|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what happens when Beau learns that the main character is pregnant again in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He cries.
(c) He celebrates.
(d) He kisses her.
2. What does the narrator in Poem Fifteen think black woman deal with too much?
3. What city is the main character in Poem Eight from?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) Little Rock.
4. Where does the narrator say she moved to in Poem Eleven?
(b) The world.
5. According to Poem Ten, at what time do women from Louisiana shell peas?
(a) 4:00 pm.
(b) 6:00 pm.
(c) 5:00 pm.
(d) 3:00 pm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What themes are the poems in Sequence Four built around?
2. At the end of Poem Eighteen, what suggestion does the narrator make to the person with whom she is speaking with?
3. How does the narrator in Poem Fifteen describe the group that she thinks black women should become like?
4. According to the narrator of Poem Fourteen, what is she looking for in a man?
5. How does the narrator end Poem Fourteen?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)