|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Syracuse do to Dromio of Ephesus after he begins talking about Antipholus' wife in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Laughs at him.
(c) Makes fun of him.
(d) Beats him.
2. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A tavern owner.
(b) A jeweler.
(c) A goldsmith.
(d) A merchant.
3. From where did Egeon say the boat was that rescued his wife and one of his sons?
4. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 500 pounds of silver.
(b) 1,000 marks of gold.
(c) 300 pounds of gold.
(d) 200 marks of bronze.
5. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
(a) In a week.
(b) In two days.
(c) By sunset.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Syracuse question Dromio of Ephesus about in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who says, "Yet this my comfort: when your words are done, my woes end likewise with the evening sun"?
4. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
5. Where does Egeon tell the Duke he is from?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)