|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of the story in Poem Eight?
2. Where did the main character Beau return from psychologically damaged in Poem Nineteen?
3. What is the title of Poem Seventeen?
4. How does the narrator in Poem Fifteen describe the group that she thinks black women should become like?
5. Which character narrates Poem Sixteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sisterhood is another theme in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow is Enuf. How does the playwright use the play to celebrate the sisterhood that exists between African American women? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the playwright choose to craft the narrative of the play out of poems instead of conversational text? What are the pros and cons of using this technique? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Although the majority of the characters in the playare African American, the narrator does choose to include a character of African and Latin American roots in poem three. Why do you think the author included this character? How does she change the dynamics of the play? What is significant about this character? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)