|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marie expecting from Bruce?
2. Why does Doc think Marie should not be kissing Turk?
3. Doc turns to ___________ for comfort.
4. What does Marie compliment Lola on?
5. Lola lavishes compliments on Doc for ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Doc's being taken to the hospital for his alcohol abuse problem?
2. How does Doc know Ed and what does Lola tell Ed?
3. Who arrives at the house to help Lola and Mrs. Coffman with Doc?
4. Describe the beginning of the dream that Lola has.
5. What makes Mrs. Coffman come running into Lola's house?
6. How does the author show that Doc has feelings for Marie?
7. Why does the group decide not to go to the hotel for dinner?
8. What irrational behavior does Doc exhibit in his rage toward Lola?
9. What does Doc hear which makes him leave the house without even telling Lola he is leaving?
10. What does Doc sneak out of the house with while Marie and Lola set the table?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Turk and Bruce. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Marie cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Doc and Lola. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 1,315 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)