|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sequence Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of this work?
2. In Poem Nine, why was the main character disqualified from a contest that she entered to see which child could read the most books?
(a) Because she did not read enough books.
(b) Because she was African American.
(c) Because she did not complete the registration form correctly.
(d) Because she was reading adult books.
3. How big does the narrator say her universe is in Poem Eleven?
(a) Two blocks.
(b) An infinite amount of blocks.
(c) Six blocks.
(d) Twelve blocks.
4. What does the main character do to keep her Beau away in Poem Nineteen?
(a) She moves.
(b) She steals his car.
(c) She gets a court order.
(d) She changes her phone number.
5. In Poem Two, what happened to the poem's main character the day after the party?
(a) She was in a car accident.
(b) She had a bad headache.
(c) She could not find her glasses.
(d) She could not stop smiling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the main character in Poem Four discover as a result of her relationship?
2. What similarities exist between the cities that each character says that they are from?
3. What does the narrator in Poem Sixteen feel she should not be dependent on?
4. How does the narrator end Poem Fourteen?
5. What words are the focus in Poem Eighteen?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)