|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "They say this town is full of cozenage, as, nimble jugglers that deceive the ____."
2. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse's house.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(c) A market.
(d) A palace hall.
3. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) The Second Merchant.
(c) The First Merchant.
4. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A jeweler.
(c) A tavern owner.
(d) A goldsmith.
5. Where does the First Merchant tell Antipholus of Syracuse he should pretend to be from at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Egeon and his family to abandon the ship carrying them home according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
3. What does Antipholus of Syracuse question Dromio of Ephesus about in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "Yet this my comfort: when your words are done, my woes end likewise with the evening sun"?
5. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)