|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lola tells Doc that Marie was with whom last night?
2. What does Lola borrow from Mrs. Coffman?
(b) Silver polish.
3. How long ago did Doc propose to Lola?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. Who does Turk run into while sneaking out of the house?
(c) Mrs. Coffman.
5. Lola wants Doc to watch Marie and Turk kiss but Doc refuses because __________________.
(a) He hasn't finished eating dinner.
(b) He thinkis it is mean to spy on people.
(c) He would rather read the newspaper.
(d) He doesn't have time.
6. What is the setting for Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Back porch.
7. Who does Lola invite in for a glass of water?
(a) The postman.
(b) The UPS man.
(c) The meter reader.
8. Who comes to Lola's house for a visit?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother-in-law.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Mrs. Coffman.
9. What does Doc do when Lola tells him about Marie and Turk making out last night?
(a) Goes back to sleep.
(b) Gets up to leave.
(c) Talks to Marie.
(d) Finishes reading the newspaper.
10. Which of the following does Lola not tell Marie about her marriage to Doc?
(a) They lost a child.
(b) They had a big country club wedding.
(c) They came into some money.
(d) They married young.
11. Who is Marie?
(a) The Delaneys' daughter.
(b) The Delaneys' babysitter.
(c) The Delaneys' maid.
(d) The Delaneys' boarder.
12. What item does Doc find in the kitchen?
(a) Pot of coffee.
(b) Road map.
(c) Bottle of whiskey.
(d) Car keys.
13. Lola lavishes compliments on Doc for ______________________.
(a) His brilliance at card tricks.
(b) His physique.
(c) Sense of humor.
(d) His investment skills.
14. Doc finds that he is no longer able to ___________________.
(a) Do pushups.
(b) Lie to himself about Marie.
(c) Run a marathon.
(d) Fit into his army uniform.
15. What was the name of Lola's little dog?
(a) Little Sheba.
(b) Little Solomon.
(c) Itty Bitty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Doc tell about running into Turk?
2. What does Marie compliment Lola on?
3. Who is Turk?
4. What event puts an end to Doc's denial?
5. Why does Lola say she is proud of Doc?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)