|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sum of money does Antipholus of Syracuse mention in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) 1,000 marks of gold.
(b) 500 pounds of silver.
(c) 300 pounds of gold.
(d) 200 marks of bronze.
2. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
(a) A goldsmith.
(b) A jeweler.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A tavern owner.
3. Finish the sentence: "So that my errand, due unto my tongue, I thank him, I bare home upon my ________."
4. Finish the sentence: "The gold I gave to Dromio is laid up safe at the Centaur; and the heedful slave is wander'd forth, in care to seek me out by computation and mine host's _____."
5. Who asks, "Why should their liberty than ours be more"?
(a) Dromio of Ephesus.
(d) Antipholus of Syracuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Where does Antipholus of Syracuse decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What areas does Egeon tell the Duke he traveled through before coming to Ephesus?
4. In what way do Egeon and his family try and keep themselves on the ship?
5. Who runs away in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)