|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character narrates Poem Thirteen?
(a) The lady in blue.
(b) The lady in purple.
(c) The lady in yellow.
(d) The lady in orange.
2. Which colorful character from the play represents the main character in the story portrayed through Poem Eight?
(a) The lady in brown.
(b) The lady in blue.
(c) The lady in red.
(d) The lady in green.
3. What is the narrator referring to when she references her "stuff"?
(a) Her television.
(b) Her soul.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her clothes.
4. Who does the main character in Poem Nine discover when she starts reading books from the adult section of the library?
(a) Geroge Washington Carver.
(b) Toussaint L'Ouverture.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Malcolm X.
5. What is Poem Fourteen about?
(a) The narrator's love of friendship.
(b) The narrator's irritation with men.
(c) The narrator's need for a new man.
(d) The narrator's need to be loved by a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beau threaten to do if the main character does not marry him in Poem Nineteen?
2. Which character in the play tells the story in Poem Eight?
3. Which character tells the story in Poem Eight?
4. What does the main character in Poem Ten allow men to do?
5. How big does the narrator say her universe is in Poem Eleven?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)