|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lola invite in for a glass of water?
2. Who does Lola call out for after Marie and Turk leave the house?
3. Why does Lola say she is proud of Doc?
4. Doc realizes that Marie's ______________ is lost.
5. What does Doc promise to do for Lola?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions does Lola bombard Doc with about their life together and what is Doc's reply?
2. How does Bruce offer to treat Lola and Doc when he arrives in town?
3. What decision does Doc help Lola to make about Little Sheba in her dream?
4. What does Lola talk about that makes Doc irritated?
5. What makes Mrs. Coffman come running into Lola's house?
6. What accusations does Doc make about Lola and Marie's men?
7. What are Marie's feelings about Turk and Bruce?
8. What does Lola tell Doc that disgusts him?
9. How does Lola try to assuage her boredom with the new postman?
10. Why does Lola turn frantic in the kitchen and what action does she take?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play seems to come full circle from Lola calling out for Little Sheba and then finally realizing that Little Sheba is not going to return. Do you think Lola is really satisfied in her own mind? Or is she just temporarily pacifying Doc? Explain your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s when the women in the novel are living their married lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms did they enjoy that 21st century women do not?
Essay Topic 3
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)