|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Doc hide the bottle of whiskey?
(a) Under his raincoat.
(b) In the glove compartment.
(c) In his briefcase.
(d) Under the bed.
2. Who does Lola invite in for a glass of water?
(b) The postman.
(c) The UPS man.
(d) The meter reader.
3. What was the name of Lola's little dog?
(a) Little Solomon.
(b) Itty Bitty.
(d) Little Sheba.
4. Who is Lola?
(a) Doc's sister.
(b) Marie's mother.
(c) Marie's sister.
(d) Doc's wife.
5. Lola tells Doc that Marie was with whom last night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lola ask Doc to do when she returns?
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What item does Doc find in the kitchen?
4. What does Doc do when Lola tells him about Marie and Turk making out last night?
5. What does Lola complain about in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the symbolism of the fading lilacs and Lola's fading youth.
2. What questions does Lola bombard Doc with about their life together and what is Doc's reply?
3. Why does the group decide not to go to the hotel for dinner?
4. How does Lola try to make the evening as nice as possible for Marie and Bruce?
5. What does Lola talk about that makes Doc irritated?
6. What metaphor does Lola use when she thinks about how the days of her youth have vanished?
7. What does Lola reveal about her history with Doc?
8. What does Lola realize about Doc when he sneaks back into the house?
9. What is Lola's incentive to clean her house?
10. What creates an argument between Doc and Lola early into the play?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)