|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the women act towards each other at the end of the Poem Twelve?
(a) Like they were cousins.
(b) Like they were friends.
(c) Like they were sisters.
(d) Like they were enemies.
2. What is the name of Beau's daughter in Poem Nineteen?
3. What is Beau's full name in Poem Nineteen?
(a) Brandon Best.
(b) Jerome Smalls.
(c) Willie Brown.
(d) James Johnson.
4. What was the profession of the main character in Poem Eight?
(a) A boat operator.
(b) A gypsy woman.
(c) A carnival dancer.
(d) A maid.
5. According to Poem Ten, at what time do women from Louisiana shell peas?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) 4:00 pm.
(c) 5:00 pm.
(d) 3:00 pm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator in Poem Sixteen feel she should not be dependent on?
2. What does the narrator say to begin Poem Sixteen?
3. What does the main character do to keep her Beau away in Poem Nineteen?
4. What themes are the poems in Sequence Four built around?
5. Which character narrates Poem Sixteen?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)