|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Turk run into while sneaking out of the house?
(c) Mrs. Coffman.
2. Why does Lola say she is proud of Doc?
(a) He has stopped drinking.
(b) He has lost a lot of weight.
(c) He started his own business.
(d) He has a better job.
3. Who is Lola?
(a) Doc's sister.
(b) Doc's wife.
(c) Marie's sister.
(d) Marie's mother.
4. How long ago did Doc propose to Lola?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 20 years.
5. Who does Doc tell about running into Turk?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doc do when Lola tells him about Marie and Turk making out last night?
2. What does Doc hear that prompts him to leave the house?
3. What event puts an end to Doc's denial?
4. What does Marie find in her room?
5. Where do Marie and Turk plan to study tonight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lola's dream symbolize?
2. How do Doc and Lola differ in their opinions of Marie's friend, Turk?
3. What negative comment does Marie make about the bouquet of lilacs?
4. How is Little Sheba referenced in Lola's dream?
5. How does Marie hurt Lola after Doc just gets her calmed down?
6. Why does Lola change her mind about Mrs. Coffman's involvement in Little Sheba's disappearance?
7. What does Lola tell Doc that disgusts him?
8. What is the symbolism of the javelin in Lola's dream?
9. How does Mrs. Coffman's opinion of Lola change?
10. How does Lola engage the milkman to stave off her boredom?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)