|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major life event has Julian just experienced?
(a) Birth of his first child.
(b) High school graduation.
(d) College graduation.
2. By what landmark is Mason buried?
(a) A creek.
(b) A tree.
(c) A rock.
(d) A still.
3. Where does Julian live?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An apartment.
(c) His mother's home.
(d) His first home.
4. What does Francis do along the way to digging Mason's grave?
(a) Prays in the meadow.
(b) Goes fishing.
(c) Gets drunk on moonshine.
(d) Collapses in tears.
5. Why does Claud need to see the doctor?
(a) He has migraines.
(b) His back is hurting.
(c) He has an ulcer on his leg.
(d) He has a broken arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Parker tell his wife to make her jealous?
2. What is Mason's nephew's main concern after Mason's death?
3. What does Mason's nephew feel about Mason's death?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Mrs. Turpin's view of the other waiting room patients?
5. Who is the son in EVERYTHING THAT RISES MUST CONVERGE?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the schoolteacher react to Mason's death?
2. Why does Francis have such difficulty living with Mason?
3. How are Julian and his mother at odds over integration?
4. What are the circumstances in which Julian's mother gets hit?
5. Why is Parker perplexed about his wife's reaction to his tattoo of God?
6. How does Mason die and who buries him?
7. What does Francis do in the time shortly after Mason's death?
8. What is the premise of THE VIOLENT BEAR IT AWAY?
9. What is Mason's history of taking children in order to save them?
10. How does Parker's wife react when she hears about his new tattoo and his accident at work?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)