|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Beau's daughter in Poem Nineteen?
2. What words are the focus in Poem Eighteen?
(a) "I forgive you."
(b) "I miss you."
(c) "I'm sorry."
(d) "I love you."
3. What is Beau's full name in Poem Nineteen?
(a) Brandon Best.
(b) Jerome Smalls.
(c) James Johnson.
(d) Willie Brown.
4. What dilemmas does the narrator in Poem Sixteen believe she is caught up in?
(a) The dilemmas of being a single, white woman.
(b) The dilemmas of being a woman, alive, and black.
(c) The dilemmas of being smart, rich, and black.
(d) The dilemmas of being emotional, black woman.
5. What does Poem Thirteen's narrator say she tried to bring into people's lives?
(a) Love and joy.
(b) Pain and heartache.
(c) Love and lust.
(d) Joy and pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Beau keeps trying to get funding to pay for school in Poem Nineteen?
2. Who does the main character in Poem Nine meet at the docks?
3. In Poem Fourteen, how does the narrator describe pleasuring herself through thought?
4. Which character narrates Poem Eleven?
5. Which character narrates Poem Seventeen?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)