|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Syracuse question Dromio of Ephesus about in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The weather.
(b) If he has found a way home.
(c) The money he gave him.
(d) Where they will go for dinner.
2. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
(a) The Duke's officer.
(c) The Duke.
3. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
4. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
(a) By sunset.
(b) In two days.
(c) One month.
(d) In a week.
5. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(a) A chain.
(b) A mirror.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
2. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "So that my errand, due unto my tongue, I thank him, I bare home upon my ________."
4. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
5. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)