|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lola get the flowers for the arrangement?
2. What does Lola promise Doc?
3. Why does Lola want to stay home?
4. Doc says that all Lola wants to do is __________________________.
5. Where does Marie suggest she and Bruce have dinner?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Inge use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Lola. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
There are several events of foreshadowing in the play. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)