|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "They say this town is full of cozenage, as, nimble jugglers that deceive the ____."
2. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife and her sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
3. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
4. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse's house.
(c) A market.
(d) A palace hall.
5. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To let him go into the city and borrow money for his ransom.
(b) To let him go for nothing.
(c) To not make him pay a ransom.
(d) To let him go in exchange for his labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
2. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
3. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
4. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)