|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of truck was used to get near the school to rescue Patrick?
(a) A wrecker.
(b) A Loomis armored truck.
(c) A fire truck.
(d) A garbage truck.
2. How long did the shooting outside the library last?
(a) Forty-three minutes.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Twenty-four minutes.
3. Why did deputies believe it was necessary to get the large group of students gathered near police cars farther away?
(a) They feared the gunman was hiding in the group.
(b) The large group made a good target.
(c) They weren't equipped to take statements.
(d) They feared the injured kids might die.
4. What did the janitor tell Sean to do?
(b) Be very still and pray.
(c) Pretend to be dead.
(d) Crawl into a closet and hide.
5. What was the message Kathy got about Patrick when she returned home?
(a) That he was dead.
(b) That he'd been taken to a hospital.
(c) That he probably wouldn't survive.
(d) That he was safe.
6. What was the distinction about Isaiah Shoels?
(a) He was the only African-American victim.
(b) He was the only boy killed in the library.
(c) He was tortured before he was killed.
(d) He was the last to be identified.
7. What did Eric and Dylan say when students questioned them about the large duffel bags they used to carry the bombs?
(a) They said they had bombs and everyone thought it was a joke.
(b) No one questioned them.
(c) They said it was a science experiment.
(d) They said they had equipment for gym class.
8. Where did Dylan and Brooks meet?
(a) In Little League.
(b) In Cub Scouts.
(c) In the gifted program.
(d) At church.
9. How many bombs were found in the school after the shooting?
(a) Almost a hundred.
(c) About eight.
(d) A dozen.
10. What did everyone believe Dylan was going to do after high school?
(a) Be a complete failure.
(b) Become a computer engineer.
(c) Become a writer.
(d) Join the military.
11. What religion was Dylan's mom?
12. What kind of timers had Eric and Dylan used on the bombs in the lunch room?
(b) Precision digital counters.
(c) Digital watches.
(d) Egg timers.
13. Where did Brad Bernall sit watching the scene at Columbine the night after the shooting?
(a) The street in front of the high school.
(b) The parking lot of the high school.
(c) The park near the high school.
(d) The roof of his house.
14. What was Columbine High School named for?
(a) A city.
(b) A flower.
(c) A bird.
(d) A county.
15. How many law enforcement agencies were present within an hour of the beginning of the attack?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Coach Sanders do that made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches special?
2. Why was Mr. D. absent from the lunchroom when the A lunch group arrived?
3. Where did many of the kids go to get away from their homes and families?
4. What was the area the students referred to as "the commons"?
5. Why did Cassie Bernall transfer to Columbine?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)