|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character gives the narrative in Poem Eighteen?
2. What event occurred that made the narrator of Poem Thirteen change the way that she danced?
3. What feels strange to the narrator of Poem Thirteen?
4. What is the name of the main character in Poem Nineteen?
5. How are the poems in Sequence Four different from earlier poems in the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the playwright choose to craft the narrative of the play out of poems instead of conversational text? What are the pros and cons of using this technique? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The narrator describes a number of relationships in this play. How does she portray these relationships? Why does she portray them this way? What is significant about these relationships? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of music and dance in the play, For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow Is Enuf? How is music and dance used in the play? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)