|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room does Turk sneak out of?
(a) Marie's room.
(b) The den.
(c) The garage.
(d) The bathroom.
2. Doc finds that he is no longer able to ___________________.
(a) Lie to himself about Marie.
(b) Fit into his army uniform.
(c) Do pushups.
(d) Run a marathon.
3. What do Marie and Turk do that upsets Doc?
(a) Paint in the nude.
(b) Break up.
4. What does Marie suggest she and Turk do instead of kissing all the time?
(c) Discuss books.
5. What is Doc doing as Act 1, Scene 1 opens?
(a) Fixing breakfast.
(b) Reading the paper.
(c) Getting dressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Doc retuning home to get?
2. Lola tells Doc that she had a dream about ______________________.
3. What does Lola say she heard last night?
4. What amazes Mrs. Coffman about Lola's house?
5. Doc is irritated because Lola thinks he was ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the symbolism of the fading lilacs and Lola's fading youth.
2. What happens that makes Doc see the light about Marie?
3. What makes Mrs. Coffman come running into Lola's house?
4. How does Lola try to assuage her boredom with the new postman?
5. What does Lola's dream tell her about letting go of the past and moving forward?
6. Who arrives at the house to help Lola and Mrs. Coffman with Doc?
7. What lie does Lola tell about why Doc cannot be home for dinner?
8. How does Marie hurt Lola after Doc just gets her calmed down?
9. What is the setting for Act 2, Scene 2?
10. How does the author show that Little Sheba symbolizes the life Lola used to have and still longs for?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)