|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator referring to when she references her "stuff"?
2. What city is the main character in Poem Eight from?
3. What is the name of Beau's daughter in Poem Nineteen?
4. What does the main character do to keep her Beau away in Poem Nineteen?
5. According to the narrator, what happens when Beau learns that the main character is pregnant again in Poem Nineteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of music and dance in the play, For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow Is Enuf? How is music and dance used in the play? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play, the lady in brown's final words are, "This is for colored girls who have considered suicide/but are movin to the ends of their own rainbow." What does this statement mean? What do colored girls have to do in order to move "to the ends of their own rainbow"? What is required of them? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
The narrator describes a number of relationships in this play. How does she portray these relationships? Why does she portray them this way? What is significant about these relationships? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)