Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Act 1, Scene 1
1. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Where does Egeon tell the Duke he is from?
4. Who says, "Yet this my comfort: when your words are done, my woes end likewise with the evening sun"?
5. What is the name of Egeon's long lost wife?
6. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
7. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
This section contains 3,181 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)