|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Neck, the statue of Moore is made of __________.
2. In Lamb to the Slaughter, how far along is Mary in her pregnancy?
3. In Edward the Conquerer, the bonfire is made of ___________.
4. In Georgy Porgy, what does Miss Roach demand of George?
5. In My Lady Love, My Dove, how does Sally win at a game with Pamela?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does The Great Automatic Grammatizator do?
2. Where does Lady Turton in Neck get stuck, and how does she get free?
3. What is Royal Jelly?
4. In Parson's Pleasure, why does Boggis do his business with country folk?
5. In the Last Act, what causes Anna to go insane?
6. In Lamb to the Slaughter, why does Mary kill her husband?
7. How does Mrs. Bixby find out her husband was cheating on her?
8. In Genesis and Catastrophe, what does Klara's husband say when his baby is born?
9. What does Mrs. Foster from The Way Up to Heaven do to pay her husband back for all the years of aggravation?
10. In Galloping Foxley, what did Perkins hate about Foxley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mental illness was a huge theme in many of these stories. What were some prime examples of this, and what messages were being sent in these stories?
Essay Topic 2
What was one theme you found throughout a number of these stories, and how was is presented?
Essay Topic 3
Sexuality is a theme presented in a number of these stories, and it is manifested in a number of different ways. Choose a few of these instances and compare and contrast them. How are they different in their manifestations of this sensitive theme?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)