|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In The Sound Machine, where does Klausner create his inventions?
(a) His garage.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) His kitchen.
(d) His back yard.
2. In the Soldier, with what does Robert almost kill his wife?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) His hands.
(d) A baseball bat.
3. What does the Man From the South want when he wins bets?
(d) Nude portraits.
4. In Only This, what does the woman die of?
5. In The Soldier, Robert gets disoriented about ___________.
(a) All of these.
(b) Night and day.
(c) Time and place.
(d) Friends and enemies.
6. The boy in The Wish pretends the black parts of the carpet are _____________.
(a) Hot coals.
(b) Bottomless pits.
(c) Poisonous snakes.
(d) Black spiders.
7. In They Shall Not Grow Old, whom does Fin see flying a line of planes?
(b) Grisly beasts.
(c) Dead soldiers.
(d) Old men.
8. In Someone Like You, what do the old friends drink before speaking with each other?
9. In Katina, what was the girl doing when she died?
(a) Sleeping in a hospital.
(d) Yelling at the German fighter pilots.
10. In The Wish, what does the boy pretend is the only safe color on the carpet?
11. In Skin, what is special about Drioli's back?
(a) It held a treasure map.
(b) It was heavily scarred.
(c) It had no skin.
(d) It had a grand tatoo.
12. In Nunc Dimitis, what does Lionel's girlfriend call him behind his back?
(a) A rougue.
(b) A weakling.
(c) A softy.
(d) A bore.
13. In Only This, what is the woman thinking about just before she dies?
(a) Meeting with her late husband.
(b) Seeing her son again.
(c) Flying in a war plane.
(d) Protecting her sister.
14. What is the first act done by the owners of Vengeance is Mine, Inc.?
(a) A prank with a snake.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A broken window.
(d) A punch in the nose.
15. Who is Mr. Boitbol's favorite composer?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Madame Rosette, how many people work for her?
2. In Piece of Cake, the plane is made of _________.
3. What kind of people are served by Vengeance is Mine, Inc.?
4. What would the soldier in Man From the South have won in the bet?
5. In Yesterday was Beautiful, for what is the pilot searching?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)