|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Doc hear that prompts him to leave the house?
(a) Turk's coughing.
(b) Turk's laugh.
(c) Turk's snoring.
(d) Turk's swearing.
2. Lola asks Doc if he regrets _________________.
(a) Marrying her.
(b) Fighting with his father.
(c) Taking that trip to Montana.
(d) Not becoming a lawyer.
3. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Back porch.
4. Who is Marie's boyfriend in Cincinnati?
5. What does Lola ask Doc to do when she returns?
(a) Perform card tricks.
(b) Make drinks.
(c) Take out the trash.
(d) Set up the card table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lola call out for after Marie and Turk leave the house?
2. Which of the following does Turk not do when Marie suggests they do something other than kiss?
3. Whose voice does Doc say he heard last night?
4. What item does Lola purchase for the house?
5. Why does Lola say she is proud of Doc?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Doc help Lola to make about Little Sheba in her dream?
2. How does Marie hurt Lola after Doc just gets her calmed down?
3. What does Doc hear which makes him leave the house without even telling Lola he is leaving?
4. What is the symbolism of the javelin in Lola's dream?
5. What metaphor does Lola use when she thinks about how the days of her youth have vanished?
6. Explain the symbolism of the fading lilacs and Lola's fading youth.
7. How does the author show that Little Sheba symbolizes the life Lola used to have and still longs for?
8. What does Doc say he heard in the house last night?
9. What is the significance of Marie's sudden departure from Doc and Lola's life?
10. What is the irony of Doc's being taken to the hospital for his alcohol abuse problem?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)