|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Twoflower and Rincewind's boat comes to a stop just before going over the Edge. What stops the boat from going over the Edge?
(a) The alternate universe.
(b) The Circumfence.
(d) The current.
2. How are Rincewind and Twoflower being picked up from the Edge?
(a) By a flyer.
(b) By the salvage fleet.
(c) By a slave ship.
(d) By a space ship.
3. As Rincewind and Twoflower are trying to escape from the dragons, why does Rincewind yell at Twoflower to keep going?
(a) Because Twoflower still hasn't learned to ride well.
(b) Because Twoflower has always longed to see dragons.
(c) Because Twoflower is tired.
(d) Because Twoflower is trying to capture a dragon of his own.
4. When the Rincewind and Twoflower return to the Discworld universe, Luggage also splashes down with them. What does Luggage have?
(a) Maps of the United States.
(b) Additional gold.
(c) A TWA sticker.
(d) A plane ticket.
5. Which of the combatants does not use a dragon in the mortal combat that Hrun has challenged?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are using proxies allowed in the succession battle?
2. While Twoflower and Rincewind are being held captive in the palace they were taken to from the vessel, a hut is smashed to pieces by Luggage. Who owns that hut?
3. In the alternate universe, who is Rincewind?
4. How does Rincewind learn that the area he is entering on the back of a dragon is full of magic?
5. With only thirty minutes left before the vessel's launch, what is one of the Master Launchcontroller's concerns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rincewind tell Twoflower not to worry about the Luggage when Twoflower assumes that the Luggage will be lost to him forever?
2. What is the hooded figure's reply when Rincewind mocks him as Twoflower and Rincewind are boarding the vessel?
3. How does the troll at the Edge of Discworld furnish his home and obtain most of his belongings?
4. At the end of the novel, while Rincewind wants to get off the ship, Twoflower wants to stay aboard. Why?
5. How are the dragons Twoflower sees in Wyrmberg different from the dragons that Twoflower imagined as a child?
6. Having been challenged to a fight, both of the brother combatants can choose their own weapons. What do they choose and why?
7. Why is Greicha not dead yet, even though he is old and Liessa has already killed him?
8. As Rincewind flies into the cavern full of dragons amidst the armed guards, what does Kring tell Rincewind?
9. As Death sits in his garden sharpening his scythe, why does Death no longer feel the need to chase Rincewind and Twoflower?
10. After completing the mortal combat and as Hrun is taking the wine cup from Liessa, he suddenly disappears. Why?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)