|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
2. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(a) A chain.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A book.
3. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the name of the inn Antipholus of Syracuse is staying at in Ephesus?
(a) The Porpentine.
(b) The River.
(c) The Centaur.
(d) The Tiger.
5. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 500 pounds of silver.
(b) 200 marks of bronze.
(c) 300 pounds of gold.
(d) 1,000 marks of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "They say this town is full of cozenage, as, nimble jugglers that deceive the ____."
2. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
3. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
4. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
5. Where does Egeon tell the Duke he is from?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)