|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Soldier, Robert gets disoriented about ___________.
(a) All of these.
(b) Time and place.
(c) Night and day.
(d) Friends and enemies.
2. In An African Story, what kills the servant boy?
(a) A scorpion.
(b) A cave spider.
(c) A black mamba.
(d) A cobra.
3. In Beware of the Dog, the pilot is from _____________.
4. In Beware of the Dog, what information does the pilot give his captors?
(a) His rank.
(b) His name.
(c) His ID number.
(d) All of these.
5. In The Sound Machine, to whom does Klausner show his inventions?
(a) Mr. Sorenson.
(b) Professor Stephens.
(c) Dr. Scott.
(d) Mrs. Strigham.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Taste, what does Richard hope to win in his bet?
2. In Someone Like You, where do the old friends run into each other?
3. How does Mr. Boitbol get his business?
4. In The Soldier, Robert is diagnosed with __________.
5. What would the soldier in Man From the South have won in the bet?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Beware of the Dog, what does the pilot vow to do when he is captured?
2. In Vengeance is Mine Inc., what did the owners of the business do?
3. In A Piece of Cake, what do crews warn a pilot about, and what is his reaction to these warnings?
4. In Taste, how does Richard Pratt cheat in the bet?
5. What was so confusing to the people in Yesterday was Beautiful?
6. What does Mr. Boitbol like to pretend to do?
7. What does the boy pretend to be doing in The Wish?
8. In Skin, what makes Drioli's back so valuable?
9. Why do the pilots want to punish Madame Rosette?
10. Why does Katina not do what is asked of her by the medics?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)