|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Haze's church?
(a) First Evangelical Methodist Church.
(b) St. Mary's Catholic Church.
(c) First Street Baptist Church.
(d) Church Without Christ.
2. With what is Ruby obsessed?
(a) Her finances.
(d) Her health.
3. How could Haze's family home be described?
(a) Full of antiques.
(b) Spare but comfortable.
(c) Crammed full of trinkets.
(d) Little more than a shell.
4. Where does Joy go with the Bible salesman?
(a) The hayloft.
(b) The coffee shop.
(c) The movies.
(d) The soda shop.
5. What form of transportation is Haze Motes riding at the beginning of WISE BLOOD?
6. Where does Haze die at the end of the story?
(a) A bar.
(b) A gutter.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A battlefield.
7. Who is the blind preacher that Haze meets?
(a) Abe Hawkins.
(b) Art Hasinski.
(c) Avery Hanson.
(d) Asa Hawks.
8. How was Asa Hawks blinded?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) He was born blind.
(c) In a factory explosion.
(d) He did it himself.
9. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of the daughters in GOOD COUNTRY PEOPLE?
10. After whom does Haze want to model his career?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His math teacher.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
11. Who does Sabbath become attracted to?
12. What is Haze's impression of his family home?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It is just like he left it.
(c) It has been burned down.
(d) It has been remodeled.
13. With what is Haze obsessed?
(a) Emily Martin.
(b) Antique trains.
(c) Asa's story of blinding himself.
(d) Playing cards.
14. Where does Harry think that Jesus lives?
(a) The grocery.
(b) The Baptist Church.
(c) The movie theatre.
(d) The river.
15. What does Haze discover when he returns to his hometown?
(a) Much has changed.
(b) There has been a little progress.
(c) It no longer exists.
(d) Nothing has changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only room that has a piece of furniture in Haze's homestead?
2. What is the role of Tom Shiflet in THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN?
3. Where is Haze going at the opening of Wise Blood?
4. What is Ruby's recent medical complaint?
5. How long has Haze been gone from his hometown?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)