|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Brad Bernall sit watching the scene at Columbine the night after the shooting?
2. What did the science teacher tell the students in Science Room 3 who were taking a chemistry test?
3. What kind of truck was used to get near the school to rescue Patrick?
4. Why was Mr. D. absent from the lunchroom when the A lunch group arrived?
5. Why did the police ask the media to stop showing live footage of the scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Patrick's injuries and how did he get out of the school?
2. List two of the questions police asked Robyn and her answer to those questions.
3. What did police realize the danger was when dozens of students rushed to them for protection and how did they address that?
4. Why was FBI Special Agent Dwayne Fuselier "on edge" the Monday after the prom?
5. How did Danny Rohrbough die?
6. What were some of the things people believed caused Dylan and Eric to shoot their classmates and where did Dylan and Eric fall on that list of causes?
7. What had been Dylan and Eric's previous encounter with the law that made their names appear in the juvenile justice database?
8. List three aspects of Dylan's appearance.
9. Who was Mr. DeAngelo and what were his instructions to the students at Columbine High School on the Friday before prom?
10. Describe Brian Rohrbough's method of discovering Danny was dead and his reaction.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the media's role in the situation? How did the fact that most kids had cell phones affect the situation? What were the challenges the media faced with regard to interviewing kids who had been in the school at the time? What, according to the author, was the biggest mistake the media made? The students blocked the majority of media coverage from the opening of the renovated school building. Why? Were they within their rights?
Essay Topic 2
What was the official response to the shooting? Who was initially in charge? What was the situation at the scene in the moments after the shooting was reported? What changed about police protocol after the Columbine shooting?
Essay Topic 3
What was the popular myth circulated about Cassie Bernall's death? What was the truth? Why did the churches continue to tell the myth as fact? What were the reactions of her parents both to the myth and to the truth?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)