|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
(b) Beg and borrow.
(c) Work for it.
2. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
(a) His wife and her sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
3. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
(a) Africa and Asia.
(b) Greece and Asia.
(c) Greece and France.
(d) Africa and Italy.
4. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The crew had become sick.
(b) An attack.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) They were made to abandon ship by the crew.
5. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A tavern owner.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A jeweler.
(d) A goldsmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
2. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. From where did Egeon say the boat was that rescued his wife and one of his sons?
4. What does Antipholus of Syracuse question Dromio of Ephesus about in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)