|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doc say Bruce is probably going to marry Marie?
2. Where did Lola sleep the night before?
3. Where did Doc meet Ed Anderson?
4. What does Bruce really want to do tonight?
5. What type of flowers has Lola used for a floral arrangement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Little Sheba. What does Little Sheba symbolize for Julia? What does Little Sheba mean for Doc?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Doc and Lola. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Inge uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)