|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dinner with his wife.
(b) A meeting.
(c) Dinner with a friend.
2. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
(a) Offer money.
(b) Hid under the life rafts.
(c) Went underboard.
(d) Tied themselves to the mast.
3. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(a) A chain.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A book.
4. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
(b) The Duke.
(c) The Duke's officer.
5. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A jeweler.
(b) A goldsmith.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A tavern owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Egeon and his family to become separated according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
3. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
5. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)