|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the alternate universe, who is Rincewind?
(a) An airplane pilot.
(b) A chef.
(c) A bachelor.
(d) A tour guide.
2. Why can Rincewind not summon a dragon?
(a) Rincewind is not powerful enough.
(b) Rincewind doesn't believe in dragons.
(c) Rincewind doesn't know the appropriate magical spell.
(d) Rincewind isn't concentrating hard enough.
3. What is Ajandurah's Wand of Utter Negativity?
(a) The most prized magical possession in the land.
(b) A dangerous and devious creation of the Soul Eater.
(c) The reason behind Rincewind's mood.
(d) The silver rod that the hooded figure is carrying.
4. According to the hooded figure, what will Twoflower and Rincewind's lives be like when the vessel arrives?
(a) Comfortable and long.
(b) Comfortable, but short.
(c) Dangerous and short.
(d) Dangerous, but long.
5. Who does Hrun challenge to mortal combat?
(a) Liartes and Wrym.
(b) Liartes and Rincewind.
(c) Lio!rt and Liartes.
(d) Lio!rt and Wrym.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rincewind realize about the field the three travelers stop to rest in?
2. What is the name of the vessel about to be launched at the end of the book?
3. What is the name of Twoflower's dragon?
4. Twoflower wishes he had something as the two men near the Edge. What does Twoflower wish he had?
5. Who is the old man sitting in a room full of magical energy in Wrymberg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reward Goldeneyes has been promised for building the fish-shaped craft?
2. According to the Loremaster, what must happen before a succession can occur?
3. How does Twoflower escape from his cell?
4. When Rincewind rescues Hrun's sword from the tree the sword is stuck in, what does the sword tell Rincewind?
5. Having been challenged to a fight, both of the brother combatants can choose their own weapons. What do they choose and why?
6. As the vessel lifts off to return Rincewind and Twoflower to Krull, why is Twoflower unworried?
7. How does the troll at the Edge of Discworld furnish his home and obtain most of his belongings?
8. Why does the city of Krull have a very nautical feel to it?
9. After completing the mortal combat and as Hrun is taking the wine cup from Liessa, he suddenly disappears. Why?
10. As Rincewind flies into the cavern full of dragons amidst the armed guards, what does Kring tell Rincewind?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)