|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Lola purchase for the house?
(a) Coffee table.
(c) Side chairs.
2. What event puts an end to Doc's denial?
(a) Seeing Bruce's diploma.
(b) Hearing Turk's marriage proposal.
(c) Eating another burned meal.
(d) Seeing Turk coming out of the house.
3. When is Bruce expected to arrive?
(a) Next week.
(c) Next month.
4. Who is Marie's boyfriend in Cincinnati?
5. What does Doc take from Turk before leaving the house?
(a) The TV remote.
(b) A whiskey bottle.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) Lola's picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lola borrow from Mrs. Coffman?
2. Doc finds that he is no longer able to ___________________.
3. What does Doc say will make him want a drink?
4. What type of flowers does Lola pick in Mrs. Coffman's yard?
5. Who does Turk run into while sneaking out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use Doc's sneaking the whiskey out under his raincoat as foreshadowing?
2. What does Lola tell Doc that disgusts him?
3. How does Doc perpetuate his denial of Marie's loose behavior?
4. What negative comment does Marie make about the bouquet of lilacs?
5. Describe Lola and Doc's behavior around each other when Doc returns home from the hospital.
6. Who is Mrs. Coffman and what is her relationship with Lola?
7. What are Marie's feelings about Turk and Bruce?
8. What vulgar name does Doc call Marie and Lola and why prompts him to do so?
9. What does Doc say he heard in the house last night?
10. What irrational behavior does Doc exhibit in his rage toward Lola?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)