|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "And he will bless that cross with other beating: between you I shall have a holy _____."
4. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To let him go for nothing.
(b) To not make him pay a ransom.
(c) To let him go into the city and borrow money for his ransom.
(d) To let him go in exchange for his labor.
5. What do Dormio of Syracuse and the female servant mistake Antipholus of Ephesus and his friends for near the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Unruly local boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Egeon tell the Duke he is from?
2. Who says, "Fie, brother! how the world is changed with you!"?
3. Who says, "Fie, how impatience loureth in your face!"?
4. Who is the first character to enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "Husband, I'll dine above with you to-day and shrive you of a thousand idle _____."
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)