|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
(a) Beg and borrow.
(c) Work for it.
2. Who says, "Fie, how impatience loureth in your face!"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
3. What does Adriana tell Dromio of Ephesus to do after he has told his story in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Go to the jail.
(b) Go to the palace.
(c) Bring Antipholus home.
(d) Go to the market.
4. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
(a) Egeon's execution.
(b) Egeon's son being lost.
(c) Egeon's misfortune in losing his family.
(d) Egeon's ransom amount.
5. Who says, "What, wilt thou flout me thus unto my face, being forbid? There, take you that, sir knave"?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Adriana complain it is at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What phrase of Antipholus' does Dromio of Ephesus continue to quote for Adriana and Luciana in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who is the first to enter the scene during Adriana and Luciana's conversation at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Who says, "Ay, ay, he told his mind upon mine ear: Beshrew his hand, I scarce could understand it"?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)