|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) The First Merchant.
(d) The Second Merchant.
2. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
(a) The Duke.
(d) The Duke's officer.
3. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
(b) Work for it.
(c) Beg and borrow.
4. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(b) A palace hall.
(c) A market.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse's house.
5. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dinner with his wife.
(c) A meeting.
(d) Dinner with a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Syracuse question Dromio of Ephesus about in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
3. What is the name of Antipholus of Ephesus' wife?
4. What phrase of Antipholus' does Dromio of Ephesus continue to quote for Adriana and Luciana in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)