|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Turk not do when Marie suggests they do something other than kiss?
(a) Gets bored.
(b) Agrees with her.
(c) Gets up to leave.
(d) Disagrees with her.
2. Doc is in denial about ______________.
(a) Marie's promiscuity.
(b) Lola's cooking skills.
(c) Turk's intentions.
(d) Bruce's education.
3. Where do Marie and Turk plan to study tonight?
(a) The library.
(b) The den.
(c) The front porch.
(d) Her bedroom.
4. What does Doc think of Turk?
(a) He is taking advantage of Marie.
(b) He will be a great lawyer.
(c) He is a poor excuse for a man.
(d) He is a great scholar.
5. Who is Lola?
(a) Marie's sister.
(b) Doc's sister.
(c) Doc's wife.
(d) Marie's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marie find in her room?
2. Doc finds that he is no longer able to ___________________.
3. Who is Marie drawing for an entry into an art contest?
4. What item does Doc find in the kitchen?
5. Where does Doc hide the bottle of whiskey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lola turn frantic in the kitchen and what action does she take?
2. How does the author show that Little Sheba symbolizes the life Lola used to have and still longs for?
3. What vulgar name does Doc call Marie and Lola and why prompts him to do so?
4. Who is Lola and how does she make her entrance into the play?
5. What does Lola tell Doc that disgusts him?
6. Describe Lola and Doc's behavior around each other when Doc returns home from the hospital.
7. How does Doc know Ed and what does Lola tell Ed?
8. Explain the symbolism of the fading lilacs and Lola's fading youth.
9. How does Mrs. Coffman's opinion of Lola change?
10. How is Lola deceiving Marie about her telegram?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)