|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
2. Who runs away in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse.
3. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
(a) Went underboard.
(b) Tied themselves to the mast.
(c) Offer money.
(d) Hid under the life rafts.
4. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) The Second Merchant.
(c) The First Merchant.
5. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Find some food.
(b) Visit a friend.
(c) Sell some jewelry.
(d) Wander the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
2. What caused Egeon and his family to become separated according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is the name of Egeon's long lost wife?
4. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
5. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)