|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Haze have fundamental issues?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Asa Hawks?
(a) He is a university professor.
(b) He preaches to passersby.
(c) He moves around from place to place.
(d) He hands out religious tracts.
3. What is Haze's impression of his family home?
(a) It has been burned down.
(b) It has been remodeled.
(c) It is empty.
(d) It is just like he left it.
4. How long has Haze been gone from his hometown?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 6 months.
5. What is the only room that has a piece of furniture in Haze's homestead?
(b) Dining room.
6. Where does Tom take Lucynell after their wedding?
(a) A new home.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A reception hall.
(d) A diner.
7. Who does Sabbath become attracted to?
8. In what way does Haze mimic Asa?
(a) He wears the same type of shoes.
(b) He chews the same brand of tobacco.
(c) He blinds himself.
(d) He wears his hair in the same style.
9. Where does Haze die at the end of the story?
(a) A gutter.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A battlefield.
(d) A bar.
10. Who is Harry's babysitter?
(a) Mrs. Cronin.
(b) Mrs Cronenweth.
(c) Mrs. Connin.
(d) Mrs. Conklin.
11. In THE RIVER, what is the name of the young boy?
12. Which of the following does NOT describe Haze's church?
(a) Jesus plays no part in it.
(b) There is no building.
(c) Everyone is welcome.
(d) It is tiny and cramped.
13. What is Ruby's recent medical complaint?
(a) Bad knees.
(b) Shortness of breath.
(d) Flat feet.
14. Which of the following does NOT describe Enoch?
(b) New in town.
15. What is Lucynell Carter's daughter's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bible salesman steal from Joy?
2. Where do the girls live in A TEMPLE OF THE HOLY GHOST?
3. Who is Ruby Hill's brother in A STROKE OF GOOD FORTUNE?
4. Where does Harry think that Jesus lives?
5. What is the notable occasion of the General's granddaughter?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)