|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Turk run into while sneaking out of the house?
2. What does Doc sneak out of the house with?
3. What does Lola spend the day doing in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Lola do with Marie's telegram?
5. Who is Turk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Mrs. Coffman come running into Lola's house?
2. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is the significance of Marie's sudden departure from Doc and Lola's life?
4. What discovery does Lola make as Act 2, Scene 3 begins?
5. How does Mrs. Coffman's opinion of Lola change?
6. How does Lola engage the milkman to stave off her boredom?
7. What does Doc sneak out of the house with while Marie and Lola set the table?
8. How does Bruce offer to treat Lola and Doc when he arrives in town?
9. Why does the reality of Marie's behavior stir questions about Lola's behavior in Doc's mind?
10. What accusations does Doc make about Lola and Marie's men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mrs. Coffman. What is her relationship with Lola and Doc? What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Mrs. Coffman's character in the play?
Essay Topic 2
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Little Sheba. What does Little Sheba symbolize for Julia? What does Little Sheba mean for Doc?
Essay Topic 3
Inge uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)