|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Doc tell about running into Turk?
2. Why is Doc perturbed when he sees Turk in his living room?
3. Why does Doc think Marie should not be kissing Turk?
4. Why is Lola sad after answering the phone?
5. What does Marie compliment Lola on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marie hurt Lola after Doc just gets her calmed down?
2. What negative comment does Marie make about the bouquet of lilacs?
3. How does the author show that Little Sheba symbolizes the life Lola used to have and still longs for?
4. What is the symbolism of the javelin in Lola's dream?
5. What gesture does Mrs. Coffman extend to Lola while Doc is gone?
6. What happens that makes Doc see the light about Marie?
7. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
8. How does the author show that Lola's attitude about her life has changed?
9. How does Bruce offer to treat Lola and Doc when he arrives in town?
10. What behavioral changes does Lola exhibit in this scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Inge's use of humor in the play. Cite examples of at least two different instances of humor and explain why the author used them where he did.
Essay Topic 2
COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA is a classic escape from reality story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the taboo of pre-marital sex in the 1950s. Compare and contrast pre-marital sex in America during the 1950s to pre-marital sex in America today. What major changes have occurred, both positive and negative?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)