|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francis tell Mason's nephew that Francis set Mason's body on fire?
(a) Because he always hated Mason.
(b) Because Mason's body was too big to move.
(c) Because he didn't want any traces of the murder.
(d) Because it's what Mason would have wanted.
2. What is Mason's nephew's main concern after Mason's death?
(a) That the truth about Mason be kept secret.
(b) That Francis get a chance to live a normal life.
(c) That he inherit Mason's property.
(d) That Francis be sent away to school.
3. How long does Francis live with Mason?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) Just a few weeks.
4. Who had Parker wanted to marry?
(a) His high school sweetheart.
(b) The librarian.
(c) No one.
(d) The cute waitress at the diner.
5. Mr. Fortune makes a deal with _____________ to buy some of his property.
(a) A retail franchise.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A school.
(d) A gas station owner.
6. How long does Mason say that Francis must trust Mason's decisions?
(a) Until Francis turns 18.
(b) Until Francis has been called by God.
(c) Until Francis gets married.
(d) Until Francis turns 21
7. What also burned when Francis burned Mason's body?
(a) Mason's still.
(b) The surrounding woods.
(c) Mason's house.
(d) An old car.
8. What does Parker's wife think about his new tattoo?
(a) It is too black.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is idolatry.
(d) It is too big.
9. How did Claud sustain his injury?
(a) A cow kicked him.
(b) He fell off a ladder.
(c) He reads in the dark.
(d) He was in a car accident.
10. Whom does Mason bequeath his possessions?
(b) His nephew.
(c) His church.
(d) His cat.
11. Who is at the bottom of Mrs. Turpin's class categorization of people?
(a) Colored people.
(b) Trailer park residents.
(c) Unwed mothers.
12. Who buries Mason?
(a) Mason's nephew.
(b) A neighbor.
(d) A Negro.
13. What does the ugly girl do to Mrs. Turpin?
(a) Gives her her seat.
(b) Tries to strangle her.
(c) Shares her magazine.
(d) Brings her a coffee.
14. Why is Parker's wife so furious when she hears about his accident at work?
(a) Parker never called her.
(b) Parker had been drinking.
(c) Parker was flirting with a girl when it happened.
(d) Parker ruined his new pants.
15. What does Francis discover on the way to dig Mason's grave?
(a) A skid of fireworks.
(b) Mason's brother's grave.
(c) Mason's still.
(d) Mason's stockpile of guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of equipment is involved in Parker's accident?
2. Why does Francis visit Mason's nephew?
3. What is Parker's reaction when his wife throws him out of the house?
4. What does Francis do along the way to digging Mason's grave?
5. What legal document does Mason alter?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)