|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marie doing as Act 1, Scene 1 opens?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Putting on makeup.
(c) Curling her hair.
2. What does Doc promise to do for Lola?
(a) Take her dancing.
(b) Buy her a diamond ring.
(c) Take her to Hawaii.
(d) Find Little Sheba.
3. Who does Lola call out for after Marie and Turk leave the house?
(b) Little Sheba.
(d) Her dead baby.
4. Why does Lola say she is proud of Doc?
(a) He has lost a lot of weight.
(b) He has a better job.
(c) He started his own business.
(d) He has stopped drinking.
5. Why is Lola sad after answering the phone?
(a) It is a wrong number.
(b) She gets news of a death.
(c) She gets news of a divorce.
(d) She gets news of an illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lola lavishes compliments on Doc for ______________________.
2. Who does Lola invite in for a glass of water?
3. How does Doc react to hearing about Marie and Turk making out last night?
4. What is Marie expecting from Bruce?
5. What had Lola suspected Mrs. Coffman of doing at one time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lola turn frantic in the kitchen and what action does she take?
2. Who is Mrs. Coffman and what is her relationship with Lola?
3. What does Doc say he heard in the house last night?
4. What is the irony of Doc's being taken to the hospital for his alcohol abuse problem?
5. What discovery does Lola make as Act 2, Scene 3 begins?
6. How is Lola deceiving Marie about her telegram?
7. Describe the beginning of the dream that Lola has.
8. Who is Lola and how does she make her entrance into the play?
9. What happens that makes Doc see the light about Marie?
10. What does Lola's dream tell her about letting go of the past and moving forward?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)