|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator in Poem Fifteen think black woman deal with too much?
2. Who takes the "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
(a) A stranger,
(b) The narrator's lover.
(c) A friend of the family.
(d) The narrator's son.
3. What happens when the main character arrives to the docks at the end of Poem Nine?
(a) She runs into some of her friends.
(b) She rents a boat and sailed off.
(c) She meets a man named Toussaint.
(d) She reads one of her library books.
4. How does the narrator end Poem Fourteen?
(a) With another prayer for someone to love her as she is.
(b) With a warning to single women.
(c) With a letter to her future husband.
(d) With a plea to married women.
5. What does the main character do to keep her Beau away in Poem Nineteen?
(a) She steals his car.
(b) She gets a court order.
(c) She changes her phone number.
(d) She moves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the play tells the story in Poem Eight?
2. According to the narrator of Poem Fourteen, what is she looking for in a man?
3. In Poem Sixteen, what does the narrator want to do?
4. How does the narrator in Poem Fifteen describe the group that she thinks black women should become like?
5. What does the main character in Poem Ten allow men to do?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)