dinner at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) A Courtesan.
(c) The Second Merchant.
(d) The FIrst Merchant.
6. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
(a) The Tiger.
(b) The Porpentine.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(d) A market.
7. Who is described as "horn-mad"?
8. Finish the sentence: "Ay, ay, Antipholus, look strange and frown: some other mistress hath thy sweet _____."
9. Whose mood does Antipholus of Ephesus try and improve upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) Dromio of Ephesus'.
10. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
(a) In a week.
(b) By sunset.
(c) In two days.
(d) One month.
11. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
12. What caused Egeon and his family to become separated according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A wave knocked them over.
(b) The ship struck an iceberg.
(c) The crew separated them.
(d) The ship hit a rock.
13. Who says, "Yet this my comfort: when your words are done, my woes end likewise with the evening sun"?
(b) The Duke's attendant.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Duke's officer.
14. What does Antipholus of Syracuse question Dromio of Ephesus about in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) If he has found a way home.
(b) The weather.
(c) The money he gave him.
(d) Where they will go for dinner.
15. What time does Adriana complain it is at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) 5 o'clock.
(c) 1 o'clock.
(d) 2 o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Finish the sentence: "Be it my wrong you are from me exempt, but wrong not that wrong with a more _______."
3. At whose shop does Antipholus of Ephesus plan to tell his wife he was at, which caused him to be late for dinner?
4. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
5. Finish the sentence: "The gold I gave to Dromio is laid up safe at the Centaur; and the heedful slave is wander'd forth, in care to seek me out by computation and mine host's _____."
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)