|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Duke's officer.
2. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 1,000 marks of gold.
(b) 300 pounds of gold.
(c) 200 marks of bronze.
(d) 500 pounds of silver.
3. Where do Antipholus of Syracuse and Dromio of Syracuse go at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The Centaur.
(b) The palace.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus' home.
(d) The Tiger.
4. Who says, "The plainer dealer, the sooner lost: yet he loseth it in a kind of jollity"?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus.
5. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To let him go for nothing.
(b) To let him go in exchange for his labor.
(c) To let him go into the city and borrow money for his ransom.
(d) To not make him pay a ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Fie, how impatience loureth in your face!"?
2. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
3. Who says, "What, wilt thou flout me thus unto my face, being forbid? There, take you that, sir knave"?
4. Who is described as "horn-mad"?
5. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)