|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Doc not want to go to the hospital?
2. Why does Lola decide not to help Little Sheba in her dream?
3. What does Marie say about the lilacs?
4. Where does Lola tell Doc she saw Turk last night?
5. What does Lola do as Marie and Bruce prepare to eat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Little Sheba. What does Little Sheba symbolize for Julia? What does Little Sheba mean for Doc?
Essay Topic 2
COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA is a classic escape from reality story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Doc and Lola. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)