|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Haze mimic Asa?
(a) He wears his hair in the same style.
(b) He wears the same type of shoes.
(c) He blinds himself.
(d) He chews the same brand of tobacco.
2. Who does Sabbath become attracted to?
3. Hazes has a peculiar view on ____________.
4. What does Haze do for the first time?
(a) Drives a car.
(b) Sleeps with a woman.
(c) Eats oysters.
(d) Shoots a gun.
5. What is Lucynell Carter's daughter's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the notable occasion of the General's granddaughter?
2. What does the Bible salesman steal from Joy?
3. Where does Haze decide to live?
4. How long has Haze been gone from his hometown?
5. Who is Asa's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the church that Motes establishes?
2. How is Emory representative of Revelations?
3. How does the author show that Motes is a conflicted man?
4. Who are the family members and how does the grandmother try to manage their unruliness on the trip?
5. What is the role of Mrs. Connin in THE RIVER?
6. What does Motes learn about Hawks?
7. What is Enoch Emory's interest in Motes?
8. Describe Tom Shiflet's character in THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN.
9. What is the house that the grandmother wants her grandchildren to see on the trip?
10. In what way does Motes imitate Hawks?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)