|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lola lavishes compliments on Doc for ______________________.
2. What is Marie expecting from Bruce?
3. What does Doc hear that prompts him to leave the house?
4. What does Doc sneak out of the house with?
5. What does Lola borrow from Mrs. Coffman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the symbolism of the fading lilacs and Lola's fading youth.
2. What irrational behavior does Doc exhibit in his rage toward Lola?
3. How does Doc perpetuate his denial of Marie's loose behavior?
4. What vulgar name does Doc call Marie and Lola and why prompts him to do so?
5. What is the significance of Marie's sudden departure from Doc and Lola's life?
6. How does Lola try to assuage her boredom with the new postman?
7. What does Doc say to Lola and Marie after he encounters Turk sneaking out of Marie's room?
8. How does Lola engage the milkman to stave off her boredom?
9. What is Lola's incentive to clean her house?
10. What does Lola ask Doc to do after she returns from Mrs. Coffman's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in the play. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA is a classic escape from reality story. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 1,378 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)