|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Doc tell about running into Turk?
(c) No one.
2. Why does Lola say she is proud of Doc?
(a) He has a better job.
(b) He started his own business.
(c) He has stopped drinking.
(d) He has lost a lot of weight.
3. How does Doc react to hearing about Marie and Turk making out last night?
(d) No reaction.
4. What event puts an end to Doc's denial?
(a) Eating another burned meal.
(b) Hearing Turk's marriage proposal.
(c) Seeing Turk coming out of the house.
(d) Seeing Bruce's diploma.
5. What does Lola complain about in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Not being able to sleep late.
(b) Having to go to work.
(c) Having a migraine.
(d) Having to go grocery shopping.
6. Doc is in denial about ______________.
(a) Turk's intentions.
(b) Marie's promiscuity.
(c) Lola's cooking skills.
(d) Bruce's education.
7. What does Lola ask Doc to do for Marie and Turk?
(a) Take them bowling.
(b) Perform card tricks.
(c) Loan them money for a nice dinner.
(d) Drive them to the movies.
8. What does Doc think of Turk?
(a) He will be a great lawyer.
(b) He is taking advantage of Marie.
(c) He is a great scholar.
(d) He is a poor excuse for a man.
9. What does Doc say will make him want a drink?
(b) Eating salty snacks.
(c) Getting upset.
10. Where does Doc hide the bottle of whiskey?
(a) Under his raincoat.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In his briefcase.
(d) In the glove compartment.
11. What item of Marie's does Doc see in the living room?
(a) A makeup bag.
(b) A purse.
(c) A theater program.
(d) A scarf.
12. What do Marie and Turk do that upsets Doc?
(c) Break up.
(d) Paint in the nude.
13. What is Marie doing as Act 1, Scene 1 opens?
(b) Curling her hair.
(c) Putting on makeup.
(d) Washing dishes.
14. Doc finds that he is no longer able to ___________________.
(a) Fit into his army uniform.
(b) Do pushups.
(c) Run a marathon.
(d) Lie to himself about Marie.
15. What does Marie compliment Lola on?
(a) Her cooking skills.
(b) Her clean house.
(c) Her new dress.
(d) Her new hair style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Lola purchase for the house?
2. What does Mrs. Coffman admit to believing about Lola?
3. Marie makes fun of Lola's ______________.
4. What does Mrs. Coffman now feel for Lola?
5. Who does Lola invite in for a glass of water?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)