|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "The beasts, the fishes, and the winged fowls, are their males' subjects and at their _______."
2. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To not make him pay a ransom.
(b) To let him go for nothing.
(c) To let him go into the city and borrow money for his ransom.
(d) To let him go in exchange for his labor.
3. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(a) A mirror.
(c) A book.
(d) A chain.
4. What caused Egeon and his family to become separated according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The crew separated them.
(b) The ship hit a rock.
(c) The ship struck an iceberg.
(d) A wave knocked them over.
5. What time does Adriana complain it is at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) 2 o'clock.
(b) 5 o'clock.
(c) 1 o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who is described as "horn-mad"?
3. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
5. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)