|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc stare at while waiting for Lola to get her coat?
2. Where does Doc hide the bottle of whiskey?
3. Doc is irritated because Lola thinks he was ______________.
4. What do Marie and Turk do that upsets Doc?
5. What is Marie expecting from Bruce?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doc approach Lola on the issue of the opened telegram?
2. Who is Mrs. Coffman and what is her relationship with Lola?
3. How is Little Sheba referenced in Lola's dream?
4. How does Doc perpetuate his denial of Marie's loose behavior?
5. Describe the beginning of the dream that Lola has.
6. What does Lola talk about that makes Doc irritated?
7. What does Doc say he heard in the house last night?
8. What is the symbolism of the javelin in Lola's dream?
9. How does Mrs. Coffman's opinion of Lola change?
10. Describe Lola and Doc's behavior around each other when Doc returns home from the hospital.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mrs. Coffman. What is her relationship with Lola and Doc? What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Mrs. Coffman's character in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Doc and Lola. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Doc. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)