|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sequence Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the artist that sings the song at the start of Poem Six?
(a) Carlos Santana.
(b) Martha and the Vandellas.
(c) Willie Colon.
(d) The Dells.
2. At the end of Poem One, what type of colored girls does the narrator say this play is for?
(a) Those who have abandoned their rainbow.
(b) Those who have created their own rainbow.
(c) Those who have found refuge in a new rainbow.
(d) Those who have moved to the ends of their own rainbow.
3. What is the title of Poem Nineteen?
(a) No More Love Poems.
(b) A Nite with Beau Wille Brown.
(c) A Laying on of Hands.
4. What is the race of the characters in For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow is Enuf?
(b) African American.
(c) Asian American.
(d) White American.
5. What is the last line of Poem Seven?
(a) waznt no need for colored folks to bear no cross at all.
(b) i just cdnt stop grinnin.
(c) once i waz pregnant & shamed of myself.
(d) & we are left with scars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the main character in Poem Nine discover when she starts reading books from the adult section of the library?
2. Where is the lady in orange from?
3. What song plays at the beginning of Poem Two?
4. In Poem One, which character says, "and this is for colored girls who have considered suicide/but moved to the end of their own rainbows"?
5. In Sequence One, which character says, "we rambled from camden to mount holly/ laughin our tassles from the rear view mirror/ climbin different sorta project stairs"?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)