|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator of Poem Thirteen feel was redundant?
2. What themes are the poems in Sequence Four built around?
3. In Poem Sixteen, what does the narrator want to do?
4. Who does the narrator in Poem Fifteen suggest that black women should act like?
5. How are the ladies in blue, yellow, purple, and orange dancing at the start of Sequence Four?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the play, which colored girls have considered suicide? Why have they considered suicide? What do these women have in common? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The narrator describes a number of relationships in this play. How does she portray these relationships? Why does she portray them this way? What is significant about these relationships? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the playwright use colloquial language in the play? Why is it necessary for her to use colloquial language in this type of work? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)