|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator referring to when she references her "stuff"?
(a) Her soul.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her television.
2. What types of event does the character in the play describe at the start of Poem Eight?
(a) Quadroon balls.
(b) Mardi Gras Parades.
(d) Street Fairs.
3. Where does the narrator say she moved to in Poem Eleven?
(a) The world.
4. Which character narrates Poem Sixteen?
(a) The lady in yellow.
(b) The lady in orange.
(c) The lady in purple.
(d) The lady in blue.
5. What character gives the narrative in Poem Eighteen?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in blue.
(c) The lady in orange.
(d) The lady in purple.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what does she say someone did with her "stuff" in Poem Seventeen?
2. Who does the main character in Poem Nine meet at the docks?
3. What does Beau threaten to do if the main character does not marry him in Poem Nineteen?
4. According to the narrator, what happens when Beau learns that the main character is pregnant again in Poem Nineteen?
5. According to Poem Ten, at what time do women from Louisiana shell peas?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)