|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Duke tell Egeon he wishes he could reverse, but cannot?
(a) Egeon's ransom amount.
(b) Egeon's son being lost.
(c) Egeon's execution.
(d) Egeon's misfortune in losing his family.
2. Where does Dromio of Syracuse say one should not drop their money in during Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The street.
(b) The gutter.
(c) The porridge.
(d) The river.
3. Finish the sentence: "Whom whilst I labour'd of a love to see, I hazarded the loss of whom I ____."
4. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) The Second Merchant.
(d) The First Merchant.
5. What caused Egeon and his family to become separated according to his story in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A wave knocked them over.
(b) The ship hit a rock.
(c) The crew separated them.
(d) The ship struck an iceberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Time is their master, and, when they see time, they'll go or come: if so, be patient, ______."
2. Who is the first character to enter in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who says, "Many a man would take you at your word, and go indeed, having so good a mean"?
4. Who says, "The plainer dealer, the sooner lost: yet he loseth it in a kind of jollity"?
5. Who says, "Ere I learn love, I'll practise to obey"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)