|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the role of Tom Shiflet in THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN?
(b) School Superintendent.
2. With whom does Haze have fundamental issues?
3. Where would the grandmother of the family prefer to go?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Enoch?
(c) New in town.
5. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of the daughters in GOOD COUNTRY PEOPLE?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ruby's recent medical complaint?
2. Who is Harry's babysitter?
3. Where does Emory go to watch women in the town?
4. Who is the young man who tries to befriend Haze?
5. How long has Haze been gone from his hometown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the characters in GOOD COUNTRY PEOPLE and which one is the main character?
2. Describe Tom Shiflet's character in THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN.
3. What is Enoch Emory's interest in Motes?
4. What is the role of Mrs. Connin in THE RIVER?
5. What is the premise of A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND?
6. How is Emory representative of Revelations?
7. What is the irony of the Bible salesman stealing Joy's prosthetic leg?
8. How does the author show that Motes is a conflicted man?
9. Who are the family members and how does the grandmother try to manage their unruliness on the trip?
10. Describe Ruby Hill's outlook on life in A STROKE OF GOOD FORTUNE.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)