Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character gives the narrative in Poem Eighteen?
2. How many kids do the main character and Beau have in Poem Nineteen?
3. What does Poem Thirteen's narrator say she tried to bring into people's lives?
4. What is the narrator referring to when she references her "stuff"?
5. Who does the narrator in Poem Seventeen say should handle her stuff?
What is the significance of the songs and music in the play? Why do you think the author chose these particular songs? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
How does the playwright use colloquial language in the play? Why is it necessary for her to use colloquial language in this type of work? Please use specific examples from the book.
Poem nineteen, "A Nite with Beau Wille Brown," is a longer narrative than many of the other poems in the play. Why do you think Shange chose to make this poem a longer narrative than the others in the play? How else does this poem differ from the others in the play? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)