|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Mrs. Coffman about Lola's house?
2. What had Lola suspected Mrs. Coffman of doing at one time?
3. Who does Doc tell that he has heard Turk laughing?
4. Doc wants to know why Lola lied about _________________.
5. What does Doc think of Turk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lola reveal about her history with Doc?
2. Why does the group decide not to go to the hotel for dinner?
3. How does Lola try to make the evening as nice as possible for Marie and Bruce?
4. What gesture does Mrs. Coffman extend to Lola while Doc is gone?
5. How does the author use Doc's sneaking the whiskey out under his raincoat as foreshadowing?
6. What accusations does Doc make about Lola and Marie's men?
7. Why does the reality of Marie's behavior stir questions about Lola's behavior in Doc's mind?
8. What discovery does Lola make as Act 2, Scene 3 begins?
9. Who is Mrs. Coffman and what is her relationship with Lola?
10. How does the author show that Little Sheba symbolizes the life Lola used to have and still longs for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Little Sheba. What does Little Sheba symbolize for Julia? What does Little Sheba mean for Doc?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Marie. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Mrs. Coffman. What is her relationship with Lola and Doc? What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Mrs. Coffman's character in the play?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)