|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes Enoch?
2. How was Asa Hawks blinded?
(a) He did it himself.
(b) In a factory explosion.
(c) He was born blind.
(d) In a car accident.
3. What is Joy's notable physical characteristic?
(a) She wears a wig.
(b) She has a prosthetic leg.
(c) She has six toes on her left foot.
(d) She has tattoos all over her body.
4. Where do the girls live in A TEMPLE OF THE HOLY GHOST?
(a) A mansion.
(b) An orphanage.
(c) A foster care home.
(d) A convent.
5. What is the notable occasion of the General's granddaughter?
(a) Her college graduation.
(b) Her wedding.
(c) Her First Communion.
(d) Her Bat Mitzvah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the salesman trying to sell to the Hopewells?
2. What does the young woman believe may be the cause of Ruby's fatigue?
3. With what local venue does Emory become obsessed?
4. What is the name of Hazes' hometown?
5. What is Haze's desired profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Motes discover once he reaches his homestead?
2. Who are Asa and Sabbath Hawks and what is their relationship to Motes?
3. What is Enoch Emory's interest in Motes?
4. Who is the main character in WISE BLOOD and what is he doing as the story begins?
5. Who are the characters in GOOD COUNTRY PEOPLE and which one is the main character?
6. Who is Enoch Emory and what is his relationship to Motes?
7. How do the Hopewells treat the Bible salesman?
8. What is the house that the grandmother wants her grandchildren to see on the trip?
9. What is unusual about the church that Motes establishes?
10. What is the role of Mrs. Connin in THE RIVER?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)