|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character gives the narrative in Poem Eighteen?
(a) The lady in blue.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in green.
(d) The lady in purple.
2. Who does the narrator in Poem Seventeen say should handle her stuff?
(a) Her lover is the only one.
(b) Her husband is the only one.
(c) She is the only one.
(d) Her best friend is the only one.
3. What event occurred that made the narrator of Poem Thirteen change the way that she danced?
(a) She found out her man was cheating on her.
(b) She met a new man at the bar.
(c) Her boyfriend broke up with her.
(d) She saw the woman that her man left her for.
4. In Poem Fourteen, how does the narrator describe pleasuring herself through thought?
5. What does the main character do to keep her Beau away in Poem Nineteen?
(a) She moves.
(b) She gets a court order.
(c) She steals his car.
(d) She changes her phone number.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poem Thirteen's narrator say she tried to bring into people's lives?
2. In Poem Nine, why was the main character disqualified from a contest that she entered to see which child could read the most books?
3. According to the narrator, what happens when Beau learns that the main character is pregnant again in Poem Nineteen?
4. Who takes the "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
5. What was the profession of the main character in Poem Eight?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)