|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A tavern owner.
(b) A jeweler.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A goldsmith.
2. Finish the sentence: "The gold I gave to Dromio is laid up safe at the Centaur; and the heedful slave is wander'd forth, in care to seek me out by computation and mine host's _____."
3. Finish the sentence: "Far from her nest the lapwing cries away: my heart prays for him, though my tongue do ______."
4. Who says, "Besides this present instance of his rage, is a mad tale he told to-day at dinner, of his own doors being shut against his entrance"?
(a) The Courtesan.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
5. Which characters are talking with each other at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Adriana and Luciana.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse and Adriana.
(c) Luce and Dromio of Syracuse.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse and Luciana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Which two characters are conversing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Who runs away in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse send Dromio of Syracuse off to in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What phrase of Antipholus' does Dromio of Ephesus continue to quote for Adriana and Luciana in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)