|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Poem Ten, at what time do women from Louisiana shell peas?
2. What does Beau threaten to do if the main character does not marry him in Poem Nineteen?
3. Which character in the play tells the story in Poem Eight?
4. Which character narrates Poem Sixteen?
5. Who takes the "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the play, why is freedom a major theme? How does the playwright express the theme of freedom through the characters? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Based on the play, which colored girls have considered suicide? Why have they considered suicide? What do these women have in common? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Sisterhood is another theme in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow is Enuf. How does the playwright use the play to celebrate the sisterhood that exists between African American women? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)