|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the two men leave the burning city, why is Rincewind amazed?
(a) They haven't lost the Luggage.
(b) They are still alive.
(c) Twoflower can ride.
(d) Broadman bought an insurance policy.
2. After the Luggage prevents Rincewind from jumping into the river, how does the imp suggest that Rincewind finds Twoflower?
(a) By consulting a psychic.
(b) By asking for witnesses.
(c) By going back to the Patrician.
(d) By using magic.
3. Why does Zlorf refuse to answer Ymor's question regarding who hired Zlorf?
(a) He refuses because he was hired anonymously.
(b) He refuses due to professional etiquette.
(c) He refuses because it's none of Ymor's business.
(d) He refuses to protect Ymor's true nature.
4. When Rincewind appears in the temple, what is the very first thing he tells to Twoflower?
(a) Not to say the number between nine and eleven.
(b) Not to say the number between three and five.
(c) Not to say the number between seven and nine.
(d) Not to say the number between five and seven.
5. As Twoflower wanders through the temple, what sound does he hear?
6. Who is Stren Withel?
(a) An assassin.
(b) A barbarian.
(c) A thief.
(d) A foreigner.
7. Who is Broadman?
(a) The local wizard.
(b) The tavern's proprietor.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A local thief.
8. What is the researchers' instrument made out of?
9. As Rincewind and Twoflower travel on the road to Chirm, what suddenly appears before them after they hear the sound of dice rolling?
(a) A train.
(b) A horse.
(c) A troll.
(d) A robber.
10. As the two men approach on horseback from the twin cities, which one is lagging behind as if he's never ridden a horse before?
11. What is octiron?
(a) An eight-pronged sword.
(b) A vitamin supplement.
(c) A healing mineral.
(d) A strange iridescent metal.
12. Who is the Grand Vizier of the Golden Empire?
(a) Nine Spinning Mirrors.
(b) Seven Spinning Mirrors.
(c) Seven Turning Mirrors.
(d) Nine Turning Mirrors.
13. According to Bravd, what rots wizards' brains?
(a) Magical spells.
(b) Quicksilver fumes.
14. What keeps happening every few minutes to the man on horseback who is lagging behind?
(a) The horse simply stops.
(b) The man falls out of the saddle.
(c) The horse turns the wrong way.
(d) The man pulls back on the reins.
15. What are the citizens doing to prevent the spread of the fire?
(a) Dousing the fire with great quantities of water.
(b) Demolishing the bridges that connect the cities.
(c) Cutting down the forest between the two cities.
(d) Digging ditches and filling the moats.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he wanders through the temple, what is Twoflower fascinated by?
2. As the scene shifts once again to the game the gods are playing, all but two of the gods are now out of the game. Who are the two remaining players?
3. Who is the Crocodile God?
4. As they sit in Broadman's establishment, what are Twoflower and Broadman discussing?
5. How many gold pieces does Twoflower advance to his guide for four days of work?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)