Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Doc's plans for tonight?
2. Who leaves the house after Mrs. Coffman leaves?
3. What does Doc sneak out of the house with?
4. Lola tells Doc that Marie was with whom last night?
5. Where does Doc hide the bottle of whiskey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Doc's being taken to the hospital for his alcohol abuse problem?
2. How does Bruce offer to treat Lola and Doc when he arrives in town?
3. Why does Lola turn frantic in the kitchen and what action does she take?
4. What does Lola reveal about her history with Doc?
5. Why does the group decide not to go to the hotel for dinner?
6. What does Lola tell Doc that disgusts him?
7. What negative comment does Marie make about the bouquet of lilacs?
8. Who is Mrs. Coffman and what is her relationship with Lola?
9. What irrational behavior does Doc exhibit in his rage toward Lola?
10. Who is Lola and how does she make her entrance into the play?
Essay Topic 1
COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA is a classic escape from reality story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Little Sheba. What does Little Sheba symbolize for Julia? What does Little Sheba mean for Doc?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Doc and Lola. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)