|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is the main character in Poem Eight from?
2. Who narrates the story in Poem Ten?
3. What does Beau do differently in his last attempt to win the main character back in Poem Nineteen?
4. What event occurred that made the narrator of Poem Thirteen change the way that she danced?
5. In Poem Sixteen, what does the narrator want to do?
Essay Topic 1
Based on the play, which colored girls have considered suicide? Why have they considered suicide? What do these women have in common? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the playwright use sexuality and sensuality to describe the differences that exist between African American women and women of other races? Why does the author use sexuality and sensuality to show differences between women of different races? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
The play is about discovering joy, power, and freedom. How do the characters try to discover these things? What journey do they have to take to overcome oppression and repression? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)