|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lola want Bruce to see when he arrives?
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Marie help Lola do?
4. Lola tells Doc that Marie was with whom last night?
5. What does Lola complain about in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Coffman and what is her relationship with Lola?
2. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
3. How does Lola engage the milkman to stave off her boredom?
4. What does Lola tell Doc that disgusts him?
5. What happens that makes Doc see the light about Marie?
6. How does Doc perpetuate his denial of Marie's loose behavior?
7. What does Lola reveal about her history with Doc?
8. What behavioral changes does Lola exhibit in this scene?
9. What does Lola realize about Doc when he sneaks back into the house?
10. Describe Lola and Doc's behavior around each other when Doc returns home from the hospital.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mrs. Coffman. What is her relationship with Lola and Doc? What is her role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Mrs. Coffman's character in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Turk and Bruce. What are their roles within the story? What is the trust factor with women? What are the reasons Marie cares for both of these men who are so dramatically different?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the story. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)