|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antipholus of Syracuse do to Dromio of Ephesus after he begins talking about Antipholus' wife in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Beats him.
(b) Makes fun of him.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Yells at him.
2. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
(a) Egeon's execution.
(b) Egeon's misfortune in losing his family.
(c) Egeon's ransom amount.
(d) Egeon's son being lost.
3. Who says, "That labour may you save: see where he comes"?
(a) The Second Merchant.
(b) The First Merchant.
(c) The officer.
4. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 300 pounds of gold.
(b) 1,000 marks of gold.
(c) 200 marks of bronze.
(d) 500 pounds of silver.
5. Who says, "The plainer dealer, the sooner lost: yet he loseth it in a kind of jollity"?
(a) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(b) Dromio of Syracuse.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Second Merchant ask from Angelo at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 1?
2. Which of the following characters does NOT enter the scene after the confrontation between Antipholus of Ephesus and Dromio of Ephesus?
3. Finish the sentence: "Far from her nest the lapwing cries away: my heart prays for him, though my tongue do ______."
4. Finish the sentence: "Belike you thought our love would last too long, if it were chain'd together, and therefore came ____."
5. Who says, "To yield possession to my holy prayers and to thy state of darkness hie thee straight"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)