|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of the story in Poem Eight?
2. What happens when the main character arrives to the docks at the end of Poem Nine?
(a) She rents a boat and sailed off.
(b) She meets a man named Toussaint.
(c) She runs into some of her friends.
(d) She reads one of her library books.
3. In Poem Nine, why was the main character disqualified from a contest that she entered to see which child could read the most books?
(a) Because she did not read enough books.
(b) Because she was African American.
(c) Because she was reading adult books.
(d) Because she did not complete the registration form correctly.
4. Which character in the play tells the story in Poem Eight?
(a) The lady in orange.
(b) The lady in brown.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in purple.
5. According to the narrator of Poem Fourteen, what is she looking for in a man?
(a) Passoniate intimacy.
(b) A seamless love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator in Poem Seventeen want the person to do with her "stuff"?
2. What is the title of Poem Eighteen?
3. At the end of Poem Eighteen, what suggestion does the narrator make to the person with whom she is speaking with?
4. What is Beau's full name in Poem Nineteen?
5. Who does the main character in Poem Nine meet at the docks?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)