|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Fuselier to read Eric's diary for the first time?
2. Of the lawsuits filed, which had the most plausible basis for a judgment against law enforcement officials?
3. How long were the transcripts of the interviews with Dylan's and Eric's parents sealed?
4. Where were David and Linda Sanders planning to retire?
5. What did Eric say in an effort to appear "confessional" when he was confronted about his alcohol use.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident involving the crosses.
2. Why did the idea of the Trench Coat Mafia as a group of shooters become popularly accepted?
3. What were Dylan's beliefs about God and what did he believe God was doing to him personally?
4. What was the discrepancy between what Frank DeAngelo remembered about the first moments of the shooting and what his secretary remembered, and how did the author explain the difference?
5. What did Fuselier say about the dyad?
6. Why did the kids begin referring to the "Columbine Curse?"
7. What did some students believe to be a major problem with the way Mr. DeAngelo ran the school?
8. What was the challenge Patrick faced during his rehabilitation period with regard to speech and what happened when he was given a pen and paper?
9. What piece of evidence did Fuselier discover that led him to the conclusion that Eric and Dylan hadn't targeted individual students and what was it that made that clear to him?
10. What was the discussion behind the families' decision whether to sue the county?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who was Mr. DeAngelo? What was the purpose of the assembly he called at the high school the Friday before prom? What was his response to the shooting? What was his life like after the shooting?
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the myths that arose following the shooting. Why were some of these myths perpetrated? Why did the public seize the ideas that Dylan and Eric were Goth, were picked on, and were targeting specific kids as victims? What was wrong with those ideas?
Essay Topic 3
What was the popular myth circulated about Cassie Bernall's death? What was the truth? Why did the churches continue to tell the myth as fact? What were the reactions of her parents both to the myth and to the truth?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)