|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem Eleven, how does the narrator describe her current universe at the end of the poem?
2. Which character tells the story in Poem Eight?
3. Where did the main character Beau return from psychologically damaged in Poem Nineteen?
4. Which character in the play tells the story in Poem Eight?
5. In Poem Fourteen, what does the narrator say she lacks in order to look for love?
Essay Topic 1
As the individual women tell where they are located at the start of the play, they bring universality to the script. How does the playwright use the characters to bring universality to the script and show that women like the ones in the play are everywhere? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Sisterhood is another theme in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow is Enuf. How does the playwright use the play to celebrate the sisterhood that exists between African American women? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The narrator describes a number of relationships in this play. How does she portray these relationships? Why does she portray them this way? What is significant about these relationships? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)