|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) An attack.
(c) The crew had become sick.
(d) They were made to abandon ship by the crew.
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Wander the city.
(b) Visit a friend.
(c) Sell some jewelry.
(d) Find some food.
3. Who runs away in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
4. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(b) A chain.
(c) A book.
(d) A mirror.
5. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "They say this town is full of cozenage, as, nimble jugglers that deceive the ____."
2. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
4. What is the name of Egeon's long lost wife?
5. Who says, "What, wilt thou flout me thus unto my face, being forbid? There, take you that, sir knave"?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)