|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Misfit?
(a) The black sheep of the family.
(b) An escaped murderer.
(c) The family member with a college degree.
(d) The town's outcast.
2. What is Tom Shiflet's notable physical characteristic?
(a) He has only one arm.
(b) His left leg is shorter than his right leg.
(c) He has a goiter.
(d) He has one blue eye and one brown eye.
3. In what state does the family in A GOOD MAN IS HARD TO FIND live?
(b) North Carolina.
4. What type of work does Tom tell Lucynell that he does?
5. With what is Ruby obsessed?
(b) Her health.
(c) Her finances.
6. Where does Haze decide to live?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) His friend's house.
(c) The family home.
(d) A hotel.
7. What does the young woman believe may be the cause of Ruby's fatigue?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She needs more sleep.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She has diabetes.
8. Which of the following describes Enoch?
9. What is the only piece of furniture left in Haze's homestead?
(d) Coal stove.
10. What happens to the family members after the car accident?
(a) They die in the car accident.
(b) They walk to the nearest town.
(c) They are shot by the Misfit and his friends.
(d) They flag down a sheriff's car for help.
11. What is the name of Haze's church?
(a) First Evangelical Methodist Church.
(b) Church Without Christ.
(c) St. Mary's Catholic Church.
(d) First Street Baptist Church.
12. Where does Haze die at the end of the story?
(a) A battlefield.
(b) A bar.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A gutter.
13. What does Haze discover when he returns to his hometown?
(a) Much has changed.
(b) Nothing has changed.
(c) It no longer exists.
(d) There has been a little progress.
14. Where does Harry think that Jesus lives?
(a) The river.
(b) The Baptist Church.
(c) The grocery.
(d) The movie theatre.
15. What happens to Harry at the river?
(a) He learns to skip rocks.
(b) He catches his first fish.
(c) He learns to swim.
(d) He is baptized.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Harry's babysitter?
2. Where do the farm boys take the two sisters?
3. What animal does Harry let loose?
4. Who is Ruby Hill's brother in A STROKE OF GOOD FORTUNE?
5. What is Joy's notable physical characteristic?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)