|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first to speak in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The First Merchant.
(b) The Second Merchant.
(d) Antipholus of Ephesus.
2. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse suggest that Dromio must have spoken with Adriana before in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Because she knows his name.
(b) Because she looks familiar.
(c) Because she is pretty.
(d) Because she is nice.
3. In what setting does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
(a) Antipholus of Syracuse's house.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus' house.
(c) A palace hall.
(d) A market.
4. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Starts bantering with him.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Hits him.
(d) Does magic.
5. What does Dromio of Ephesus claim his master is late for when he approaches Antipholus of Syracuse in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A meeting.
(b) Dinner with his wife.
(d) Dinner with a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Thus I mend it: Time himself is bald and therefore to the world's end will have bald followers"?
2. Who tells Dromio of Syracuse to "bid the servants spread for dinner"?
3. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
4. What is the name of the Duke introduced in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. From where did Egeon say the boat was that rescued his wife and one of his sons?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)