|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "What, wilt thou flout me thus unto my face, being forbid? There, take you that, sir knave"?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) Dromio of Syracuse.
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
2. What does Antipholus of Syracuse tell the First Merchant he is going to do to pass his time at the end of their conversation in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Wander the city.
(b) Find some food.
(c) Sell some jewelry.
(d) Visit a friend.
3. What does Antipholus of Syracuse give to Dromio of Syracuse to take to an inn?
(b) A chain.
(c) A ring.
(d) Some papers.
4. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) A palace hall.
(b) Antipholus of Syracuse's house.
(c) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(d) A market.
5. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
(a) By sunset.
(b) In two days.
(c) One month.
(d) In a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the Duke offer Egeon at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
5. Finish the sentence: "We being strangers here, how darest thou trust so great a charge from thine own ______."
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)