|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sequence One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of Poem One?
(a) It is the introduction to a character's life.
(b) It is a song about the main characters.
(c) It is an innvocation.
(d) It is a preface to the story.
2. Based on Poem One, what is this play about?
(a) It is about single women and their pursuits.
(b) It is about African American women finding their voice.
(c) It is about finding love.
(d) It is about abused women in America.
3. What is the race of the characters in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
(a) African American.
(b) Asian American.
(c) White American.
4. What similarities exist between the cities that each character says that they are from?
(a) They are all state capitols.
(b) They are all in a depression.
(c) They are all urban cities in America.
(d) They are all on the east coast of the United States.
5. Who is the first person to speak in the play?
(a) The lady in green.
(b) The lady in brown.
(c) The lady in orange.
(d) The lady in red.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Poem Two, how does the poem's main character feel after she and her friends had a lot to drink, danced, and got sexy?
2. In Poem One, which character(s) say(s), "mama's little baby likes shortnin bread"?
3. How did the main character in Poem Three react when she found out that her favorite musician was not going to be playing?
4. In Sequence One, which character says, "sneakin in under age to slug's/ to stare ata real 'artiste'/ & every word outta imamu's mouth waz gospel"?
5. At the end of Poem One, what type of colored girls does the narrator say this play is for?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)