|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who narrates the story in Poem Ten?
2. How big does the narrator say her universe is in Poem Eleven?
3. What is the title of Poem Seventeen?
4. What does the narrator say to begin Poem Sixteen?
5. In Poem Fourteen, how does the narrator describe pleasuring herself through thought?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of music and dance in the play, For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow Is Enuf? How is music and dance used in the play? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play, the lady in brown's final words are, "This is for colored girls who have considered suicide/but are movin to the ends of their own rainbow." What does this statement mean? What do colored girls have to do in order to move "to the ends of their own rainbow"? What is required of them? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Based on the play, why is freedom a major theme? How does the playwright express the theme of freedom through the characters? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)