|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT one of the questions investigators faced after the four-hour meeting at the high school at the end of the week following the shooting?
(a) How had the killers gotten the guns?
(b) Who had conspired to help them?
(c) How had they gotten the bombs in the school?
(d) How could the Klebolds and Harrises be held accountable?
2. Why did doctors decide not to operate on Patrick's foot?
(a) They believed he would never walk anyway.
(b) His parents refused consent.
(c) There was nothing they could do to save it.
(d) They believed he wouldn't survive another surgery.
3. How did Kevin suggest Dave be taken out of the room?
(a) Carried, with a table as a stretcher.
(b) Pulled on a rug.
(c) Carried on a window curtain.
(d) He believes Dave can walk.
4. What, according to the author, was the fatal mistake reporters made when questioning students?
(a) That they didn't have parental consent to talk to students.
(b) That the students were too traumatized to be good witnesses.
(c) That they didn't understand teen language.
(d) That they treated every student as an eye witness.
5. How did the trench coats become popular at Columbine?
(a) A boy wore one for a Halloween costume.
(b) Several of the jocks began wearing them.
(c) A rock band wore them during a local concert.
(d) Dylan's parents bought him one and the girls liked it.
6. What was the basis for the Klebold's lawsuit against the sheriff's department?
(a) They should have been notified of the death threats the police investigted.
(b) Police should have notified the Klebolds before releasing his name to the media.
(c) Police should not have released Dylan's name as one of the killers.
(d) Police should have kept Dylan from killing himself.
7. How long did it take for the first SWAT team to enter the school building?
(a) Just more than ten minutes.
(b) Just less than twenty minutes.
(c) Almost three hours.
(d) Forty-seven minutes.
8. What was Eric's reaction when the Marines determined he was ineligible for duty?
(a) He'd been relieved.
(b) He'd been furious.
(c) He'd been ecstatic.
(d) He'd never known.
9. What did Bob say was his reason for wanting to meet with the parents of Eric and Dylan?
(a) To decide if he should sue them.
(b) To learn about Dylan and Eric before the shootings.
(c) To find out why their sons went crazy.
(d) To relieve them of blame.
10. Why did the author believe Dylan had that story in the car with him on the day of the murders?
(a) He was supposed to turn it in that day.
(b) He'd wanted to read it to bolster his courage.
(c) He'd wanted to leave it to explain why he'd killed.
(d) He had just gotten it back from his teacher.
11. How did Brooks Brown know about the threats against Brooks Eric posted on his website?
(a) A teacher found the posts and alerted police.
(b) Dylan told him about them, prompting Brooks to look.
(c) Brooks checked Eric's website daily.
(d) Eric tagged Brooks, prompting him to look.
12. What did Eric's website encourage people to do to Brooks?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Turn him in to police.
(c) Harass him.
(d) Vandalize his car.
13. What color was the van Dylan and Eric broke into in order to steal the electronics?
14. What did Misty decide to call the book she planned to write about Cassie?
(a) She said Yes; The Unlikely Martyrdom of Cassie Bernall.
(b) She said Yes; The Death of my Baby, Cassie Bernall.
(c) She said Yes; The Last Words of Cassie Bernall.
(d) She sid Yes; The Failure of Christianity to Save Cassie Bernll.
15. What was the Biblical quote Brian Rohrbrough included on his memorial to Patrick?
(a) This do in remembrance of me.
(b) I will fear no evil for God is with me.
(c) There is no peace for the wicked.
(d) The meek shall inherit the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brought in $300,000 for the Clement Park memorial?
2. What was Cassie reading in the moments before her death?
3. What was the slogan many students put on t-shirts in answer to the question, "How do you feel?"
4. In Chapter 29, the author described "missions" Eric, Dylan, and Zack carried out. Who chose the targets of those missions?
5. Where was Val when she was shot?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)