|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Sell some jewelry.
(b) Wander the city.
(c) Find some food.
(d) Visit a friend.
2. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) Dromio of Syracuse.
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
3. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
(a) A ring.
(c) A chain.
(d) Some papers.
4. Who says, "Yet this my comfort: when your words are done, my woes end likewise with the evening sun"?
(a) The Duke's officer.
(c) The Duke's attendant.
(d) The Duke.
5. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
(a) Egeon's ransom amount.
(b) Egeon's son being lost.
(c) Egeon's execution.
(d) Egeon's misfortune in losing his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
2. From where did Egeon say the boat was that rescued his wife and one of his sons?
3. What does Adriana tell Dromio of Ephesus to do after he has told his story in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Finish the sentence: "The beasts, the fishes, and the winged fowls, are their males' subjects and at their _______."
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)