|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Time is their master, and, when they see time, they'll go or come: if so, be patient, ______."
2. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
(b) Work for it.
(d) Beg and borrow.
3. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They were made to abandon ship by the crew.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) An attack.
(d) The crew had become sick.
4. What does Adriana tell Dromio of Ephesus she will do if he disobeys her near the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Disown him.
(b) Curse him.
(c) Fire him.
(d) Beat him.
5. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To let him go for nothing.
(b) To not make him pay a ransom.
(c) To let him go in exchange for his labor.
(d) To let him go into the city and borrow money for his ransom.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did Egeon say the boat was that rescued his wife and one of his sons?
2. What is the name of the inn Antipholus of Syracuse is staying at in Ephesus?
3. Who says, "Ay, ay, he told his mind upon mine ear: Beshrew his hand, I scarce could understand it"?
4. Finish the sentence: "So that my errand, due unto my tongue, I thank him, I bare home upon my ________."
5. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)