Short Essay Questions Key
1. What does the Duke say to Egion just before allowing him to plead his case in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What happened to Egion and his family on their journey home to Syracuse, according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What happened to Egion and his family after a rock broke apart the boat they were riding home on?
4. Why does Egion's son leave home at 18?
5. Why does Egion tell the Duke he decided to go after his son after he left home?
6. What offer does the Duke make to Egion at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
7. What is the nature of the discussion between Antipholus of Syracuse and the First Merchant at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
8. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse to an inn in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What does Dromio of Ephesus say he needs his master for in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)