|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the ladies in blue, yellow, purple, and orange dancing at the start of Sequence Four?
2. Which character in the play tells the story in Poem Eight?
3. What happens when Beau keeps trying to get funding to pay for school in Poem Nineteen?
4. Who is the main character of the story in Poem Eight?
5. Which character narrates Poem Sixteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play describes urban African American life. Why do the women in the play not live in the cities, but "outside" of the cities? How does this relate to the theme of freedom? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Is For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow is Enuf a feminist work? Why or Why not? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the play, the lady in brown's final words are, "This is for colored girls who have considered suicide/but are movin to the ends of their own rainbow." What does this statement mean? What do colored girls have to do in order to move "to the ends of their own rainbow"? What is required of them? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)