|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lola say she is proud of Doc?
2. Marie makes fun of Lola's ______________.
3. What does Doc hear that prompts him to leave the house?
4. Who is Turk?
5. What does the milkman do before leaving Lola's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gesture does Mrs. Coffman extend to Lola while Doc is gone?
2. What decision does Doc help Lola to make about Little Sheba in her dream?
3. What creates an argument between Doc and Lola early into the play?
4. What is the irony of Doc's being taken to the hospital for his alcohol abuse problem?
5. What does Doc hear which makes him leave the house without even telling Lola he is leaving?
6. How does Doc react to the news that he is going to the hospital?
7. What does Doc sneak out of the house with while Marie and Lola set the table?
8. What irrational behavior does Doc exhibit in his rage toward Lola?
9. Who is Lola and how does she make her entrance into the play?
10. What are Marie's feelings about Turk and Bruce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mrs. Coffman. What is her relationship with Lola and Doc? What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Mrs. Coffman's character in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Lola. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Doc. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)