|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big does the narrator say her universe is in Poem Eleven?
2. In Poem Nineteen, which character narrates the story?
3. What is the narrator referring to when she references her "stuff"?
4. Which character narrates Poem Seventeen?
5. Which character narrates Poem Thirteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the songs and music in the play? Why do you think the author chose these particular songs? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the playwright use sexuality and sensuality to describe the differences that exist between African American women and women of other races? Why does the author use sexuality and sensuality to show differences between women of different races? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Based on the play, which colored girls have considered suicide? Why have they considered suicide? What do these women have in common? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)