|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the hooded figure, what will Twoflower and Rincewind's lives be like when the vessel arrives?
(a) Dangerous and short.
(b) Comfortable, but short.
(c) Dangerous, but long.
(d) Comfortable and long.
2. Who is the old man sitting in a room full of magical energy in Wrymberg?
3. What does Rincewind realize about the field the three travelers stop to rest in?
(a) It is a sheltered field.
(b) It is an unprotected field.
(c) It is a highly magical field.
(d) It is a highly dangerous field.
4. Why is Rincewind skeptical about riding the dragon to Wyrmberg?
(a) Because Rincewind can read the dragon's mind.
(b) Because Rincewind can see right through the dragon.
(c) Because Rincewind doesn't believe in dragons.
(d) Because Rincewind doesn't trust the dragon rider.
5. What is the name of the hooded figure in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ajandurah's Wand of Utter Negativity?
2. What happens to the slave ship after Twoflower and Rincewind escape from it?
3. As Rincewind and Twoflower are trying to escape from the dragons, why does Rincewind yell at Twoflower to keep going?
4. With only thirty minutes left before the vessel's launch, what is one of the Master Launchcontroller's concerns?
5. Why does Liartes' dragon disappear during the mortal combat?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the novel, while Rincewind wants to get off the ship, Twoflower wants to stay aboard. Why?
2. Why does the city of Krull have a very nautical feel to it?
3. As Rincewind flies into the cavern full of dragons amidst the armed guards, what does Kring tell Rincewind?
4. Having been challenged to a fight, both of the brother combatants can choose their own weapons. What do they choose and why?
5. How does Twoflower escape from his cell?
6. What happens when Hrun tosses a coin into the air as the travelers are resting in the field?
7. As Death sits in his garden sharpening his scythe, why does Death no longer feel the need to chase Rincewind and Twoflower?
8. What is the reward Goldeneyes has been promised for building the fish-shaped craft?
9. Why do Rincewind and Twoflower seek refuge on the ship in Chapter 4?
10. How does the troll at the Edge of Discworld furnish his home and obtain most of his belongings?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)