|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife and her sister.
2. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
(a) Offer money.
(b) Tied themselves to the mast.
(c) Hid under the life rafts.
(d) Went underboard.
3. What is the name of the inn Antipholus of Syracuse is staying at in Ephesus?
(a) The Centaur.
(b) The Porpentine.
(c) The River.
(d) The Tiger.
4. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To let him go in exchange for his labor.
(b) To let him go into the city and borrow money for his ransom.
(c) To let him go for nothing.
(d) To not make him pay a ransom.
5. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
(a) By sunset.
(b) One month.
(c) In two days.
(d) In a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did Egeon say the boat was that rescued his wife and one of his sons?
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse do to Dromio of Ephesus after he begins talking about Antipholus' wife in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
5. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)