|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bruce want to take Lola and Marie?
2. What does Lola promise Doc?
3. What did Lola do in the rain in her dream?
4. What does Lola want to do today?
5. Where do Lola and Doc find Little Sheba's body in Lola's dream?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Inge's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Turk and Bruce. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Marie cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Inge use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)