|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is the main character in Poem Eight from?
(a) Little Rock.
(b) New Orleans.
2. What is the title of Poem Nineteen?
(a) A Laying on of Hands.
(b) No More Love Poems.
(d) A Nite with Beau Wille Brown.
3. What does Beau do differently in his last attempt to win the main character back in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He takes the main character to dinner.
(b) He gets dressed up.
(c) He buys gifts for the kids.
(d) He brings flowers.
4. Which character narrates Poem Fifteen?
(a) The lady in orange.
(b) The lady in yellow.
(c) The lady in blue.
(d) The lady in purple.
5. How do the women act towards each other at the end of the Poem Twelve?
(a) Like they were friends.
(b) Like they were cousins.
(c) Like they were sisters.
(d) Like they were enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the poems in Sequence Four different from earlier poems in the play?
2. Which character narrates Poem Eleven?
3. What is Poem Fourteen about?
4. What does Poem Thirteen's narrator say she tried to bring into people's lives?
5. At the end of poem sequence four, which character dances and wakes up the other characters from their frozen state?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)