|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the initials the football team wore on their helmets?
(a) We will never forget.
(b) We will never quit.
(c) MJK for shooting victim Matthew Ketcher.
(d) We will always remember.
2. Why did doctors decide not to operate on Patrick's foot?
(a) They believed he wouldn't survive another surgery.
(b) There was nothing they could do to save it.
(c) His parents refused consent.
(d) They believed he would never walk anyway.
3. How did the trench coats become popular at Columbine?
(a) Several of the jocks began wearing them.
(b) A rock band wore them during a local concert.
(c) A boy wore one for a Halloween costume.
(d) Dylan's parents bought him one and the girls liked it.
4. How long did it take for the first SWAT team to enter the school building?
(a) Almost three hours.
(b) Just less than twenty minutes.
(c) Forty-seven minutes.
(d) Just more than ten minutes.
5. What was Dylan's teacher's reaction to Dylan's story about shooting up the school?
(a) She put it down to a creative mind.
(b) She gave him a "D" and said it sounded like a movie she'd seen.
(c) She entered it in a state contest.
(d) She contacted his parents and his guidance counselor.
6. What did trauma experts say should be the goal of the renovations to the high school?
(a) To make dramatic changes all over the school.
(b) To leave evertthing as it was.
(c) To raze the school and rebuild from the ground.
(d) To make subtle changes except in the library.
7. What did Eric say in an effort to appear "confessional" when he was confronted about his alcohol use.
(a) That he believed he would die if he tasted it.
(b) That he had tasted it but didn't like it.
(c) That he was addicted.
(d) That he'd never tried it at all.
8. What was the Biblical quote Brian Rohrbrough included on his memorial to Patrick?
(a) I will fear no evil for God is with me.
(b) This do in remembrance of me.
(c) The meek shall inherit the earth.
(d) There is no peace for the wicked.
9. Who was Brenda?
(a) A woman Eric went out with.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A woman Dylan went out with.
(d) A woman who worked at the pizza place with Dylan and Eric.
10. Who was the person Eric had the most difficulty fooling with his various acts?
(a) Mr. DeAngelo.
(b) Wayne Harris.
(c) Dave Sanders.
11. What advice did Brad and Misty get when they discovered the letters in Cassie's room that spoke of sex and violence?
(a) To get tough.
(b) To ignore them.
(c) To put Cassie in a hospital.
(d) To take it to the police.
12. Why did Dylan and Eric decide to simply walk into the lunch room with the bombs?
(a) They actually hid them the previous night.
(b) They couldn't figure out an alternative.
(c) They hoped someone would stop them.
(d) They hoped seeing the bags would send kids running outside.
13. What did Dylan write about in his diary almost exclusively up to the final week before the shootings?
(a) His desire to kill.
(d) How much he hates everyone.
14. What did Eric name his shotgun?
15. Why was the affidavit to search Eric's home based on the Browns' complaints never served?
(a) It was never taken to a judge for approval.
(b) It lacked sufficient evidence and was denied.
(c) No one was home and officers never returned.
(d) It wsa served but nothing was found.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the item Brooks and his friend had "taken hostage" after Eric dented the trunk of one car and broke the windshield of another?
2. Why did the author believe Dylan had that story in the car with him on the day of the murders?
3. What did Craig Scott have that he feared would make him one of Dylan and Eric's victims?
4. In Chapter 29, the author described "missions" Eric, Dylan, and Zack carried out. Who chose the targets of those missions?
5. What happened to break up the friendship between Zack, Dylan and Eric?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)