|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Lola not mention when recalling the past?
(a) Doc's marriage proposal.
(b) Going skinny dipping with Doc.
(c) Long walks with Doc.
(d) Her first kiss with Doc.
2. Who is Marie's boyfriend in Cincinnati?
3. What does Marie help Lola do?
(a) Set the table.
(b) Go grocery shopping.
(c) Do the laundry.
(d) Weed the garden.
4. Who is Marie drawing for an entry into an art contest?
5. Doc finds that he is no longer able to ___________________.
(a) Do pushups.
(b) Fit into his army uniform.
(c) Run a marathon.
(d) Lie to himself about Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Doc been sober?
2. What time did Marie come home last night?
3. Who does Lola invite in for a glass of water?
4. What amazes Mrs. Coffman about Lola's house?
5. Doc realizes that Marie's ______________ is lost.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that Little Sheba symbolizes the life Lola used to have and still longs for?
2. What are Marie's feelings about Turk and Bruce?
3. What does Lola talk about that makes Doc irritated?
4. What accusations does Doc make about Lola and Marie's men?
5. What does Lola ask Doc to do after she returns from Mrs. Coffman's house?
6. What is the symbolism of the javelin in Lola's dream?
7. Who arrives at the house to help Lola and Mrs. Coffman with Doc?
8. What does Lola realize about Doc when he sneaks back into the house?
9. Explain the symbolism of the fading lilacs and Lola's fading youth.
10. How does Mrs. Coffman's opinion of Lola change?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)