|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Doc retuning home to get?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A screwdriver.
(c) A soda.
(d) A set of keys.
2. Who leaves the house after Mrs. Coffman leaves?
3. What are Doc's plans for tonight?
(a) Help a struggling alcoholic.
(b) Rotary Club meeting.
4. What does Mrs. Coffman admit to believing about Lola?
(a) She was married before.
(b) She was a hooker.
(c) She did nothing all day.
(d) She comes from a wealthy family.
5. What does Mrs. Coffman now feel for Lola?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Doc doing as Act 1, Scene 1 opens?
2. Doc is in denial about ______________.
3. What is Marie doing as Act 1, Scene 1 opens?
4. Where does Lola want to go tonight?
5. Doc finds that he is no longer able to ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lola turn frantic in the kitchen and what action does she take?
2. How does Doc perpetuate his denial of Marie's loose behavior?
3. What does Lola's dream tell her about letting go of the past and moving forward?
4. What is the irony of Doc's being taken to the hospital for his alcohol abuse problem?
5. Why does the reality of Marie's behavior stir questions about Lola's behavior in Doc's mind?
6. What does Doc sneak out of the house with while Marie and Lola set the table?
7. Why does Lola change her mind about Mrs. Coffman's involvement in Little Sheba's disappearance?
8. What vulgar name does Doc call Marie and Lola and why prompts him to do so?
9. What is the setting and who are the characters which open the play?
10. Explain the symbolism of the fading lilacs and Lola's fading youth.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)