|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How long ago did Doc propose to Lola?
3. Marie makes fun of Lola's ______________.
4. Who is Lola's neighbor?
5. What does Lola do with Marie's telegram?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that Doc has feelings for Marie?
2. How do Doc and Lola differ in their opinions of Marie's friend, Turk?
3. What is the setting and who are the characters which open the play?
4. What does Lola ask Doc to do after she returns from Mrs. Coffman's house?
5. Describe Lola and Doc's behavior around each other when Doc returns home from the hospital.
6. What creates an argument between Doc and Lola early into the play?
7. What is Lola's incentive to clean her house?
8. How does Doc approach Lola on the issue of the opened telegram?
9. How does Bruce offer to treat Lola and Doc when he arrives in town?
10. How does Lola try to assuage her boredom with the new postman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play COME BACK LITTLE SHEBA? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Inge's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Turk and Bruce. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Marie cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
This section contains 1,438 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)