|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event occurred that made the narrator of Poem Thirteen change the way that she danced?
2. What does Beau do differently in his last attempt to win the main character back in Poem Nineteen?
3. In Poem Sixteen, what does the narrator want to do?
4. What is the name of the main character in Poem Nineteen?
5. Who is the main character of the story in Poem Eight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the play, why is freedom a major theme? How does the playwright express the theme of freedom through the characters? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the songs and music in the play? Why do you think the author chose these particular songs? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the playwright choose to craft the narrative of the play out of poems instead of conversational text? What are the pros and cons of using this technique? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)