|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Turk run into while sneaking out of the house?
2. Doc realizes that Marie's ______________ is lost.
3. Who is Lola's neighbor?
4. Which of the following does Lola not tell Marie about her marriage to Doc?
5. How long ago did Doc propose to Lola?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that Little Sheba symbolizes the life Lola used to have and still longs for?
2. What discovery does Lola make as Act 2, Scene 3 begins?
3. What does Lola realize about Doc when he sneaks back into the house?
4. What is the symbolism of the javelin in Lola's dream?
5. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
6. What are Marie's feelings about Turk and Bruce?
7. Why does Lola turn frantic in the kitchen and what action does she take?
8. How does Bruce offer to treat Lola and Doc when he arrives in town?
9. How is Lola deceiving Marie about her telegram?
10. How does Doc react to the news that he is going to the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 2
There is much symbolism in this story regarding Little Sheba. What does Little Sheba symbolize for Julia? What does Little Sheba mean for Doc?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Lola. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)