|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Poem Sixteen, what does the narrator want to do?
(a) Find someone to love.
(b) Get over her broken heart.
(c) Stop loving the man that she loves.
(d) Cherish her capacity to love.
2. How many kids do the main character and Beau have in Poem Nineteen?
3. What is the story about in Poem Twelve?
(a) Two women who take a trip together.
(b) Five women who fight over a man.
(c) A group of women who despise being loved by a man.
(d) Three women who see an attractive man.
4. What event occurred that made the narrator of Poem Thirteen change the way that she danced?
(a) She found out her man was cheating on her.
(b) She saw the woman that her man left her for.
(c) She met a new man at the bar.
(d) Her boyfriend broke up with her.
5. In Poem Eleven, how does the narrator describe her current universe at the end of the poem?
(a) As a world of cruelty.
(b) As a world of longing.
(c) As a world of excitement.
(d) As a world of hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the main character in Poem Nine discover when she starts reading books from the adult section of the library?
2. Where did the main character Beau return from psychologically damaged in Poem Nineteen?
3. What words are the focus in Poem Eighteen?
4. What is the name of the main character in Poem Nineteen?
5. Which character narrates Poem Seventeen?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)