Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the characters ironically suggest in Poem Six?
2. Who does the character in Poem Seven say she could not have see her in her current situation?
3. What event is Poem Two about?
4. How many characters run off stage after the lights change at the end of Poem Five?
5. What song plays at the start of Poem Six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two songs at the end of Poem One represent?
2. What is the purpose of Poem Six?
3. Describe the language and imagery in Poem Thirteen.
4. What theme(s) are evident in Poem One and what is the meaning of this theme?
5. What links Poems Six and Seven together?
6. Describe the poetic imagery in Poem Seven.
7. What contrasts and juxtapositions are apparent at the beginning of Poem Eleven?
8. What does Poem Eighteen allow the characters to do? What do the characters use the poem to describe?
9. How is dance used in Poem Three?
10. How does the language change at the end of Poem Nineteen? At what point at the end of the play does the language change?
Essay Topic 1
Sisterhood is another theme in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow is Enuf. How does the playwright use the play to celebrate the sisterhood that exists between African American women? Please use examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of music and dance in the play, For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow Is Enuf? How is music and dance used in the play? Please use specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
As the individual women tell where they are located at the start of the play, they bring universality to the script. How does the playwright use the characters to bring universality to the script and show that women like the ones in the play are everywhere? Please use specific examples from the book.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)