Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Doc's plans for tonight?
2. Who leaves the house after Mrs. Coffman leaves?
3. What does Doc sneak out of the house with?
4. Lola tells Doc that Marie was with whom last night?
5. Where does Doc hide the bottle of whiskey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Doc's being taken to the hospital for his alcohol abuse problem?
2. How does Bruce offer to treat Lola and Doc when he arrives in town?
3. Why does Lola turn frantic in the kitchen and what action does she take?
4. What does Lola reveal about her history with Doc?
5. Why does the group decide not to go to the hotel for dinner?
6. What does Lola tell Doc that disgusts him?
7. What negative comment does Marie make about the bouquet of lilacs?
8. Who is Mrs. Coffman and what is her relationship with Lola?
9. What irrational behavior does Doc exhibit in his rage toward Lola?
10. Who is Lola and how does she make her entrance into the play?
Essay Topic 1
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Little Sheba. What does Little Sheba symbolize for Julia? What does Little Sheba mean for Doc?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Inge's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Doc. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)