|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poem Thirteen's narrator say she tried to bring into people's lives?
(a) Joy and pain.
(b) Love and lust.
(c) Pain and heartache.
(d) Love and joy.
2. What is the title of Poem Nineteen?
(b) A Nite with Beau Wille Brown.
(c) No More Love Poems.
(d) A Laying on of Hands.
3. How does the narrator in Poem Fifteen describe the group that she thinks black women should become like?
(a) Talented and friendly.
(b) Unemotional and friendly.
(c) Dry with no rhythm.
(d) Smart with no desire for sexual pleasure.
4. According to the narrator, what happens when Beau learns that the main character is pregnant again in Poem Nineteen?
(a) He beats her.
(b) He celebrates.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He cries.
5. How many kids do the main character and Beau have in Poem Nineteen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Beau's daughter in Poem Nineteen?
2. What dilemmas does the narrator in Poem Sixteen believe she is caught up in?
3. How big does the narrator say her universe is in Poem Eleven?
4. Where did the main character Beau return from psychologically damaged in Poem Nineteen?
5. What themes are the poems in Sequence Four built around?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)