|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character gives the narrative in Poem Eighteen?
2. How many kids do the main character and Beau have in Poem Nineteen?
3. What does Poem Thirteen's narrator say she tried to bring into people's lives?
4. What is the narrator referring to when she references her "stuff"?
5. Who does the narrator in Poem Seventeen say should handle her stuff?
Essay Topic 1
Although the majority of the characters in the playare African American, the narrator does choose to include a character of African and Latin American roots in poem three. Why do you think the author included this character? How does she change the dynamics of the play? What is significant about this character? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Is For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow is Enuf a feminist work? Why or Why not? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does the playwright use sexuality and sensuality to describe the differences that exist between African American women and women of other races? Why does the author use sexuality and sensuality to show differences between women of different races? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)