|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
(a) In a week.
(b) In two days.
(c) By sunset.
(d) One month.
2. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
(a) Egeon's misfortune in losing his family.
(b) Egeon's execution.
(c) Egeon's ransom amount.
(d) Egeon's son being lost.
3. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) To let him go for nothing.
(b) To not make him pay a ransom.
(c) To let him go into the city and borrow money for his ransom.
(d) To let him go in exchange for his labor.
5. Who says, "Yet this my comfort: when your words are done, my woes end likewise with the evening sun"?
(a) The Duke's attendant.
(b) The Duke's officer.
(c) The Duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "What, wilt thou flout me thus unto my face, being forbid? There, take you that, sir knave"?
2. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Antipholus of Syracuse question Dromio of Ephesus about in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)