|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Doc doing as Act 1, Scene 1 opens?
2. What amazes Mrs. Coffman about Lola's house?
3. Where does Lola want to go tonight?
4. What is Maria's major area of studies?
5. What does Lola want Bruce to see when he arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the beginning of the dream that Lola has.
2. What does Doc sneak out of the house with while Marie and Lola set the table?
3. How does the author show that Doc has feelings for Marie?
4. What are Marie's feelings about Turk and Bruce?
5. Who is Mrs. Coffman and what is her relationship with Lola?
6. What decision does Doc help Lola to make about Little Sheba in her dream?
7. What happens that makes Doc see the light about Marie?
8. What accusations does Doc make about Lola and Marie's men?
9. How does the author show that Little Sheba symbolizes the life Lola used to have and still longs for?
10. What does Doc say to Lola and Marie after he encounters Turk sneaking out of Marie's room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mrs. Coffman. What is her relationship with Lola and Doc? What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Mrs. Coffman's character in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play COME BACK LITTLE SHEBA? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Inge use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)