|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Marie drawing for an entry into an art contest?
2. Whose voice does Doc say he heard last night?
3. Who is Lola's neighbor?
4. What event puts an end to Doc's denial?
5. Who is Turk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Coffman's opinion of Lola change?
2. Who is Mrs. Coffman and what is her relationship with Lola?
3. What behavioral changes does Lola exhibit in this scene?
4. What accusations does Doc make about Lola and Marie's men?
5. What lie does Lola tell about why Doc cannot be home for dinner?
6. How does the author show that Lola's attitude about her life has changed?
7. How does Doc know Ed and what does Lola tell Ed?
8. How does Lola engage the milkman to stave off her boredom?
9. How does Doc perpetuate his denial of Marie's loose behavior?
10. Who arrives at the house to help Lola and Mrs. Coffman with Doc?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mrs. Coffman. What is her relationship with Lola and Doc? What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Mrs. Coffman's character in the play?
Essay Topic 2
COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA is a classic escape from reality story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Inge's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)