|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dromio of Ephesus deny being given by Antipholus of Syracuse?
(b) A mirror.
(c) A book.
(d) A chain.
2. How old was Egeon's son when he decided to leave home in search of his lost brother?
3. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A goldsmith.
(b) A jeweler.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A tavern owner.
4. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus' home.
(b) The palace.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse's home.
(d) The mart.
5. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
Short Answer Questions
1. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
2. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who runs away in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)