|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A goldsmith.
(b) A tavern owner.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A jeweler.
2. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
(a) Africa and Italy.
(b) Greece and France.
(c) Africa and Asia.
(d) Greece and Asia.
3. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Syracuse.
4. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(a) A mirror.
(c) A chain.
(d) A book.
5. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) The Second Merchant.
(c) The First Merchant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Finish the sentence: "They say this town is full of cozenage, as, nimble jugglers that deceive the ____."
3. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
5. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)