|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis discover on the way to dig Mason's grave?
(a) A skid of fireworks.
(b) Mason's still.
(c) Mason's stockpile of guns.
(d) Mason's brother's grave.
2. Why is Parker's wife so furious when she hears about his accident at work?
(a) Parker ruined his new pants.
(b) Parker never called her.
(c) Parker had been drinking.
(d) Parker was flirting with a girl when it happened.
3. Who had Parker wanted to marry?
(a) The cute waitress at the diner.
(b) The librarian.
(c) His high school sweetheart.
(d) No one.
4. What type of accident does Parker have at work?
(a) A tractor overturns.
(b) He slips and falls on some motor oil.
(c) He falls off some scaffolding.
(d) He hammers his thumb.
5. Why does Francis tell Mason's nephew that Francis set Mason's body on fire?
(a) Because he always hated Mason.
(b) Because he didn't want any traces of the murder.
(c) Because it's what Mason would have wanted.
(d) Because Mason's body was too big to move.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe how Parker feels about his wife in PARKER'S BACK?
2. Where does Julian live?
3. What is a recurrent topic between Julian and his mother?
4. What does Parker's wife think about his new tattoo?
5. What does Francis tell Mason's nephew about Mason's burial?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the schoolteacher react to Mason's death?
2. How does Mason die and who buries him?
3. How does Parker meet his wife?
4. What irony does Francis discover about Mason's life after Mason's death?
5. How does Parker's wife react when she hears about his new tattoo and his accident at work?
6. Explain the irony of Mr. Fortune's discipline of Mary.
7. What does the schoolteacher consider hopeful after Mason's death?
8. With whom did Francis live before going to live with Mason?
9. Why is Parker perplexed about his wife's reaction to his tattoo of God?
10. What is the premise of THE VIOLENT BEAR IT AWAY?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)