|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
(a) A chain.
(b) Some papers.
(d) A ring.
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Sell some jewelry.
(b) Visit a friend.
(c) Wander the city.
(d) Find some food.
3. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
(a) Offer money.
(b) Hid under the life rafts.
(c) Went underboard.
(d) Tied themselves to the mast.
4. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) An attack.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) The crew had become sick.
(d) They were made to abandon ship by the crew.
5. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(b) A market.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse's house.
(d) A palace hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Egeon's long lost wife?
2. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
3. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
4. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is the name of the inn Antipholus of Syracuse is staying at in Ephesus?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)