|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character in Poem Ten allow men to do?
(a) She allows them to hit her.
(b) She allows them to spend the night.
(c) She allows them to spend her money
(d) She gives them no allowances.
2. Who does the narrator in Poem Fifteen suggest that black women should act like?
(a) White women.
(b) Black men.
(c) Hispanic women.
(d) White men.
3. According to the narrator, what happens when Beau learns that the main character is pregnant again in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He celebrates.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He beats her.
(d) He cries.
4. What is the title of Poem Eighteen?
(a) A Laying on of Hands.
(b) A Nite with Beau Wille Brown.
5. What is the title of Poem Seventeen?
(b) Somebody Almost Walked Off Wid Alla My Stuff.
(c) No More Love Poems.
(d) A Laying on of Hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator end Poem Fourteen?
2. Who does the main character in Poem Nine discover when she starts reading books from the adult section of the library?
3. What is the title of Poem Nineteen?
4. According to the narrator, what does she say someone did with her "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
5. Which character narrates Poem Sixteen?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)