|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Rincewind hurries through Morpork to reach Twoflower at the Broken Drum, who does Rincewind bump into?
(b) The Patrician.
2. Who buys one of Twoflower's policies?
3. What is Rimbow?
(a) An eight-colored rainbow.
(b) A nine-colored rainbow.
(c) A seven-colored rainbow.
(d) A twelve-colored rainbow.
4. What does Rincewind do when he reaches the Broken Drum?
(a) Charges headlong into the fight.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Changes his mind.
(d) Throws a bag of gold through the window.
5. How do the researchers initially conduct their research regarding the great turtle?
(a) They use video footage.
(b) They lower researchers over the Edge.
(c) They use listening devices.
(d) They conduct seismic studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one magical quality about a needle made from octiron?
2. Who does Rincewind see in the images formed by the dryads' old world magic?
3. Why does Rincewind take most of the pictures during the tour of the city with Twoflower?
4. What does Rincewind offer to do in exchange for some chicken?
5. When Rincewind becomes distracted at how to find Twoflower because Rincewind is hungry, what does Rincewind find inside of the Luggage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two men sitting on the hillside discussing as they watch the fire burn?
2. Why does Twoflower pack water in the Luggage for his trip?
3. After the skirmish with Withel, Rincewind tries to escape from Twoflower's employ. What prevents Rincewind from jumping into the river and escaping?
4. What does the bronze octagon on Rincewind's clothing signify?
5. Name three of the gods who are playing the board game.
6. Why is Rincewind not a practicing wizard?
7. During the game, Fate reminds the other player not to cheat. The other player is put out by Fate's admonition. How does Fate respond?
8. What is the Luggage made from?
9. Why do the thieves and trolls abandon the fight at the Broken Drum?
10. As Rincewind concludes his tale, what puzzles Rincewind?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)