|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Poem Fourteen about?
(a) The narrator's need to be loved by a man.
(b) The narrator's love of friendship.
(c) The narrator's need for a new man.
(d) The narrator's irritation with men.
2. How does the narrator in Poem Fifteen describe the group that she thinks black women should become like?
(a) Dry with no rhythm.
(b) Smart with no desire for sexual pleasure.
(c) Talented and friendly.
(d) Unemotional and friendly.
3. What feels strange to the narrator of Poem Thirteen?
4. Which character tells the story in Poem Eight?
(a) The lady in orange.
(b) The lady in brown.
(c) The lady in yellow.
(d) The lady in green.
5. What does Beau threaten to do if the main character does not marry him in Poem Nineteen?
(a) To kill himself.
(b) To move back in.
(c) To drop the children out the window.
(d) To throw the children down the steps.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what happens when Beau learns that the main character is pregnant again in Poem Nineteen?
2. Who narrates the story in Poem Ten?
3. Which character narrates Poem Fourteen?
4. What character gives the narrative in Poem Eighteen?
5. What is Poem Ten about?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)