|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Doc when he returns home?
2. What do Ed and Elmo let Ed have before they take him away?
3. What does Marie predict will happen by next week?
4. What does the milkman show Lola?
5. What does Lola fix for Doc?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Little Sheba. What does Little Sheba symbolize for Julia? What does Little Sheba mean for Doc?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the taboo of pre-marital sex in the 1950s. Compare and contrast pre-marital sex in America during the 1950s to pre-marital sex in America today. What major changes have occurred, both positive and negative?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)