|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lola spend the day doing in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Cleaning the house.
(b) Watching TV.
2. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(d) Back porch.
3. What room does Turk sneak out of?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The den.
(c) The garage.
(d) Marie's room.
4. Marie makes fun of Lola's ______________.
(a) Hair style.
5. What does Marie find in her room?
(a) A UPS package.
(b) Flowers from Bruce.
(c) The telegram from Bruce.
(d) Folded laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of flowers does Lola pick in Mrs. Coffman's yard?
2. What do Marie and Turk do that upsets Doc?
3. Doc realizes that Marie's ______________ is lost.
4. Who leaves the house after Mrs. Coffman leaves?
5. Who does Doc tell about running into Turk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What metaphor does Lola use when she thinks about how the days of her youth have vanished?
2. What accusations does Doc make about Lola and Marie's men?
3. What is the symbolism of the javelin in Lola's dream?
4. What does Lola reveal about her history with Doc?
5. What does Lola's dream tell her about letting go of the past and moving forward?
6. How do Doc and Lola differ in their opinions of Marie's friend, Turk?
7. What does Lola realize about Doc when he sneaks back into the house?
8. What does Lola talk about that makes Doc irritated?
9. What is the irony of Doc's being taken to the hospital for his alcohol abuse problem?
10. What vulgar name does Doc call Marie and Lola and why prompts him to do so?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)