Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Doc's plans for tonight?
2. Who leaves the house after Mrs. Coffman leaves?
3. What does Doc sneak out of the house with?
4. Lola tells Doc that Marie was with whom last night?
5. Where does Doc hide the bottle of whiskey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Doc's being taken to the hospital for his alcohol abuse problem?
2. How does Bruce offer to treat Lola and Doc when he arrives in town?
3. Why does Lola turn frantic in the kitchen and what action does she take?
4. What does Lola reveal about her history with Doc?
5. Why does the group decide not to go to the hotel for dinner?
6. What does Lola tell Doc that disgusts him?
7. What negative comment does Marie make about the bouquet of lilacs?
8. Who is Mrs. Coffman and what is her relationship with Lola?
9. What irrational behavior does Doc exhibit in his rage toward Lola?
10. Who is Lola and how does she make her entrance into the play?
Alcohol abuse seems to be an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the abuse? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? How does it affect the abusers? How does it affect those impacted by the abusers? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA is a classic escape from reality story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)