|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Mrs. Coffman about Lola's house?
2. Who is Lola?
3. Where do Marie and Turk plan to study tonight?
4. What does Lola ask Doc to do for Marie and Turk?
5. What does Doc stare at while waiting for Lola to get her coat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doc perpetuate his denial of Marie's loose behavior?
2. Why does Lola turn frantic in the kitchen and what action does she take?
3. What happens that makes Doc see the light about Marie?
4. What does Doc sneak out of the house with while Marie and Lola set the table?
5. What does Lola ask Doc to do after she returns from Mrs. Coffman's house?
6. What does Lola reveal about her history with Doc?
7. Why does the reality of Marie's behavior stir questions about Lola's behavior in Doc's mind?
8. What does Lola talk about that makes Doc irritated?
9. What does Doc hear which makes him leave the house without even telling Lola he is leaving?
10. What is the significance of Marie's sudden departure from Doc and Lola's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alcohol takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in the play. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA is a classic escape from reality story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)