|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Eric used as a journal?
(a) A legal pad.
(b) A loose-leaf binder.
(c) A small leather-bound journal.
(d) A spiral notebook.
2. What was the slogan many students put on t-shirts in answer to the question, "How do you feel?"
(a) Never better.
(b) Bite me.
(c) I'm fine.
(d) Leave me alone.
3. What did Dylan write about in his diary almost exclusively up to the final week before the shootings?
(a) How much he hates everyone.
(b) His desire to kill.
4. What did Eric call his journal?
(a) The Book of God.
(b) The Book of Eric.
(c) Between God and Eric.
(d) The Word According to Eric.
5. What had investigators John Hicks and Mike Guerra discovered at Eric's house when they were investigating a complaint from the Browns?
(c) Stolen electronics.
(d) A pipe bomb.
6. What advice did Brad and Misty get when they discovered the letters in Cassie's room that spoke of sex and violence?
(a) To take it to the police.
(b) To put Cassie in a hospital.
(c) To get tough.
(d) To ignore them.
7. What was Eric's reaction when the Marines determined he was ineligible for duty?
(a) He'd never known.
(b) He'd been relieved.
(c) He'd been furious.
(d) He'd been ecstatic.
8. Why did Dylan and Eric decide to simply walk into the lunch room with the bombs?
(a) They actually hid them the previous night.
(b) They hoped someone would stop them.
(c) They couldn't figure out an alternative.
(d) They hoped seeing the bags would send kids running outside.
9. What was the animal that captured the attention of a Japanese film crew shooting a documentary about the massacre six months after the shootings?
(a) Prairie dogs.
10. What did Eric say in an effort to appear "confessional" when he was confronted about his alcohol use.
(a) That he'd never tried it at all.
(b) That he had tasted it but didn't like it.
(c) That he believed he would die if he tasted it.
(d) That he was addicted.
11. What, according to the author, was the fatal mistake reporters made when questioning students?
(a) That they didn't understand teen language.
(b) That they didn't have parental consent to talk to students.
(c) That the students were too traumatized to be good witnesses.
(d) That they treated every student as an eye witness.
12. Why were there two hundred doves released at the service dedicating the memorial?
(a) It represented the lives touched by those who died.
(b) It was an arbitrary number for "everyone else."
(c) There was a hundred each for Dylan and Patrick, to promote forgiveness.
(d) One for every school shooting everywhere.
13. How much money did Mark Manes make on the sale of the TEC-9 he sold to Dylan?
(a) Nine dollars.
(b) Two hundred and eighty-three dollars.
(c) More than four hundred dollars.
(d) A hundred and fifty dollars.
14. What did Bree Pasquale say about the shooters' targets?
(a) That they were all Christians.
(b) That they were colored, wore white hats, or played sports.
(c) That they were completely random.
(d) That they were all popular kids who picked on Dylan and Eric.
15. What Biblical character did Dylan compare himself to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dylan and Eric ignore more than thirty students hiding in the library that would have been easy victims?
2. What was Mr. DeAngelo doing when he learned there were shots being fired?
3. What did Eric do when he became bored with the images on the Doom game?
4. What did trauma experts say should be the goal of the renovations to the high school?
5. What did Eric name his shotgun?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)