|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rincewind take most of the pictures during the tour of the city with Twoflower?
(a) Because Twoflower can't operate the camera.
(b) Because Rincewind is enthralled with the camera.
(c) So Twoflower can be in the shots.
(d) So Twoflower can be in the foreground to give scale to the pictures.
2. What is the name of the alternate world the story is set in?
3. When Rincewind and the Luggage appear at the Broken Drum, what does Ymor do?
(a) Orders his ravens to attack.
(b) Bribes Rincewind.
(c) Attacks Rincewind.
4. Who offers to help show Twoflower around Morpork?
5. When Rincewind appears in the temple, what is the very first thing he tells to Twoflower?
(a) Not to say the number between three and five.
(b) Not to say the number between nine and eleven.
(c) Not to say the number between five and seven.
(d) Not to say the number between seven and nine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Zlorf come to Broadman's establishment for?
2. As the two men travel towards Chirm, what do they discuss?
3. What does Twoflower's black book do?
4. What does Rincewind compare Twoflower's job to?
5. What does Rincewind call gold's magical quality?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was said to be true about a man who owned a needle made of octiron?
2. Why does Twoflower pack water in the Luggage for his trip?
3. As Rincewind concludes his tale, what puzzles Bravd?
4. Describe the structure of the alternate universe the story takes place in.
5. Rincewind realizes that he has not been rescued by the dryad, but has been captured. What are the dryad's plans for Rincewind?
6. During the game, Fate reminds the other player not to cheat. The other player is put out by Fate's admonition. How does Fate respond?
7. Why is Rincewind not a practicing wizard?
8. What is the agreement between Ymor and Zlorf?
9. Why is the Patrician ordered to kill Twoflower?
10. Name three of the gods who are playing the board game.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)