|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Lola not mention when recalling the past?
2. Turk tells Marie that Doc __________________.
3. What does Lola ask Doc to do when she returns?
4. What does Doc think of Turk?
5. What had Lola suspected Mrs. Coffman of doing at one time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lola's dream symbolize?
2. What does Doc sneak out of the house with while Marie and Lola set the table?
3. Why does Lola turn frantic in the kitchen and what action does she take?
4. What accusations does Doc make about Lola and Marie's men?
5. Who is Lola and how does she make her entrance into the play?
6. How does Doc perpetuate his denial of Marie's loose behavior?
7. What happens that makes Doc see the light about Marie?
8. What vulgar name does Doc call Marie and Lola and why prompts him to do so?
9. How does Doc approach Lola on the issue of the opened telegram?
10. Why does the reality of Marie's behavior stir questions about Lola's behavior in Doc's mind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Lola. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of married women in the 1950s when the women in the novel are living their married lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do the have? What freedoms did they enjoy that 21st century women do not?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Marie. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)