|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two characters are watching the city burn from the hillside overlooking the village. Which of these two men is a swordsman?
2. What does Gorphal advise the Patrician to do regarding Twoflower?
(a) Contact Rincewind.
(b) Contact the Assassin's Guild.
(c) Contact the Grand Vizier.
(d) Contact Twoflower.
3. What is the name of the alternate world the story is set in?
4. When Rincewind finally finds Twoflower, where is he?
(a) On the hilltop.
(b) At Withel's house.
(c) At Ymor's lair.
(d) At the Broken Drum.
5. Why does Zlorf refuse to answer Ymor's question regarding who hired Zlorf?
(a) He refuses because it's none of Ymor's business.
(b) He refuses to protect Ymor's true nature.
(c) He refuses because he was hired anonymously.
(d) He refuses due to professional etiquette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Twoflower's ship dock?
2. In the game the gods are playing which god is playing two pieces that resemble Rincewind and Twoflower?
3. What does Rincewind offer to do in exchange for some chicken?
4. While together on the hilltop overlooking the twin cities, what does Weasel steal from Twoflower?
5. The creature at the very bottom of the alternate world's support system is a great turtle. What is the great turtle's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the two men on the hillside know that the two riders have come from the burning cities?
2. After the skirmish with Withel, Rincewind tries to escape from Twoflower's employ. What prevents Rincewind from jumping into the river and escaping?
3. What does Rincewind call the type of magic that is protecting the animal-like creature in Chapter 1?
4. Why did the researchers lower an instrument over the Edge?
5. Why is it so hard to determine the most impressive sight in Discworld?
6. What is the agreement between Ymor and Zlorf?
7. While Rincewind is struggling to escape the Luggage, what does the imp tell Rincewind?
8. Why does Twoflower pack water in the Luggage for his trip?
9. As the fire is burning at the beginning of the Chapter One, why are the citizens demolishing bridges?
10. Name three of the gods who are playing the board game.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)