|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amazes Mrs. Coffman about Lola's house?
(a) It is clean.
(b) Its fireplaces.
(c) Its layout.
(d) Its expensive furniture.
2. What does Lola compliment the milkman on?
(a) His husky body.
(b) His thick hair.
(c) His sense of humor.
(d) His perfect teeth.
3. Which of the following does Turk not do when Marie suggests they do something other than kiss?
(a) Gets up to leave.
(b) Gets bored.
(c) Agrees with her.
(d) Disagrees with her.
4. What does Lola do after Marie and Turk leave the house?
(a) Shuts off all the lights.
(b) Calls for Little Sheba.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Cleans up the kitchen.
5. What does the milkman do before leaving Lola's house?
(a) Clears the drain.
(b) Lights the furnace pilot light.
(c) Opens a stuck window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose voice does Doc say he heard last night?
2. Doc is in denial about ______________.
3. What does Mrs. Coffman now feel for Lola?
4. What does Marie find in her room?
5. Why is Doc perturbed when he sees Turk in his living room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives at the house to help Lola and Mrs. Coffman with Doc?
2. How does Lola try to assuage her boredom with the new postman?
3. What accusations does Doc make about Lola and Marie's men?
4. What vulgar name does Doc call Marie and Lola and why prompts him to do so?
5. Explain the symbolism of the fading lilacs and Lola's fading youth.
6. What does Lola's dream tell her about letting go of the past and moving forward?
7. How does Bruce offer to treat Lola and Doc when he arrives in town?
8. What lie does Lola tell about why Doc cannot be home for dinner?
9. What does Doc say to Lola and Marie after he encounters Turk sneaking out of Marie's room?
10. What does Doc sneak out of the house with while Marie and Lola set the table?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)