|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie help Lola do?
(a) Weed the garden.
(b) Do the laundry.
(c) Go grocery shopping.
(d) Set the table.
2. How long ago did Doc propose to Lola?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. What sport does Turk play?
4. What does Lola ask Doc to do when she returns?
(a) Take out the trash.
(b) Set up the card table.
(c) Make drinks.
(d) Perform card tricks.
5. What does Doc take from Turk before leaving the house?
(a) A whiskey bottle.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The TV remote.
(d) Lola's picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Lola's little dog?
2. Who is Marie drawing for an entry into an art contest?
3. What does Lola do with Marie's telegram?
4. What does Doc promise to do for Lola?
5. Who comes to Lola's house for a visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doc say to Lola and Marie after he encounters Turk sneaking out of Marie's room?
2. What are Marie's feelings about Turk and Bruce?
3. How does Lola try to assuage her boredom with the new postman?
4. What does Lola's dream symbolize?
5. What does Doc say he heard in the house last night?
6. What does Lola talk about that makes Doc irritated?
7. How does the author show that Doc has feelings for Marie?
8. Why does the reality of Marie's behavior stir questions about Lola's behavior in Doc's mind?
9. What does Lola's dream tell her about letting go of the past and moving forward?
10. What decision does Doc help Lola to make about Little Sheba in her dream?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)