|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(a) A mirror.
(c) A chain.
(d) A book.
2. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
(c) Work for it.
(d) Beg and borrow.
3. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) A palace hall.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(c) A market.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse's house.
4. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
(a) Africa and Italy.
(b) Africa and Asia.
(c) Greece and Asia.
(d) Greece and France.
5. What caused Egeon and his family to become separated according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The crew separated them.
(b) The ship struck an iceberg.
(c) A wave knocked them over.
(d) The ship hit a rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
3. Where does Egeon tell the Duke he is from?
4. Who runs away in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)