|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In They Shall Not Grow Old, how does Fin die?
(a) He is taken prisoner and dies in the camp.
(b) He gets a tropical fever.
(c) He lands in the ocean and drowns.
(d) His plane is shot down.
2. In The Soldier, Robert gets disoriented about ___________.
(a) Friends and enemies.
(b) All of these.
(c) Night and day.
(d) Time and place.
3. Who is Mr. Boitbol's favorite composer?
4. What kind of people are served by Vengeance is Mine, Inc.?
(a) Orphaned people.
(b) Wealthy people.
(c) Elderly people.
(d) Poor people.
5. In Skin, what is special about Drioli's back?
(a) It was heavily scarred.
(b) It had no skin.
(c) It had a grand tatoo.
(d) It held a treasure map.
6. In Someone Like You, what was the former occupation of the old friends?
(c) Fighter pilots.
7. In Only This, what does the woman die of?
8. The boy in The Wish pretends the black parts of the carpet are _____________.
(a) Hot coals.
(b) Poisonous snakes.
(c) Black spiders.
(d) Bottomless pits.
9. What kind of car is driven by the owners of Vengeance is Mine, Inc.?
(a) A Station Wagon.
(b) A Volkswagon.
(c) A Pullman.
(d) A BMW.
10. In Beware of the Dog, how is the pilot injured?
(a) He loses his leg.
(b) He gets a gash on his head.
(c) He loses his arm.
(d) He gets a gash across his belly.
11. What can Klausner hear with his sound machine?
(a) The thoughts of birds.
(b) The beating of his heart.
(c) The flow of blood.
(d) Plants in pain.
12. In Beware of the Dog, what kind of plane is flown?
(a) A Fuego.
(b) A Spitfire.
(c) A Nelson.
(d) A Bulldog.
13. In Nunc Dimitis, what does Lionel's girlfriend call him behind his back?
(a) A softy.
(b) A rougue.
(c) A weakling.
(d) A bore.
14. In Madame Rosette, how many people work for her?
15. In Death of an Old Man, what does Charlie land in after escaping his lost plane?
(a) The ocean.
(b) A field.
(c) A lake.
(d) The Thames.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Katina, the girl is from ______________.
2. In Madame Rosette, what is Madame Rosette's occupation?
3. In Man From the South, the bet is made over __________.
4. In An African Story, what makes the farmer mad at his servant?
5. Whom does Vengeance is Mine, Inc. protect people against?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)