|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Dylan's parents when he left the house?
2. What was the message of the sign from the Science Room window?
3. How many bombs were found in the school after the shooting?
4. What was the name of the pizza place where Eric and Dylan worked?
5. What did Eric and Dylan say when students questioned them about the large duffel bags they used to carry the bombs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Patrick's injuries and how did he get out of the school?
2. What was Wayne Harris' attitude about punishment?
3. How did District Attorney Dave Thomas know who the victims were and what information did he give the parents of those victims that afternoon?
4. Briefly describe the three acts of Dylan and Eric's plans for Judgment Day.
5. Why was FBI Special Agent Dwayne Fuselier "on edge" the Monday after the prom?
6. Describe the area known as "the commons," including its purpose.
7. What happened to Tom and Sue Klebold on the afternoon and evening after the shooting, and what did their lawyer tell them?
8. Describe Dave Sanders' time at the Columbine Lounge, how he was different from most of the men there, and what was important to him.
9. What did detectives find in the bedrooms of Dylan and Eric and what was different about the findings in the two?
10. Describe Dylan's heritage, his and how this might have affected his reaction to Eric's attitudes about Jews and Hitler.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the healing process for at least four members of the community. What were the challenges, the time frames, and the methods? Which do you believe exhibited the most effective methods of healing?
Essay Topic 2
What was the official response to the shooting? Who was initially in charge? What was the situation at the scene in the moments after the shooting was reported? What changed about police protocol after the Columbine shooting?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Mr. DeAngelo? What was the purpose of the assembly he called at the high school the Friday before prom? What was his response to the shooting? What was his life like after the shooting?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)