|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ruby Hill's brother in A STROKE OF GOOD FORTUNE?
2. What type of work does Tom tell Lucynell that he does?
3. What does Haze do for the first time?
(a) Drives a car.
(b) Sleeps with a woman.
(c) Shoots a gun.
(d) Eats oysters.
4. What mode of transportation does the family take on vacation?
5. Who is the blind preacher that Haze meets?
(a) Avery Hanson.
(b) Asa Hawks.
(c) Art Hasinski.
(d) Abe Hawkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes Enoch?
2. With what local venue does Emory become obsessed?
3. What form of transportation is Haze Motes riding at the beginning of WISE BLOOD?
4. What is Joy's notable physical characteristic?
5. What does the young woman believe may be the cause of Ruby's fatigue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the characters in GOOD COUNTRY PEOPLE and which one is the main character?
2. How do the Hopewells treat the Bible salesman?
3. Who is Enoch Emory and what is his relationship to Motes?
4. How does the author show that Motes is a conflicted man?
5. What is odd about Motes' vocation related to his philosophy?
6. What is the irony of the Bible salesman stealing Joy's prosthetic leg?
7. What is Enoch Emory's interest in Motes?
8. What does Motes discover once he reaches his homestead?
9. What is the role of Mrs. Connin in THE RIVER?
10. What does Motes learn about Hawks?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)