|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character do to keep her Beau away in Poem Nineteen?
(a) She changes her phone number.
(b) She moves.
(c) She steals his car.
(d) She gets a court order.
2. Who does the main character in Poem Eighteen speak with in the poem?
(a) An old lover.
(b) A family member.
(c) A best friend.
(d) An imaginary lover.
3. What does Beau threaten to do if the main character does not marry him in Poem Nineteen?
(a) To throw the children down the steps.
(b) To drop the children out the window.
(c) To kill himself.
(d) To move back in.
4. What is Poem Ten about?
(a) A short woman who longs to be tall.
(b) A crazy woman who kills her husband.
(c) A provocative woman who attracts men.
(d) A homeless woman who has to fend for her family.
5. What is Beau's full name in Poem Nineteen?
(a) Brandon Best.
(b) Willie Brown.
(c) Jerome Smalls.
(d) James Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character narrates Poem Eleven?
2. What happens when Beau keeps trying to get funding to pay for school in Poem Nineteen?
3. Which character narrates Poem Thirteen?
4. In Poem Sixteen, what does the narrator want to do?
5. What is the narrator referring to when she references her "stuff"?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)