|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator in Poem Seventeen want the person to do with her "stuff"?
(a) Return it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Throw it away.
(d) Give it to somepne else.
2. What happens when Beau keeps trying to get funding to pay for school in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He enrolls in advanced classes.
(b) He does not register for classes.
(c) He gets placed in remedial classes.
(d) He cannot get any money.
3. What happens when the main character arrives to the docks at the end of Poem Nine?
(a) She runs into some of her friends.
(b) She rents a boat and sailed off.
(c) She reads one of her library books.
(d) She meets a man named Toussaint.
4. Who does the main character in Poem Nine meet at the docks?
(a) Ramsey Armstrong.
(b) James Baldwin.
(c) Toussaint L'Ouverture.
(d) Toussaint Jones.
5. Which character narrates Poem Fourteen?
(a) The lady in blue.
(b) The lady in purple.
(c) The lady in orange.
(d) The lady in green.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the women act towards each other at the end of the Poem Twelve?
2. What does the narrator in Poem Fifteen think black woman deal with too much?
3. What dilemmas does the narrator in Poem Sixteen believe she is caught up in?
4. Who does the main character in Poem Eighteen speak with in the poem?
5. How does the narrator in Poem Fifteen describe the group that she thinks black women should become like?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)