|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doc wants to know why Lola lied about _________________.
2. What does Lola ask Doc to do for Marie and Turk?
3. What does Mrs. Coffman admit to believing about Lola?
4. What item of Marie's does Doc see in the living room?
5. What does the milkman do before leaving Lola's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lola's incentive to clean her house?
2. What questions does Lola bombard Doc with about their life together and what is Doc's reply?
3. Why does the reality of Marie's behavior stir questions about Lola's behavior in Doc's mind?
4. What vulgar name does Doc call Marie and Lola and why prompts him to do so?
5. How does the author use Doc's sneaking the whiskey out under his raincoat as foreshadowing?
6. Who is Lola and how does she make her entrance into the play?
7. What does Doc say he heard in the house last night?
8. How does Doc know Ed and what does Lola tell Ed?
9. What does Lola reveal about her history with Doc?
10. How does Marie hurt Lola after Doc just gets her calmed down?
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Doc and Lola. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Alcohol abuse seems to be an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the abuse? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? How does it affect the abusers? How does it affect those impacted by the abusers? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Turk and Bruce. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Marie cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
This section contains 1,337 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)