|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' home.
(b) The palace.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse's home.
(d) The mart.
2. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
(a) Greece and Asia.
(b) Africa and Italy.
(c) Greece and France.
(d) Africa and Asia.
3. Where does Egeon tell the Duke he is from?
4. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
(a) Tied themselves to the mast.
(b) Hid under the life rafts.
(c) Went underboard.
(d) Offer money.
5. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
(a) One month.
(b) By sunset.
(c) In a week.
(d) In two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Who says, "What, wilt thou flout me thus unto my face, being forbid? There, take you that, sir knave"?
3. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)