|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
2. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
(a) Beg and borrow.
(d) Work for it.
4. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
(a) Hid under the life rafts.
(b) Tied themselves to the mast.
(c) Went underboard.
(d) Offer money.
5. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) The Second Merchant.
(c) The First Merchant.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the inn Antipholus of Syracuse is staying at in Ephesus?
2. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
3. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
4. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)