|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of the story in Poem Eight?
2. What is the title of Poem Eighteen?
3. What is the story about in Poem Twelve?
4. According to the narrator of Poem Fourteen, what is she looking for in a man?
5. In Poem Sixteen, what does the narrator want to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow is Enuf a feminist work? Why or Why not? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Based on the play, why is freedom a major theme? How does the playwright express the theme of freedom through the characters? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
The play describes urban African American life. Why do the women in the play not live in the cities, but "outside" of the cities? How does this relate to the theme of freedom? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)