|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Ay, ay, Antipholus, look strange and frown: some other mistress hath thy sweet _____."
2. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To not make him pay a ransom.
(b) To let him go in exchange for his labor.
(c) To let him go into the city and borrow money for his ransom.
(d) To let him go for nothing.
3. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
(b) A ring.
(c) Some papers.
(d) A chain.
4. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
(a) Egeon's misfortune in losing his family.
(b) Egeon's execution.
(c) Egeon's ransom amount.
(d) Egeon's son being lost.
5. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose mood does Antipholus of Ephesus try and improve upon in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What do Dormio of Syracuse and the female servant mistake Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends for near the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse suggest that Dromio must have spoken with Adriana before in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is the name of the servant who banters with Antipholus of Ephesus and his men who are still stuck outside the house in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)