|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Dinner with a friend.
(c) Dinner with his wife.
(d) A meeting.
2. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
3. What caused Egeon and his family to become separated according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The crew separated them.
(b) The ship struck an iceberg.
(c) A wave knocked them over.
(d) The ship hit a rock.
4. Where is Act 1, Scene 2 set?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse's home.
(b) The palace.
(c) The mart.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus' home.
5. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Wander the city.
(b) Sell some jewelry.
(c) Find some food.
(d) Visit a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "They say this town is full of cozenage, as, nimble jugglers that deceive the ____."
2. Who runs away in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who says, "What, wilt thou flout me thus unto my face, being forbid? There, take you that, sir knave"?
4. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
5. Where does Egeon tell the Duke he is from?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)