|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Lola's little dog?
(a) Itty Bitty.
(b) Little Solomon.
(d) Little Sheba.
2. Which of the following does Lola not tell Marie about her marriage to Doc?
(a) They lost a child.
(b) They had a big country club wedding.
(c) They came into some money.
(d) They married young.
3. Why does Doc think Marie should not be kissing Turk?
(a) He is a married man.
(b) Bruce is coming tomorrow.
(c) He is going steady with someone else.
(d) She is too young.
4. Why does Lola say she is proud of Doc?
(a) He has stopped drinking.
(b) He has a better job.
(c) He has lost a lot of weight.
(d) He started his own business.
5. What are Doc's plans for tonight?
(b) Rotary Club meeting.
(d) Help a struggling alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Doc turns to ___________ for comfort.
2. Doc wonders if Lola _____________________.
3. What is Maria's major area of studies?
4. Who does Turk run into while sneaking out of the house?
5. What does Doc sneak out of the house with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What does Lola realize about Doc when he sneaks back into the house?
3. What discovery does Lola make as Act 2, Scene 3 begins?
4. What is the significance of Marie's sudden departure from Doc and Lola's life?
5. What is the irony of Doc's being taken to the hospital for his alcohol abuse problem?
6. What lie does Lola tell about why Doc cannot be home for dinner?
7. Why does the group decide not to go to the hotel for dinner?
8. Who is Lola and how does she make her entrance into the play?
9. How does Bruce offer to treat Lola and Doc when he arrives in town?
10. Why does Lola turn frantic in the kitchen and what action does she take?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)