|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mason's nephew feel about Mason's death?
2. What does Francis tell Mason's nephew about Mason's burial?
(a) Francis had Mason cremated.
(b) Francis set fire to Mason's body in the house.
(c) Francis had Mason buried in the family plot in town.
(d) Francis had Mason's body shipped back to Tennessee.
3. What does Parker tell his wife to make her jealous?
(a) He works for a hefty young blonde.
(b) He has received letters from a former girlfriend.
(c) He is getting phone calls from an anonymous woman.
(d) Someone leaves candy in his truck.
4. What kind of equipment is involved in Parker's accident?
(a) Buzz saw.
(c) Nail gun.
(d) Oil drum.
5. What ends the relationship between Mason and Francis?
(a) Mason dies.
(b) Mason goes crazy.
(c) Francis runs away.
(d) Francis goes to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francis tell Mason's nephew that Francis set Mason's body on fire?
2. Where did Parker meet his wife?
3. Which of the following does NOT characterize Julian in relation to his mother?
4. What does Parker's wife think about his new tattoo?
5. What is Parker's reaction when his wife throws him out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the schoolteacher consider hopeful after Mason's death?
2. What is one of Mason's most controversial decisions?
3. What does Francis do in the time shortly after Mason's death?
4. What is the premise of PARKER'S BACK?
5. Why does Francis have such difficulty living with Mason?
6. How does the schoolteacher react to Mason's death?
7. How does Mason die and who buries him?
8. Why is the schoolteacher so committed to saving Francis and what happens to him as a result?
9. Why is Mr. Fortune so drawn to Mary and not his other grandchildren?
10. How does Parker meet his wife?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)