|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In My Lady Love, My Dove, how does Sally win at a game with Pamela?
2. In The Way up to Heaven, why is Mrs. Foster going to Paris?
3. In Georgy Porgy, what does Miss Roach demand of George?
4. In Edward hte Conqueror, what instrument does Louisa play?
5. How is Klara described in Genesis and Catastrophe?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Genesis and Catastrophe, what does Klara's husband say when his baby is born?
2. In The Visitor, what does Cornelius think about the entire time he was eating dinner at the Egyptian's house?
3. In Lamb to the Slaughter, why does Mary kill her husband?
4. What happens to Georgy Porgy after he is kissed?
5. In Claud's Dog, what does the rat catcher say about rat's blood?
6. What did The Landlady do to her boarders? Why?
7. In The Way Up to Heaven, what does Mr. Foster do to irritate his wife?
8. In William and Mary, what is the first thing Mary does when she sees her husband after his death? Why?
9. In the Last Act, what causes Anna to go insane?
10. In The Champion of the World, how does Claud go about poaching pheasants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in these stories. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 2
Roald Dahl includes some ingenious forms of irony in these stories. What are some of these examples, and how does their ironic nature affect the plot of the stories in which they are included?
Essay Topic 3
Many of these stories centered around war. What were some of the different perspectives given, and how did the theme of war affect the tone of the stories?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)