|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Death pulls back his hood, who is actually revealed under the cape?
2. How are Rincewind and Twoflower being picked up from the Edge?
(a) By the salvage fleet.
(b) By a slave ship.
(c) By a flyer.
(d) By a space ship.
3. In the alternate universe, who is Rincewind?
(a) A chef.
(b) A bachelor.
(c) An airplane pilot.
(d) A tour guide.
4. Who are the three characters that take refuge inside the ship when the arrows start flying just before the ship is scheduled to be launched?
(a) Twoflower, Rincewind, and Tethis.
(b) Twoflower, Rincewind, and Hrun.
(c) Twoflower, Hrun, and Luggage.
(d) Twoflower, Luggage, and Rincewind.
5. Who challenges Rincewind to mortal combat?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rincewind learn that the area he is entering on the back of a dragon is full of magic?
2. Who is summoned by Rincewind in Chapter 4 to explain to Rincewind why he and Twoflower have been chosen for their future role?
3. What is the name of the hooded figure in Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of Twoflower's dragon?
5. Why does the young man challenging Rincewind to combat assume that Rincewind has come looking to fight him as well?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the troll at the Edge of Discworld furnish his home and obtain most of his belongings?
2. Why does the client maim Goldeneyes after Goldeneyes completes each job?
3. Why does the city of Krull have a very nautical feel to it?
4. What happens when Hrun tosses a coin into the air as the travelers are resting in the field?
5. As Death sits in his garden sharpening his scythe, why does Death no longer feel the need to chase Rincewind and Twoflower?
6. Why does the captain of the ship that rescued Twoflower and Rincewind tell his men to get into the raft and set the ship on fire?
7. What is the reward Goldeneyes has been promised for building the fish-shaped craft?
8. According to the Loremaster, what must happen before a succession can occur?
9. As the vessel lifts off to return Rincewind and Twoflower to Krull, why is Twoflower unworried?
10. How are the dragons Twoflower sees in Wyrmberg different from the dragons that Twoflower imagined as a child?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)