Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character gives the narrative in Poem Eighteen?
2. How many kids do the main character and Beau have in Poem Nineteen?
3. What does Poem Thirteen's narrator say she tried to bring into people's lives?
4. What is the narrator referring to when she references her "stuff"?
5. Who does the narrator in Poem Seventeen say should handle her stuff?
Essay Topic 1
Although the majority of the characters in the playare African American, the narrator does choose to include a character of African and Latin American roots in poem three. Why do you think the author included this character? How does she change the dynamics of the play? What is significant about this character? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The play is about discovering joy, power, and freedom. How do the characters try to discover these things? What journey do they have to take to overcome oppression and repression? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Shange writes about the African American woman's struggle to find her own identity in the United States. Based on the play, how do African American women discover their identity? What journey do they have to take in order to gain their identity? Is their identity already there and they just have to "rediscover" it? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)