|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
(a) Egeon's ransom amount.
(b) Egeon's execution.
(c) Egeon's son being lost.
(d) Egeon's misfortune in losing his family.
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
(a) A chain.
(c) A ring.
(d) Some papers.
3. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
4. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Who runs away in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the inn Antipholus of Syracuse is staying at in Ephesus?
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse question Dromio of Ephesus about in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does the Duke tell Egeon he can do "to make up the sum" of his ransom?
4. Who does Dromio of Ephesus tell Antipholus of Syracuse is waiting on him at his home?
5. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)