|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Neck, what is Lady Turton doing with a friend near the statue of Moore?
2. Royal jelly comes from __________.
3. In The Great Automatic Grammatizator, what does Adolphe pay writers to do?
4. In Georgy Porgy, what does Miss Roach demand of George?
5. In Parson's Pleasure, what is destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. In The Champion of the World, how does Claud go about poaching pheasants?
2. In Genesis and Catastrophe, what does Klara's husband say when his baby is born?
3. In William and Mary, what does William do to preserve himself when he knows he is dying?
4. What does The Great Automatic Grammatizator do?
5. How does William from Dip in the Pool die?
6. What is Royal Jelly?
7. How does Mrs. Bixby find out her husband was cheating on her?
8. What happens to Georgy Porgy after he is kissed?
9. In Parson's Pleasure, why does Boggis do his business with country folk?
10. In the Visitor, what horrible discovery does Cornelius make the morning after his love affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in these stories. Which characters were most affected by despair, and how did this change the course of the plots in which they were involved?
Essay Topic 2
Many characters in these stories are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how did their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Were these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Who was Katina, and what message did she send in her death?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)