|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lola sad after answering the phone?
(a) She gets news of a death.
(b) She gets news of an illness.
(c) She gets news of a divorce.
(d) It is a wrong number.
2. Where does Lola want to go tonight?
(d) A movie.
3. What does Lola do with Marie's telegram?
(a) Puts in on Marie's dresser.
(b) Steams it open.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Tears it up.
4. What sport does Turk play?
5. What item of Marie's does Doc see in the living room?
(a) A makeup bag.
(b) A purse.
(c) A theater program.
(d) A scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Lola's little dog?
2. What does Lola compliment the milkman on?
3. What does Marie suggest she and Turk do instead of kissing all the time?
4. What had Lola suspected Mrs. Coffman of doing at one time?
5. What does Lola want Bruce to see when he arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use Doc's sneaking the whiskey out under his raincoat as foreshadowing?
2. What creates an argument between Doc and Lola early into the play?
3. Explain the symbolism of the fading lilacs and Lola's fading youth.
4. What discovery does Lola make as Act 2, Scene 3 begins?
5. What decision does Doc help Lola to make about Little Sheba in her dream?
6. What makes Mrs. Coffman come running into Lola's house?
7. What does Lola talk about that makes Doc irritated?
8. How does Lola try to assuage her boredom with the new postman?
9. How does Doc know Ed and what does Lola tell Ed?
10. What does Lola realize about Doc when he sneaks back into the house?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)