|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis discover on the way to dig Mason's grave?
(a) Mason's brother's grave.
(b) Mason's still.
(c) Mason's stockpile of guns.
(d) A skid of fireworks.
2. How long does Francis live with Mason?
(a) 6 months.
(b) Just a few weeks.
(c) 14 years.
(d) 10 years.
3. Mr. Fortune makes a deal with _____________ to buy some of his property.
(a) A gas station owner.
(b) A school.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A retail franchise.
4. How long does it take for Parker to get his new tattoo?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. Why is Francis' adventure into the real world so enlightening?
(a) He knows that Mason was right all along.
(b) He sees what he has missed while stuck on the farm.
(c) He never wants to leave the farm again.
(d) He knows that he will follow in Mason's footsteps.
6. Which of the following does Mason's nephew NOT tell Francis?
(a) He always loved Mason.
(b) It is not too late for Francis to be redeemed.
(c) Francis can still be set on the right path.
(d) Mason lived a useless life.
7. What type of accident does Parker have at work?
(a) He slips and falls on some motor oil.
(b) He hammers his thumb.
(c) He falls off some scaffolding.
(d) A tractor overturns.
8. Which of the following does NOT describe how Parker feels about his wife in PARKER'S BACK?
(a) He hates her.
(b) He feels lucky to have her.
(c) She is critical.
(d) She is too plain.
9. How long does Mason say that Francis must trust Mason's decisions?
(a) Until Francis has been called by God.
(b) Until Francis gets married.
(c) Until Francis turns 21
(d) Until Francis turns 18.
10. Why did Mason kidnap Francis?
(a) To get him a good education.
(b) To teach him the ways of the Lord.
(c) To have a namesake.
(d) To have some help on the farm.
11. What does Mason's nephew NOT believe about Francis?
(a) That Francis burned down Mason's house.
(b) That Francis actually loved Mason.
(c) That Francis shot Mason.
(d) That Mason legally adopted Francis.
12. What does the ugly girl do to Mrs. Turpin?
(a) Brings her a coffee.
(b) Gives her her seat.
(c) Tries to strangle her.
(d) Shares her magazine.
13. Who is the son in EVERYTHING THAT RISES MUST CONVERGE?
14. Who is at the bottom of Mrs. Turpin's class categorization of people?
(a) Unwed mothers.
(b) Trailer park residents.
(d) Colored people.
15. What does Francis do along the way to digging Mason's grave?
(a) Goes fishing.
(b) Gets drunk on moonshine.
(c) Prays in the meadow.
(d) Collapses in tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of equipment is involved in Parker's accident?
2. What task does Francis have after Mason dies?
3. What ends the relationship between Mason and Francis?
4. Where does Mason die?
5. By what landmark is Mason buried?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)