|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife and her sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
4. What does Adriana tell Dromio of Ephesus to do after he has told his story in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Go to the jail.
(b) Go to the market.
(c) Go to the palace.
(d) Bring Antipholus home.
5. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
(a) Egeon's execution.
(b) Egeon's misfortune in losing his family.
(c) Egeon's son being lost.
(d) Egeon's ransom amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "And he will bless that cross with other beating: between you I shall have a holy _____."
2. What is the name of Egeon's long lost wife?
3. From where did Egeon say the boat was that rescued his wife and one of his sons?
4. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
5. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)