|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie announce when she returns to the house?
2. What does Lola ask Ed Anderson to do?
3. Doc chases Lola around the house with _____________.
4. How does Bruce feel about eating by candlelight?
5. Why does Doc get angry at Lola?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the taboo of pre-marital sex in the 1950s. Compare and contrast pre-marital sex in America during the 1950s to pre-marital sex in America today. What major changes have occurred, both positive and negative?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Inge use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Little Sheba. What does Little Sheba symbolize for Julia? What does Little Sheba mean for Doc?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)