|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Ay, to a niggardly host, and more sparing guest: but though my cates be mean, take them in good part"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
2. During their conversation in Act 3, Scene 1, what does Balthazar tell Antipholus of Ephesus he is more pleased with than the prospect of food?
(a) The company of women.
(b) Antipholus' welcome.
(c) His money.
(d) Good conversation.
3. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
(a) Offer money.
(b) Hid under the life rafts.
(c) Went underboard.
(d) Tied themselves to the mast.
4. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The crew had become sick.
(b) An attack.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) They were made to abandon ship by the crew.
5. What time does Adriana complain it is at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) 2 o'clock.
(c) 1 o'clock.
(d) 5 o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
2. Finish the sentence: "The beasts, the fishes, and the winged fowls, are their males' subjects and at their _______."
3. Who is the first to enter the scene during Adriana and Luciana's conversation at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
5. Finish the sentence: "So that my errand, due unto my tongue, I thank him, I bare home upon my ________."
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)