|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marie find in her room?
(a) Folded laundry.
(b) Flowers from Bruce.
(c) A UPS package.
(d) The telegram from Bruce.
2. Where does Doc hide the bottle of whiskey?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In the glove compartment.
(c) In his briefcase.
(d) Under his raincoat.
3. What is Maria's major area of studies?
4. What does Doc promise to do for Lola?
(a) Buy her a diamond ring.
(b) Take her to Hawaii.
(c) Take her dancing.
(d) Find Little Sheba.
5. Why is Doc perturbed when he sees Turk in his living room?
(a) Turk eats too much.
(b) Turk is too loud.
(c) Turk is half naked.
(d) Turk curses too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Turk not do when Marie suggests they do something other than kiss?
2. What does Lola say Marie and Turk were doing last night?
3. What was the name of Lola's little dog?
4. Which of the following does Lola not tell Marie about her marriage to Doc?
5. What event puts an end to Doc's denial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the reality of Marie's behavior stir questions about Lola's behavior in Doc's mind?
2. What does Doc hear which makes him leave the house without even telling Lola he is leaving?
3. How does the author show that Doc has feelings for Marie?
4. What irrational behavior does Doc exhibit in his rage toward Lola?
5. How does Lola try to make the evening as nice as possible for Marie and Bruce?
6. What questions does Lola bombard Doc with about their life together and what is Doc's reply?
7. What makes Mrs. Coffman come running into Lola's house?
8. What does Lola talk about that makes Doc irritated?
9. What does Lola realize about Doc when he sneaks back into the house?
10. How does Doc know Ed and what does Lola tell Ed?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)