|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Doc tell about running into Turk?
2. What is Doc doing as Act 1, Scene 1 opens?
3. Who is Turk?
4. What does Doc think of Turk?
5. Lola tells Doc that Marie was with whom last night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Coffman and what is her relationship with Lola?
2. Who is Lola and how does she make her entrance into the play?
3. What discovery does Lola make as Act 2, Scene 3 begins?
4. What makes Mrs. Coffman come running into Lola's house?
5. What does Doc say to Lola and Marie after he encounters Turk sneaking out of Marie's room?
6. What does Lola ask Doc to do after she returns from Mrs. Coffman's house?
7. How is Little Sheba referenced in Lola's dream?
8. How does Doc perpetuate his denial of Marie's loose behavior?
9. How does Lola engage the milkman to stave off her boredom?
10. How does the author show that Lola's attitude about her life has changed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Doc. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play COME BACK LITTLE SHEBA? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA is a classic escape from reality story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)