|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
(b) A chain.
(c) Some papers.
(d) A ring.
2. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
4. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 300 pounds of gold.
(b) 500 pounds of silver.
(c) 1,000 marks of gold.
(d) 200 marks of bronze.
5. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Duke's officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
3. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
4. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
5. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)