|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lola ask Ed Anderson to do?
2. What does Marie tell Lola to do with her things?
3. What does Marie predict will happen by next week?
4. Doc senses that Lola is ___________.
5. What do Marie and Bruce plan to do before flying to Cincinnati?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Inge's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
The play seems to come full circle from Lola calling out for Little Sheba and then finally realizing that Little Sheba is not going to return. Do you think Lola is really satisfied in her own mind? Or is she just temporarily pacifying Doc? Explain your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Doc. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)