|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
(a) In a week.
(b) By sunset.
(c) In two days.
(d) One month.
2. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
3. Who says, "What, wilt thou flout me thus unto my face, being forbid? There, take you that, sir knave"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) Dromio of Syracuse.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse.
4. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
(c) The Duke's officer.
(d) The Duke.
5. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "They say this town is full of cozenage, as, nimble jugglers that deceive the ____."
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse do to Dromio of Ephesus after he begins talking about Antipholus' wife in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
4. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. From where did Egeon say the boat was that rescued his wife and one of his sons?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)