|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character do to keep her Beau away in Poem Nineteen?
(a) She steals his car.
(b) She gets a court order.
(c) She changes her phone number.
(d) She moves.
2. What is the title of Poem Eighteen?
(b) A Nite with Beau Wille Brown.
(d) A Laying on of Hands.
3. At the end of Poem Eighteen, what suggestion does the narrator make to the person with whom she is speaking with?
(a) Stop cheating with women that she knows.
(b) Admit shortcomings up front.
(c) Never say "I'm sorry."
(d) Be careful who you fall in love with.
4. In Poem Sixteen, what does the narrator want to do?
(a) Find someone to love.
(b) Get over her broken heart.
(c) Stop loving the man that she loves.
(d) Cherish her capacity to love.
5. Which character narrates Poem Fifteen?
(a) The lady in yellow.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in blue.
(d) The lady in purple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character narrates Poem Eleven?
2. Who takes the "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
3. What was the profession of the main character in Poem Eight?
4. Which character tells the story in Poem Eight?
5. What dilemmas does the narrator in Poem Sixteen believe she is caught up in?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)