|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event puts an end to Doc's denial?
2. Who does Doc tell that he has heard Turk laughing?
3. How does Doc react to hearing about Marie and Turk making out last night?
4. Who does Lola invite in for a glass of water?
5. Where does Doc hide the bottle of whiskey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the group decide not to go to the hotel for dinner?
2. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Lola reveal about her history with Doc?
4. What metaphor does Lola use when she thinks about how the days of her youth have vanished?
5. What creates an argument between Doc and Lola early into the play?
6. How does Doc approach Lola on the issue of the opened telegram?
7. What negative comment does Marie make about the bouquet of lilacs?
8. What is the setting and who are the characters which open the play?
9. Why does Lola change her mind about Mrs. Coffman's involvement in Little Sheba's disappearance?
10. Who arrives at the house to help Lola and Mrs. Coffman with Doc?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Lola. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s when the women in the novel are living their married lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms did they enjoy that 21st century women do not?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play COME BACK LITTLE SHEBA? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)