|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Syracuse do to Dromio of Ephesus after he begins talking about Antipholus' wife in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Yells at him.
(b) Laughs at him.
(c) Beats him.
(d) Makes fun of him.
2. Who says, "Now, trust me, were it not against our laws, against my crown, my oath, my dignity"?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Duke's officer.
3. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) They were made to abandon ship by the crew.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) An attack.
(d) The crew had become sick.
4. What caused Egeon and his family to become separated according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The ship hit a rock.
(b) A wave knocked them over.
(c) The crew separated them.
(d) The ship struck an iceberg.
5. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Visit a friend.
(b) Find some food.
(c) Wander the city.
(d) Sell some jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
3. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
4. What does Antipholus of Syracuse question Dromio of Ephesus about in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)