|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does the family in A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND live?
(a) North Carolina.
2. Where does Joy go with the Bible salesman?
(a) The coffee shop.
(b) The hayloft.
(c) The movies.
(d) The soda shop.
3. Who is Harry's babysitter?
(a) Mrs. Connin.
(b) Mrs. Conklin.
(c) Mrs. Cronin.
(d) Mrs Cronenweth.
4. What is Tom Shiflet's notable physical characteristic?
(a) His left leg is shorter than his right leg.
(b) He has only one arm.
(c) He has one blue eye and one brown eye.
(d) He has a goiter.
5. What is Ruby's recent medical complaint?
(a) Shortness of breath.
(c) Bad knees.
(d) Flat feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. The family is preparing for a vacation in what state?
2. What is the role of Tom Shiflet in THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN?
3. Which of the following describes Enoch?
4. What is Lucynell Carter's daughter's name?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Haze's church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Tom Shiflet's character in THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN.
2. Describe Ruby Hill's outlook on life in A STROKE OF GOOD FORTUNE.
3. What is Enoch Emory's interest in Motes?
4. What does Motes do for the first time?
5. Who are the family members and how does the grandmother try to manage their unruliness on the trip?
6. What does Motes learn about Hawks?
7. What is odd about Motes' vocation related to his philosophy?
8. Who are Asa and Sabbath Hawks and what is their relationship to Motes?
9. Who are the characters in GOOD COUNTRY PEOPLE and which one is the main character?
10. What is the premise of A LATE ENCOUNTER WITH THE ENEMY?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)