|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem Fourteen, what does the narrator say she lacks in order to look for love?
(b) Financial resources.
(d) Good looks.
2. What happens when the main character arrives to the docks at the end of Poem Nine?
(a) She reads one of her library books.
(b) She rents a boat and sailed off.
(c) She runs into some of her friends.
(d) She meets a man named Toussaint.
3. What is the name of the main character in Poem Nineteen?
4. According to the narrator of Poem Fourteen, what is she looking for in a man?
(a) Passoniate intimacy.
(c) A seamless love.
5. What does the narrator in Poem Sixteen feel she should not be dependent on?
(a) A good friend.
(b) Her emotions.
(c) The hearts.
(d) Other human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the poems in Sequence Four different from earlier poems in the play?
2. What happens when Beau keeps trying to get funding to pay for school in Poem Nineteen?
3. In Poem Eleven, how does the narrator describe her current universe at the end of the poem?
4. Where does the narrator say she "usedta live" in Poem Eleven?
5. What is the narrator referring to when she references her "stuff"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)