|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc sneak out of the house with?
(b) Bottle of whiskey.
2. Which of the following does Turk not do when Marie suggests they do something other than kiss?
(a) Agrees with her.
(b) Gets up to leave.
(c) Gets bored.
(d) Disagrees with her.
3. Who is Lola's neighbor?
(a) Mrs. Conway.
(b) Mrs. Coffman.
(c) Mrs. Conroy.
(d) Mrs. Coughlin.
4. Who comes to Lola's house for a visit?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) Mrs. Coffman.
(d) Her sister.
5. Doc realizes that Marie's ______________ is lost.
(a) Credit card.
(c) Sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marie doing as Act 1, Scene 1 opens?
2. Who is Marie?
3. What does Doc think of Turk?
4. Where do Marie and Turk plan to study tonight?
5. What does Marie help Lola do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What negative comment does Marie make about the bouquet of lilacs?
2. What irrational behavior does Doc exhibit in his rage toward Lola?
3. How does the author use Doc's sneaking the whiskey out under his raincoat as foreshadowing?
4. Why does the reality of Marie's behavior stir questions about Lola's behavior in Doc's mind?
5. How is Lola deceiving Marie about her telegram?
6. How does Doc react to the news that he is going to the hospital?
7. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
8. How is Little Sheba referenced in Lola's dream?
9. What accusations does Doc make about Lola and Marie's men?
10. How does Bruce offer to treat Lola and Doc when he arrives in town?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)