|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the play tells the story in Poem Eight?
2. Who is the main character of the story in Poem Eight?
3. Who narrates the story in Poem Ten?
4. Who does the narrator in Poem Seventeen say should handle her stuff?
5. At the end of Poem Eighteen, what suggestion does the narrator make to the person with whom she is speaking with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow is Enuf a feminist work? Why or Why not? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Based on the play, why is freedom a major theme? How does the playwright express the theme of freedom through the characters? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Poem nineteen, "A Nite with Beau Wille Brown," is a longer narrative than many of the other poems in the play. Why do you think Shange chose to make this poem a longer narrative than the others in the play? How else does this poem differ from the others in the play? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)