|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What also burned when Francis burned Mason's body?
2. Mr. Fortune makes a deal with _____________ to buy some of his property.
3. Where does Julian live?
4. What does Parker's wife think about his new tattoo?
5. How did Francis come to live with Mason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of EVERYTHING THAT RISES MUST CONVERGE?
2. What is the premise of A VIEW OF THE WOODS?
3. What story does Francis tell the schoolteacher about Mason's death?
4. What is the premise of PARKER'S BACK?
5. How are Julian and his mother at odds over integration?
6. Explain the irony of Mr. Fortune's discipline of Mary.
7. What does the schoolteacher consider hopeful after Mason's death?
8. What is one of Mason's most controversial decisions?
9. How does Parker meet his wife?
10. How does Parker's wife react when she hears about his new tattoo and his accident at work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe some of the settings for the stories. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in the stories?
Essay Topic 2
Select three characters from any of the stories and project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for their lives. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of flashbacks in the stories. Explain what a flashback is and cite at least two making sure to explain what makes each a flashback.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)