|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Yet this my comfort: when your words are done, my woes end likewise with the evening sun"?
(a) The Duke.
(b) The Duke's attendant.
(d) The Duke's officer.
2. Who says, "Thus I mend it: Time himself is bald and therefore to the world's end will have bald followers"?
(a) Dromio of Syracuse.
(b) Antipholus of Ephesus.
(c) Antipholus of Syracuse.
(d) Dromio of Ephesus.
3. Finish the sentence: "The gold I gave to Dromio is laid up safe at the Centaur; and the heedful slave is wander'd forth, in care to seek me out by computation and mine host's _____."
4. When does Egeon have to pay his ransom by to avoid execution?
(a) In a week.
(b) One month.
(c) In two days.
(d) By sunset.
5. During his speech at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, where does Antipholus of Syracuse say Dromio told him his house was located?
(a) The Centaur.
(b) The Porpentine.
(c) The Tiger.
(d) The Phoenix.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finish the sentence: "Husband, I'll dine above with you to-day and shrive you of a thousand idle _____."
2. What profession does Egeon tell the Duke he once had?
3. How does Dromio of Syracuse distract Antipholus of Syracuse when he becomes angry with him in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Antipholus of Syracuse question Dromio of Ephesus about in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why does Antipholus of Syracuse suggest that Dromio must have spoken with Adriana before in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)