|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the one thing Mr. DeAngelo insisted on and would enforce even at lunchtime?
2. Where was the Columbine prom being held?
3. Where did Dylan and Brooks meet?
4. What kind of timers had Eric and Dylan used on the bombs in the lunch room?
5. What did the attorney tell the Klebolds they should expect?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. DeAngelo's reaction when the students began applauding as he took the podium at the Light of the World Catholic Church.
2. What happened to Tom and Sue Klebold on the afternoon and evening after the shooting, and what did their lawyer tell them?
3. List two of the questions police asked Robyn and her answer to those questions.
4. What had been Dylan and Eric's previous encounter with the law that made their names appear in the juvenile justice database?
5. What did detectives find in the bedrooms of Dylan and Eric and what was different about the findings in the two?
6. Describe the area known as "the commons," including its purpose.
7. Who was Mr. DeAngelo and what were his instructions to the students at Columbine High School on the Friday before prom?
8. What was the Trench Coat Mafia and how did Dylan and Eric fit into that group?
9. What was Wayne Harris' attitude about punishment?
10. What were the options available to the students who rushed from the school as soon as the shooting began and where did most go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the media's role in the situation? How did the fact that most kids had cell phones affect the situation? What were the challenges the media faced with regard to interviewing kids who had been in the school at the time? What, according to the author, was the biggest mistake the media made? The students blocked the majority of media coverage from the opening of the renovated school building. Why? Were they within their rights?
Essay Topic 2
What was the popular myth circulated about Cassie Bernall's death? What was the truth? Why did the churches continue to tell the myth as fact? What were the reactions of her parents both to the myth and to the truth?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Dylan and Eric. How were the two similar? How were they different? Include information about their backgrounds, likes, dislikes and the reason they played well as a dyad.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)