|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were there two hundred doves released at the service dedicating the memorial?
(a) One for every school shooting everywhere.
(b) There was a hundred each for Dylan and Patrick, to promote forgiveness.
(c) It was an arbitrary number for "everyone else."
(d) It represented the lives touched by those who died.
2. What did Eric's website encourage people to do to Brooks?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Vandalize his car.
(c) Turn him in to police.
(d) Harass him.
3. What was the item Brooks and his friend had "taken hostage" after Eric dented the trunk of one car and broke the windshield of another?
(a) A laptop.
(b) A term paper.
(c) A backpack.
(d) A set of keys.
4. Which of the following was not one of the things that impressed Jefco Magistrate John DeVita when he heard evidence against Dylan and Eric for breaking into the van?
(a) That they were well dressed.
(b) That they had straight A's on their report cards.
(c) That their fathers were with them.
(d) That they were polite.
5. What was Mr. DeAngelo's mission the year after the shooting?
(a) To atone for his failure to the victims.
(b) To get the freshman class through graduation.
(c) To atone for his failure to Dylan and Eric.
(d) To keep the school safe from another attack.
6. Which of the following was not on Dylan's list of "pros" as he listed them two years prior to the shooting?
(a) A home.
(c) A nice family.
7. What was Mr. DeAngelo doing when he learned there were shots being fired?
(a) About to offer a teacher a job.
(b) Disciplining a student.
(c) Talking to an angry parent.
(d) Working on a report for the board of education.
8. What did Eric name his shotgun?
9. How much money did Mark Manes make on the sale of the TEC-9 he sold to Dylan?
(a) Nine dollars.
(b) A hundred and fifty dollars.
(c) Two hundred and eighty-three dollars.
(d) More than four hundred dollars.
10. Why did Dylan and Eric ignore more than thirty students hiding in the library that would have been easy victims?
(a) They were bored.
(b) They were avoiding their friends.
(c) They were busy shooting at deputies.
(d) They didn't see them.
11. Which of the following was NOT one of the questions investigators faced after the four-hour meeting at the high school at the end of the week following the shooting?
(a) Who had conspired to help them?
(b) How had the killers gotten the guns?
(c) How could the Klebolds and Harrises be held accountable?
(d) How had they gotten the bombs in the school?
12. What did Eric call his journal?
(a) The Book of Eric.
(b) The Word According to Eric.
(c) The Book of God.
(d) Between God and Eric.
13. Who was the first family to file a lawsuit?
(a) The family of Cassie Bernall.
(b) The family of Isaiah Shoels.
(c) The family of Dylan Klebold.
(d) The family of Patrick Ireland.
14. Who brought in $300,000 for the Clement Park memorial?
(a) Sheryl Crow.
(b) Johnny Depp.
(c) Bill Clinton.
(d) Barack Obama.
15. What was Judy Brown's response when Wayne Harris said Eric had confessed to being afraid of her?
(a) That Eric had attacked her car.
(b) That Eric is a liar.
(c) That she was calling the police.
(d) That she'd never done anything to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author believe Dylan had that story in the car with him on the day of the murders?
2. Which of the following was NOT on Eric's "to do" list created a month before the shooting?
3. What caused Patrick to start crying for the first time after the shooting?
4. Eric settled for making plans to destroy a high school, but what was his real desire?
5. In Chapter 29, the author described "missions" Eric, Dylan, and Zack carried out. Who chose the targets of those missions?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)