|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Lola not mention when recalling the past?
(a) Doc's marriage proposal.
(b) Her first kiss with Doc.
(c) Going skinny dipping with Doc.
(d) Long walks with Doc.
2. What does Doc hear that prompts him to leave the house?
(a) Turk's laugh.
(b) Turk's snoring.
(c) Turk's coughing.
(d) Turk's swearing.
3. What does Mrs. Coffman say when Lola tells her she is still looking for Little Sheba?
(a) Her kids know where the dog is.
(b) Get another dog and move on.
(c) Little Sheba will come home when she's ready.
(d) She will help her look.
4. What type of flowers does Lola pick in Mrs. Coffman's yard?
5. How long ago did Doc propose to Lola?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 20 years.
6. What are Doc's plans for tonight?
(a) Help a struggling alcoholic.
(b) Rotary Club meeting.
7. Where do Marie and Turk plan to study tonight?
(a) The library.
(b) Her bedroom.
(c) The den.
(d) The front porch.
8. Who is Turk?
(a) Lola's brother.
(b) Marie's brother.
(c) Marie's friend.
(d) Doc's best friend.
9. Who comes to Lola's house for a visit?
(a) Mrs. Coffman.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her mother-in-law.
(d) Her sister.
10. Who is Lola?
(a) Doc's wife.
(b) Marie's sister.
(c) Marie's mother.
(d) Doc's sister.
11. What does Lola borrow from Mrs. Coffman?
(b) Silver polish.
12. What item does Doc find in the kitchen?
(a) Road map.
(b) Pot of coffee.
(c) Bottle of whiskey.
(d) Car keys.
13. What time did Marie come home last night?
14. What does Doc do when Lola tells him about Marie and Turk making out last night?
(a) Goes back to sleep.
(b) Talks to Marie.
(c) Finishes reading the newspaper.
(d) Gets up to leave.
15. What does Lola compliment the milkman on?
(a) His husky body.
(b) His thick hair.
(c) His perfect teeth.
(d) His sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Doc react to hearing about Marie and Turk making out last night?
2. What item of Marie's does Doc see in the living room?
3. What does Lola do with Marie's telegram?
4. Whose voice does Doc say he heard last night?
5. What does Lola want Bruce to see when he arrives?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)