|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sequence One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sequence One, which character says, "sneakin in under age to slug's/ to stare ata real 'artiste'/ & every word outta imamu's mouth waz gospel"?
(a) The lady in yellow.
(b) The lady in blue.
(c) The lady in red.
(d) The lady in green.
2. What similarities exist between the cities that each character says that they are from?
(a) They are all state capitols.
(b) They are all urban cities in America.
(c) They are all in a depression.
(d) They are all on the east coast of the United States.
3. Who is the first person to speak in the play?
(a) The lady in brown.
(b) The lady in green.
(c) The lady in orange.
(d) The lady in red.
4. Based on Poem One, what is this play about?
(a) It is about African American women finding their voice.
(b) It is about abused women in America.
(c) It is about single women and their pursuits.
(d) It is about finding love.
5. What did the main character in Poem Four discover as a result of her relationship?
(a) She can't stand not being married.
(b) She can't stand Black men.
(c) She can't stand not being wanted.
(d) She can't stand living alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many characters run onto the stage at the beginning of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
2. In Sequence One, which character says, "forty poems 2 plants &3 handmade notecards i left/ town so i cd send to you have been no help to me/ on my job"?
3. How does the main character in Poem Four refer to her relationship with her former boyfriend?
4. Which one of these folk songs does the cast of the play sing in Poem One?
5. Who does the lady in brown call to at the beginning of Poem One?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)